Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Awful news about Ciel, my thoughts are with her family

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Very sad news about Ciel     We alll send our deepest sympathies .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family.
She left some beautiful photos in the Members Gallery.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Ah hell. So sorry to hear this. May she have the weather she loves over on the other side.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Good morning from a lovely sunny Skye! Well, after me saying that it was unlikely that we'd have a power cut last week, we did! Around about 9pm. I couldn't be bothered faffing around lighting my now clean lamps, so I found myself a torch and a wee battery operated lantern and went to bed with a good book! I was asleep pretty quickly ( so the book couldn't have been that good! ) and the power was off for maybe an hour, or so I was told. Quite lucky in that many parts of the Island were still without power at 3pm the next day. Since then we've had rain, hail, sleet, mist, drizzle and snow on the mountain tops. Weather was pretty cruddy over the weekend but I did manage to get into the veg patch and prep the raised beds with plenty of compost. Yesterday I was cutting down the ever present brambles and laying cardboard down on veg garden paths. I did, off course, completely overdo it and was more than a wee bit achy last night. Today I will pace myself and have plenty of wee rests and fill up on tea and biccies. 'Tis the only sensible choice! Current temp 7.4c and blue skies. Love it! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

A beautiful morning here. Brilliant sunshine and birds chirping. First proper glimpse of spring I reckon.

Snow has melted on the Campsies, great view to the West Highlands reveals a lot of snow still on the mountains. Interesting to see how long that might last.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sorry to hear about Ciel, but if I have to go I'd rather it be sudden, just not quite yet please.

Bright and sunny here after overnight rain, but very windy. Had to head in to school to pick up a Covid test kit and I'm in on Thursday for the first time since before Xmas. That's going to feel very strange. Wind didn't seem too bad on the way there but the car was really being buffeted at times on the way back. Of course I took the excuse of being out to do some other errands so not only has the dog got enough food to last her for 2-3 months, but my garage is now empty of cardboard that has been accumulating since the start of lockdown due in part to all the home deliveries.

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely day in Banchory, was out chatting to a neighbour while handing over a parcel to her and the sun felt warm kn my back. Nothing to do today except wait for the RAC to turn up to get my car going again, or at very least, get it towed to the garage...seems not having driven it much in the last 12 weeks hadn’t been good for it. On the upside, I’ve now been fully discharged from the hospital and given the green light to get behind the wheel once more.

Currently 12.9c and climbing after an overnight low of 5.3c. Once car is fixed, I’ll take dogs for a decent walk and make the most of it.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Cracker of a day, warm affects of the Solway in evidence here at 15c and sunny.

A few suntraps in the yard and feeling very pleasant in a t-shirt out of any breeze

837B269B-79F6-4F7C-8939-BC60F00394FD.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Fair here today with hazy sunshine and a Westerly breeze. At 13.6C the max was the highest of the year so far.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Absolutely cracking day here today. Sunny from beginning to end, temperature got up to 13.2deg.C at 12:33, the pressure continues to rise and is currently at 1038.3hPa, whatever cloud there was never exceeded 3/8 cover and that was very high and thin, and only 1.0mm of rain fell overnight.

• Like 5

Posted

Our old friend the cloud is back. Shame as yesterday was a absolute crackerjack of a day too

• Like 2

Posted

Was like that here an hour ago Nut. Totally grey anti cyclonic gloom. Then suddenly from nowhere it's wall to wall blue skies! 8.7C and shooting up.

Bit different to this evening, three years ago: 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
3 hours ago, NUT said:

Our old friend the cloud is back. Shame as yesterday was a absolute crackerjack of a day too

Has burned away now thankfully. Looks like a pretty useable day again.

• Like 3

Posted

Been fabulous from first light again here. Cold last night though.

Temperature 13.4deg.C up from a minimum of 1.0deg.C at midnight, humidity 65%, wind 0 to 2mph west-northwesterly, pressure 1036.9hPa steady, no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 1/8 high and thin.

17Mar21 (2).jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Not sure if anyone here has family / friends in Mississipi or Alabama? I would make sure they are prepared for what is shaping up to be a very significant event 

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 7

Posted

Yep patience a virtue  Cloud has cleared it's another corker of a afternoon

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Yesterday was a cracker, so is today. I managed an outdoor snooze just then, first of many if my physio is right.  Every cloud has a silver lining eh!?

• Like 6

Posted

Catching up after a while away from the thread. Very sorry to hear about Ciel.

• Like 2

Posted

Bit cloudy to start with but cleared up in the early afternoon to oodles of hazy sunshine. 

Winds lot lighter than yesterday, with temperature responding in kind up to a new record for here for this year of 13.1c.

More of the same please!

• Like 4

Posted

Hi folks, stunning day in Glasgow, two in a row. even managed to sneak my tomato seedlings outside for an hour for some early sun!

With SEPA and Meteociel now done, is there anyway of tacking sunshine hours, max/min temps, rainfall in the Glasgow area? Presumably the station that Meteociel used still reports somewhere?

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yesterday was a cracker, so is today. I managed an outdoor snooze just then, first of many if my physio is right.  Every cloud has a silver lining eh!?

Yes, cracking here also and the temperature got above 15deg.C so the lounger had to go out and sunbathing season is underway. (15.2deg.C at 15:19.)

Sunbathing with Mask.jpg

• Like 2