Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Amazing bright sunshine in Glasgow. Quite pleasant if you’ve got a warm jacket on I’d think.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Enjoying bright sunshine this morning, albeit with occasional heavy showers. Very Spring-like.

Temperature 5.5deg.C down from a maximum of 6.1deg.C at 10:36 and up from a minimum of 1.9deg.C at 07:12, humidity is 83%, wind is light ranging generally from 0 to 5mph, pressure is 990.8hPa rising rapidly, there's been 6.4mm of rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 7/8.

• Like 7

Posted

Everything but the kitchen sink just went through here. Started as rain mixed with hail before a bit of sleet

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it
2 hours ago, 101_North said:

As above! Heavy sleet, verging on wet snow here. 

Whats your surface temp?

• Like 1

Posted

I was out earlier getting beer for the rugby this afternoon and it was cold, wet and windy. (The weather, not the beer. Nor it's effects.) Now sunny, warmer and pretty calm, so the weather is doing it's best for us. The rugby on the other hand has been predictably poor in the first match. Italy seems to be going backwards this season (they could do with being replaced,) and although Wales won without help from the referee for the first time this season, they still played pretty woeful rugby. Hopefully France and England can produce a more exciting game.

Temperature has risen to 6.9deg.C now and pressure has risen to 993.8hPa and still rising, dew point is at 4deg.C and yet Diablo is again predicting snow. Don't ask.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Early frost soon gone then mostly a bright morning, followed by a pretty cloudy afternoon and a heavy hail shower 30 mins or so ago.

I sprayed the damson this morning, which is now rendered pointless by that shower.  Festooned silverfish with Murgatroyd and his unearthly tuppences.

• Like 7

Posted
4 hours ago, mardatha said:

Looks like a lovely morning here, the mornings are always very calm and still and then things change. Doesn't feel cold but that's because there's no wind. Really need to get a weather station, feel a bit lost without the temp. We've got the garden underway now after the long wait. I know it's not strictly weather-related but am dying to show off. Here's a couple of pics of the mossfarm out the back - when we moved in / now Waiting for the guy to come today and put down the gravel that's currently dumped on the path. That new fence really keeps the wind out and hides the neighbour's wheelie bins.

BACK OLD1.jpg

AFRAME2.jpg

Someone's been busy! What will you grow?  I'm itching to get out and busy in the garden myself but limited to picking up cat poops and admiring the untidiness so far.

Early brightness fading now but I hope it's warm enough to site out for a while later.

• Like 7

Posted

Pretty decent day on Deeside today, only spoiled by the rugby result. High of 12.8c following an overnight low of 1.4c and currently 6.6c. Gritter drove past when son and I were out with the dogs about an hour ago.

I do love how the setting sun gives everything a golden glow at this time of year.

42A688F7-7A50-45CD-B881-E20D9C9D7C5D.thumb.jpeg.7b69f10c56f0e2d347fdf88214973b7d.jpeg3D50EBE4-2AF8-4B40-8B60-DC017BF19DDA.thumb.jpeg.77306e335a6e2b8823ddb268d9589030.jpeg3DAD499B-2F38-4B42-A3AF-0BF35703E042.thumb.jpeg.8d31b6b1ebb9d1837b96ff698c128474.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Only 4 or 5°C all afternoon and moderate spitting rain in a brisk westerly. Ate too much brunch so couldn't face a hilly walk and opted for the Biggar-Peebles railway trackbed instead. Marv. 

PXL_20210314_155409949.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
18 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Someone's been busy! What will you grow?  I'm itching to get out and busy in the garden myself but limited to picking up cat poops and admiring the untidiness so far.

Oh HC I'm full of ideas - I could fill a park with the stuff I want to get and the garden's just the size of a tablecloth    - No veg though, I just want flowers andherbs. I've got the village shop and an organic farm shop 2 miles away so I don't need the work and faff of veg. Getting very stiff and need to make things easier now. Cottage gardeny flowers mainly, with herbs. And a big trough full of mint cos I love mint. And a chair in middle for moi! There's also a gravel area out the front - half is used for the car and the other half I'm going to put in things like lavender and thyme and camomile and saxifrages, wee things that will break up the bare look.

• Like 8

Posted

My mum, dad and aunt (mum's sister) were all keen gardeners but due to the onset of old age and loss of mobility my aunt's garden, which was previously a magic carpet of vegetables, herbs, flowers, shrubs, bushes and trees, had mainly become overgrown and impenetrable, and my parent's garden was in need of a makeover to make it easier to handle and more of a place for rest and relaxation. A local gardening collective was commissioned for the work to both gardens in late Autumn and it was completed in February. Unfortunately two out of the three didn't survive through winter to see the finished results but I can tell you that the change in both cases was impressive. I therefore went up to my mum's house yesterday adorned with Mothers' Day gifts with a view to celebrating the day with a picnic in her garden. And then it rained. Picnic in her sitting room instead. Don't tell anyone. Still, it was a nice get together. Until the rugby came on. Very exciting but no lineout means no ball means no win. All well and good to be free and expressive but if we can't get the basics right there's little point. Anyhoo...

Temperature 10.0deg.C up from a minimum of 2.8deg.C at 06:06, humidity is 77%, wind 0 to 4mph west-northwesterly, pressure is 1024.6hPa rising slowly, there's been no rain today and the cloud cover is currently 7/8.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

I need to report the very sad news that my friend Ciel,died suddenly on the 25th of February. She was a regular poster in here.

Malcolm

Yes, she was, and always with good humour.  Can say no more, but you and her family and friends have all our sympathy.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

God that’s terrible news. So sorry. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, knocker said:

I need to report the very sad news that my friend Ciel,died suddenly on the 25th of February. She was a regular poster in here.

Malcolm

So saddened to hear that and I’m an outsider. I always liked her style of posts no nonsense and to point, and her amazing photos of great outdoors.

• Thanks 1