Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Still eyeing up possible wintry showers for the next three days, Lincoln might be a bit too far south unless we catch some particularly heavy showers here, but certainly Scotland and the far north of England could see sleet/snow to low levels.

I think this evening's GFS has gone off on one- that's a distinctly autumnal looking run, that low around T+210 would be unusual even in autumn or winter, let alone in May when the Atlantic is traditionally at its weakest.  The UKMO and ECMWF are consistent in their projection of a warmer (albeit mostly around average, rather than particularly warm) changeable regime and that's what I'm currently expecting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

According to the weatheronline forecast, if it were to verify then the average high from 1-16 May in London would be a barely believable 13.7c. That puts May 1996 to shame.

Posted

It's been chilly and dry, now it's chilly and wet, so far a poor spring.

Of course as we move closer to summer things will inevitably change for the better, comfortably said without the need for a thousand words of waffle.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just got home from work having had to deal with forecasts for numerous local authorities in need of extending their winter gritting seasons, come home and it's dark, wet and windy, trees aren't in full leaf, heating is on...Welcome to November!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

34mph avg wind speeds here, some 50+mph gusts too very wild for may!

Posted

It's a good job winter is coming to a close. Oh. Hang on. 64 days later and it is still .......winter.  What a thoroughly depressing day. Started raining at 10am by us in Dudley and finished at 19.30. So depressing I shut ths blinds at 5pm because I couldn't stand ths depressing gloom any longer.  Shoved the central heating up and put the lamp on and it was almost summer like with the light bulb acting as the sun. The great British climate. ? Shocking and appalling. Perhaps it will be 21c on November 3rd.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Today has been really quite grotesque, but I've got to admit it brings back memories of Mays gone by with many a day like this one. The best example is probably the 3rd-5th May 2004 period - very cyclonic, windy and wet... cold to boot!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

I'm probably the only person who is pleased with the current cool outlook!  At least we've had a nice bit of rain today to freshen things up, indeed the air was lovely and fresh once the rain pushed through this evening.  

I'm very much enjoying not sweating and long may it continue (sorry no offence heat lovers, I'm sure your turn will come once summer arrives).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I enjoyed today perhaps more than most because it felt somewhat nostalgic; many a day in the Mays of my teenage years (namely 2012, 2013, and 2015) were similarly cool, wet and windy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

To br fair up until about 3pm yesterday, it wasn't too bad here. Boy did it come down after that mind. 

Meant I could get on decorating my lounge without thought of ruinning a day! 

Posted

10 hours rain here, winds gusting over 60 mph at times....looks a repeat performance comming up this weekend...A very different May shaping up compared to last year...joys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Not surprised to see the fence down! Wasn't much in the way of heavy rain here and most of yesterday was ok, started raining around 6.30 even had sunny spells until about 2 o'clock.

Posted

Wild night last night - thought we were going to lose the tree in the garden at one point.

• Like 1

Another day, another set of garbage in the models. Anyone think the UK will see 20C before the middle of the month? I guess the only chance is possibly Sunday afternoon up in East Anglia depending on the timing of fronts.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

As previously mentioned, I do not mind the rain itself as we could do with some, but one thing I am getting rather peed off about is the below average temps which has been the main theme throughout April and there's still no sign of it warming up just yet. As a novice gardener I do find this rather frustrating as the majority of my seeds still haven't germinated yet (I do not have a greenhouse unfortunately) and I am still waiting for my potato plants to appear above the ground which I have planted 3 weeks ago. 

Looks like it is going to be one of those years where we go straight from winter to summer.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
48 minutes ago, milomolly123 said:

hi guys I've made a severe thunderstorm warning map the image attached is a example i hope u like it tell me if u think i could improve it anymore 

SEVERE STORM MAP (2).png

Wait..... so you are going for 100% chance of 90-80mph winds from severe storms in 21 days across a large swathe of central England?

Edited by Quicksilver1989

1 minute ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Wait..... so you are going for 90-80mph winds from severe storms in 21 days across a large swathe of central England?

The things people do these days for likes and clicks....

no sorry this is a example its not valid im just showing of some new concepts and i just wanted some feedback on them theres no need to panic  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
30 minutes ago, milomolly123 said:

no sorry this is a example its not valid im just showing of some new concepts and i just wanted some feedback on them theres no need to panic  

Ah no worries 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
51 minutes ago, milomolly123 said:

The way things are with our weather just lately, I wouldn't be all that surprised if that did happen. 

• Like 1