Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First 20c of 2021?

B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

That's quite some time away. For the next week maxima in London look to be in the 10-14C range; beyond that and we're in FI.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Zero Euro op support too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
7 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Looks like the first 20c will be early next week. Possibly 22-23c somewhere in the se 

Although the official met office Edinburgh station didn’t reach 20C it got to 21C here and on plenty of other stations nearby and in/ around Edinburgh on wunderground 

On 18/03/2021 at 16:14, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

High of 21C here today, plenty other stations near here and in Edinburgh around that temperature 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
On 23/03/2021 at 13:03, Relativistic said:

That's quite some time away. For the next week maxima in London look to be in the 10-14C range; beyond that and we're in FI.

In the reliable now. Will likely see 22C somewhere, perhaps higher.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Temps looking highly likely coming Tuesday hitting 20c plus, but by the end of this forthcoming week we’ll be seeing temps dropping markedly into mid single figures....brrrrr

Posted
16 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Temps looking highly likely coming Tuesday hitting 20c plus, but by the end of this forthcoming week we’ll be seeing temps dropping markedly into mid single figures....brrrrr

Mid single figures? That would be exceptional for early April. I’m not seeing it getting quite that cold, although a chilly few days looks on the cards.

1 hour ago, Djdazzle said:

Mid single figures? That would be exceptional for early April. I’m not seeing it getting quite that cold, although a chilly few days looks on the cards.

As much as I hate to say it GFS showing up some exceptionally low maxima through the second half of the Easter weekend, only 1 or 2C in nothern England and 5-7C at best for most in the south. Very unwelcome if you ask and a complete pain.

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

As much as I hate to say it GFS showing up some exceptionally low maxima through the second half of the Easter weekend, only 1 or 2C in nothern England and 5-7C at best for most in the south. Very unwelcome if you ask and a complete pain.

I’d expect those to be moderated neater the time. And it’s GFS of course!

1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

I’d expect those to be moderated neater the time. And it’s GFS of course!

I don't disagree however all of the others have swung around to GFS's way of thinking with the quick change to cold, ECM starting to drag in some really cold conditions too. Hard not to see a really cold easter now. 

Its a shame the warmth can't hold through Wednesday, looked like for a time yesterday we might take a run at 25C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
4 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

I’m going by the latest output, it could be very cold Easter *IF* that cold in the N E gets dragged down over the UK with the potential forecasted heights over Greenland.

But as always....We’ll see   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
On 04/03/2021 at 09:23, B87 said:

As we are now into spring, we can realistically start to expect the first 20c readings (or close) over the next few weeks. When will it occur this year?

I'll go with 29th March!

Other thresholds:

21c/70f: 5th April

25c: 1st May

26.7c/80f: 2nd May

30c: 29th June

32.2c/90f: 4th July

35c: 8th July

37.8c/100f: not this year

A number of sites show as reaching 20.0 on weatheronline today, but this could mean anywhere from 19.5 to 20.4.  Its quite likely this guess of 29 march is spot on.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
On 06/03/2021 at 13:22, Bradley in Kent said:

I reckon we'll see 20c this month on the 29th (I'll guess a prolonged high pressure toppling away into Continental Europe).

I'll guess 25c on 20th April but no 30c until 31st July. I'm going for a cool summer with an absolute max 31c on 1st August. 

This year has 2012 vibes all over it!

20.4c officially today in London; also the exact day I predicted this! 

Not the most interesting of achieved predictions I know but I couldn't resist! It seems us weather enthusiasts might have a nack for predicting dates.

Hope you're enjoying the step up to freedom today in the sun

Edited by Bradley in Kent
Update
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
21 hours ago, Bradley in Kent said:

20.4c officially today in London; also the exact day I predicted this! 

Not the most interesting of achieved predictions I know but I couldn't resist! It seems us weather enthusiasts might have a nack for predicting dates.

Hope you're enjoying the step up to freedom today in the sun

In 1986 we had to wait until May

Edited by hillbilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

So now we have comfortably broken the 20c and 21c barriers, when will the first 25c occur? If it doesn't happen today then I don't think it'll happen until late April to mid May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Now that we have achieved our first 20c of the year, I feel that now is the time to be guessing the first 25c of the year. My guess is late May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
6 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Now that we have achieved our first 20c of the year, I feel that now is the time to be guessing the first 25c of the year. My guess is late May.

I think some places around Eastern Central England already exceeded 25C  quite abnormal to see 25C in March and its usually in the London area not the Midlands getting the first 25C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

I think some places around Eastern Central England already exceeded 25C  quite abnormal to see 25C in March and its usually in the London area not the Midlands getting the first 25C. 

Wow. That is certainly impressive for March if that was the case. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

I'll stick with my 20th April from a similar setup, a fleeting taste of European warmth for a couple of days. This is however a much taller order and I won't be surprised if we don't get 25c until the summer!

Also sticking with my cool summer prediction

Posted

I don't remember a May which has not breached 25C albeit I do think a few April's failed to hit 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
29 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

I don't remember a May which has not breached 25C albeit I do think a few April's failed to hit 20C.

2015? Official max was only 23.8C at Faversham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
20 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

May 1996

. Unusually cold (CET 9.1) - only 1902 was significantly colder. On the 18th the maximum in Bournemouth was only 7C. 20C was only reached for the first time in the month anywhere in the country on the 29th.

An extract from Trevor Harley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

May 1996

. Unusually cold (CET 9.1) - only 1902 was significantly colder. On the 18th the maximum in Bournemouth was only 7C. 20C was only reached for the first time in the month anywhere in the country on the 29th.

An extract from Trevor Harley

May 1996 was an awful month, however I believe 26c was hit on the 30th.

I don't think may 2013 hit 25c either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
6 hours ago, SummerShower said:

May 1996 was an awful month, however I believe 26c was hit on the 30th.

I don't think may 2013 hit 25c either.

Indeed, official max in May 2013 was also 23.7C as far as I'm aware.