Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted

summer is going to have to pull off something extraordinary to salvage the "warm and light" part of the year for me which runs from March-September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
56 minutes ago, Azazel said:

summer is going to have to pull off something extraordinary to salvage the "warm and light" part of the year for me which runs from March-September.

Was thinking the very same thing. Wouldn’t it be nice to have some extended warmth into October and, above all, decent sunshine right through the autumn, whether warm or not!

• Like 1

Posted

29C this afternoon following the first proper warm night of the year (it didn't go below 16C). I'm enjoying it while I can because the forecast is dreadful. A chance of major flooding along the Danube and Morava over the next week with all the rain that's forecast. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Up on Dartmoor this lunchtime. Temp around 8c, trees nowhere near fully out and such more brown you'd think it was winter. 

Dreadful walking weather. 

20210511_110137.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
4 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

But that's where averages come in... I can almost guarantee you . last  June came out higher than average. Because we had several days where it was  hotter than usual  (then again maybe not last June)  but I'm speaking in general how averages work. You can have a week of hot weather with unbroken sunshine then have  3 dire weeks. And  the stats will make it look good..

June 2020 was warmer, wetter and cloudier than average.

Posted
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

Hopefully a warm June and a hot August/September, with a very sunny October to finish off.

• Like 3

Maxed out at 14C again today a few hours of decent sun, back down to 11c in continuous rain. Poor and again a bit like last June none of the thundery fun anywhere near by. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I honestly can say, no ramping or trying to wind folk up at all but this Spring weather wise has been first class, records broken left right and centre now for the 3rd or 4th time proper storms, power dropping off, hail the works. How anybody who is a weather enthusiast can critics this for me doesn't make sense, isn't this what we want? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

I honestly can say, no ramping or trying to wind folk up at all but this Spring weather wise has been first class, records broken left right and centre now for the 3rd or 4th time proper storms, power dropping off, hail the works. How anybody who is a weather enthusiast can critics this for me doesn't make sense, isn't this what we want? 

I agree, Mark -- my suntan is easily on a par with last year's. So for those of us in constant need of vitamin D, this spring has been bloody marvellous!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
14 minutes ago, markyo said:

For me it has been nice but ive had no exciting weather yet unlike others, no heavy rain, hail or storms and certainly no real heat. A bit plain and boring here although pleasant. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
52 minutes ago, markyo said:

How anybody who is a weather enthusiast can critics this for me doesn't make sense,

It makes perfect sense - every member on this forum doesn't live in the same place as you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

While we are all looking forward to seeing some brutal thunderstorms in the sky this summer, RIP to the 9 year old boy killed today in Blackpool from a lightning strike. 

BBC News - Blackpool boy, 9, killed in lightning strike on playing field

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-57080526

Edited by 38.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anyone have any stats on the fewest number of 20C days recorded in a spring? This has to be down there with the worst!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Anyone have any stats on the fewest number of 20C days recorded in a spring? This has to be down there with the worst!

Spring 2013 only had 6 days above 20.0c at Heathrow. So far this year, we are on 2 at Heathrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, B87 said:

Spring 2013 only had 6 days above 20.0c at Heathrow. So far this year, we are on 2 at Heathrow.

Jeez. That's impressive.

Posted

Today was actually a pretty average May day. Partly cloudy and 18c here. Shame that it was much windier than average though, up to 28km/h at one stage.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Depends on location, Manchester Airport didn't record its first 20C until the July of 1991

Posted

Some members are talking about how poor this spring is but I'm finding it one of the most meteorologically interesting springs for many years.

We had early heat and a very high maximum recorded during March, April was very unusual in that it was a combination of very dry and cold. It was sunny on the whole and there were an exceptional  number of frosts.

Now  a number of members are reporting thunderstorms during May.

For me, that is better than a very homogenous spring. Spring 2014 for me was a borefest, hardly any variety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Depends on location, Manchester Airport didn't record its first 20C until the July of 1991

20c+ days at Heathrow in notably cold springs.

1984: 6

1986: 2

1991: 8

1996: 7

2001: 12

2006: 5

2013: 6

2018: 21

2021: 2 so far

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

For me, that is better than a very homogenous spring. Spring 2014 for me was a borefest, hardly any variety. 

Same here. 2014 was blandsville despite being one of the warmest springs ever. I remember almost nothing about it. In fact, 2014 as a whole was a bland year. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Some members are talking about how poor this spring is but I'm finding it one of the most meteorologically interesting springs for many years.

We had early heat and a very high maximum recorded during March, April was very unusual in that it was a combination of very dry and cold. It was sunny on the whole and there were an exceptional  number of frosts.

Now  a number of members are reporting thunderstorms during May.

Interesting at times in terms of weather (although still no thunder here), but in terms of being able to sit outside it's really poor, particularly given the current situation and how nice last spring was.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
24 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Same here. 2014 was blandsville despite being one of the warmest springs ever. I remember almost nothing about it. In fact, 2014 as a whole was a bland year. 

For me 2014 was the most thundery year I can remember, so many direct hits, nothing comes close here.

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Interesting at times in terms of weather (although still no thunder here), but in terms of being able to sit outside it's really poor, particularly given the current situation and how nice last spring was.

I think thats a key element, this year we really could have done with a decent warm spell during the 2nd half of April and early May but we basically got the complete opposite.

I think the thing thats has been most noticeable is just how cold the mornings have remained. We've had more times where we have been below 3c than quite a few winter months in recent years have seen which is crazy really.

I think I am ready for something warmer now though, I'm a little sick of the cold mornings.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

It makes perfect sense - every member on this forum doesn't live in the same place as you.

That doesn't make sense. 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1