Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

As expected today, horrible start, thick north sea filth, would like to see the end of the E'lys, anything with wind east of south, not much good here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

As expected today, horrible start, thick north sea filth, would like to see the end of the E'lys, anything with wind east of south, not much good here

Should hopefully clear soon enough!

Glorious again here. 17c and an expected high of 22/23c this afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky. Bliss!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
On 27/05/2021 at 23:22, al78 said:

OK thanks, strange it doesn't stick in my mind. It was nearly 20 years ago and there have been many notable weather events since then.

03 basically produced at least one hot week a month bar perhaps May between March-August. April, June and August were simply the peaks of that pattern.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
9 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

03 basically produced at least one hot week a month bar perhaps May between March-August. April, June and August were simply the peaks of that pattern.

And not to forget the noteworthy heatwave in mid July - nearly 34C on the 15th. Often a forgotten heatwave it seems.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

I despise this weather.  My bedroom is already getting uncomfortably warm and there seems to be no end in sight to this.  The only crumb of comfort is we are already within a few weeks of the longest day and the nights will start drawing in again within less than a month.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
44 minutes ago, MP-R said:

And not to forget the noteworthy heatwave in mid July - nearly 34C on the 15th. Often a forgotten heatwave it seems.

Yes at the time that was the hottest temperature in the UK since 1995, only to be bettered 3 weeks later..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simon M said:

I despise this weather.  My bedroom is already getting uncomfortably warm and there seems to be no end in sight to this.  The only crumb of comfort is we are already within a few weeks of the longest day and the nights will start drawing in again within less than a month.

Actual lol, the west midlands is pretty much the coolest place in the country due to the cloud, temps barely out the mid teens in places. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

It wasn't a forgotten heatwave, it was all part of a major heatwave affecting the whole of Europe thanks to High pressure blocking since June 2003 France was hit hardest, I think a similar heatwave affected the whole Europe in 2006 and not just France

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Conditions slowly improving here, still slightly below average temperatures but the vile, freezing wind has FINALLY abated somewhat, allowing sunny spells to actually feel quite pleasant.

Posted

I can see an area of cloud forming to the south of London and moving north on the radar. Hope it doesn't ruin the sunshine 

Posted
1 hour ago, Simon M said:

Lol it’s only just started. My flat still feels cold in the evenings, as it’s north facing.

A few days touching 21c and people are moaning already lol.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Conditions slowly improving here, still slightly below average temperatures but the vile, freezing wind has FINALLY abated somewhat, allowing sunny spells to actually feel quite pleasant.

Glad to hear it. It has been quite chilly across many parts of Northern Europe this year. Think it might produce some severe thundery outbreaks once the hot air becomes more established during June to august.

• Like 1

Posted

What is there to despise? Seriously we get 8 or 9 months in this country a year when a jacket/coat is required daily.

In terms of sunny conditions (which have been in short supply recently) this is very comfortable indeed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I know what you mean, this is near max to what i feel is comfortable, much hotter and it at first becomes annoying then as the temp creeps towards 30c for me it effects my quality of life, ie sleep and work. Ignore the folk who say your moaning, we all feel the weather differently, one persons hot is another's cool and visa versa.  This thread has a specific title for a reason, they seem to forget this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
2 hours ago, Simon M said:

20-21c? Really? I know some folk don’t like hot weather, but 21c isn’t even hot buy a fan or a/c if it’s a life ruiner. It’s not the dark ages, there’s plenty you can do to mitigate the warmer weather if it’s not your thing.

At least you only have to endure maybe 4 months max of it, people like me who aren’t a big fan of winter and the dark have to put up with 8 months of cack weather in this country!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Lol it’s only just started. My flat still feels cold in the evenings, as it’s north facing.

A few days touching 21c and people are moaning already lol.

This current period of weather is fairly benign and certainly nothing out of the ordinary for the time of year. It's warm, but not THAT warm. It certainly isn't heatwave warm like some people and the newspapers are making it out to be.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
20 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

The March high for spring has been broken and still an hour of heating possible, and on the very last day of spring 

Yes, showing 25c at Northolt, and also Lossiemouth (though this would be rounded)

Edited by SummerShower

Posted
11 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

This current period of weather is fairly benign and certainly nothing out of the ordinary for the time of year. It's warm, but not THAT warm. It certainly isn't heatwave warm like some people and the newspapers are making it out to be.

Yes I agree. Just had a walk up the road to the pub in t shirt and shorts.  Bought my light jacket with me for later on. I had to put the jacket on because of the chill in the wind. Beautiful day but like you say, not all that warm really. Just hit 21c. 

• Like 1

Posted

Temperatures have been below average for late-May here ironically due to the onshore breeze. The max yesterday was 14.8C and today 15.0C.

Still very pleasant in the sunshine though. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

I know what you mean, this is near max to what i feel is comfortable, much hotter and it at first becomes annoying then as the temp creeps towards 30c for me it effects my quality of life, ie sleep and work. Ignore the folk who say your moaning, we all feel the weather differently, one persons hot is another's cool and visa versa.  This thread has a specific title for a reason, they seem to forget this.

But, you seem to bait people a lot more when the weather is damp and cold, which is like someone else said above, between October and April. 

The damp and cold conditions have prevailed for a longer period during 2021, so I think it’s now the turn for the warm sunny folk to enjoy this much needed weather.

April was nice and sunny yes, before you say anything, but it was still cold in the shade or even in the sun. The windchill also is something that makes this country cold during the damp cloudy spells. Even in high summer 17-19c, or 21c will feel on the cool side if accompanied by cloud and wind.

I think I speak for most people on here, that nobody wants a week of 33-35c, but most will be happy with 24-28c for it to be comfortably warm or hot, and warm enough to enjoy the outdoors into the evenings, without having to put a jacket on.

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes I agree. Just had a walk up the road to the pub in t shirt and shorts.  Bought my light jacket with me for later on. I had to put the jacket on because of the chill in the wind. Beautiful day but like you say, not all that warm really. Just hit 21c. 

It’s that fresh dry heat at this time of year. Can be warm or even hot in the day, but still be cool at evening. 

As we move into June and daytime temps exceed 27c the humidity will start to build a bit more. 

The current pattern is perfect though. We needed to get out of that cold damp pattern we were stuck in for most of May 2021.

Looking back, this will still be remembered as a poor May, despite this lovely weather.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Agree about that. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
32 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

But, you seem to bait people a lot more when the weather is damp and cold, which is like someone else said above, between October and April.

Please show a quote. It is no intentional, i would be interested.