Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Absolutely stunning here this morning, cloudless blue sky. At long last. How nice is it to see this again?!

Had that most of April!

Posted

What i would call a perfect summers day, got to 20c, lovely in a light breeze, very usable. The outlook look very promising, no vile heatwave on the cards, mixture of settled and transient fronts, perfect UK weather. Fingers crossed July and August show the same. I wouldn't complain at that at all!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

My central heating has finally gone into hibernation now, at long last. It would be nice if I don't have to use it again until late September at the very earliest. Even then, it will only be for an hour or so in the evenings. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

We need a good summer, with longer spells of hot sunny weather. 

A good summer doesn't mean a 76 summer...we need a normal uk summer this year,  more than any anytime in a generation. ?No washout, no humid uncomfortable heat, something for everybody to enjoy and work in.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, markyo said:

So a damaging extreme climate event such as 76 is just what we need now? Like some would want a freezing damaging Winter this year? Come on...

Dont think a long spell of heat will be that damaging.  Just like in the last 20 years extreme periods of flooding are that damaging. Nature recovers. Like Oz and the fires a few months back. Nature will always recover from extremes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
21 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Dont worry. Come half way in June you lot will be enjoying none stop 30c heat and we will be strolling around in our coats in 17c very mild weather. 

Well I wouldn’t class 17c as coat weather. Maybe light jacket or jumper weather though, especially if is cloudy and/or breezy. If it was raining at that temp I’d wear a thin rain jacket over a t-shirt. A thick coat would be much too warm for me at that temp.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

Had that most of April!

It wasn’t warm though was it?

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

What i would call a perfect summers day, got to 20c, lovely in a light breeze, very usable. The outlook look very promising, no vile heatwave on the cards, mixture of settled and transient fronts, perfect UK weather. Fingers crossed July and August show the same. I wouldn't complain at that at all!

I agree. Low 20’s and sunny, with a light to gentle breeze and low humidity, are perfect late spring/summer conditions for me. ☀️

I don’t really understand those people who want a cool, cloudy and unsettled summer as that is the weather we get most of the time anyway. It’s nice to get some warm and sunny weather for a few weeks.

Posted

Reached about 21°C, unbroken sunshine, low humidity, gentle breeze, doesn’t get much better than this.

Easily warmest day of the year here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
14 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Interesting temp profile this evening, west is definitely best 
image.thumb.png.b4772985ac94e3191008737182b2a457.pngimage.thumb.png.3ac1cdd4e24ffd8e05976ef55d75df33.png

Indeed! High of 21C here today - sun is still beating down.  
Current temperature 17.7C - lovely/fine Spring night.

Big issue with haar/sea fret/low cloud on quite a few NE/E/SE UK coastal locations.

B3E29477-F609-474D-9E74-2A93CDFCBD05.thumb.jpeg.497e2c26345c3083ebb1e5d011382d94.jpeg

Another great example.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Interesting temp profile this evening, west is definitely best 
image.thumb.png.b4772985ac94e3191008737182b2a457.pngimage.thumb.png.3ac1cdd4e24ffd8e05976ef55d75df33.png

Only 8c on the east coast just to the north of Newcastle. Got to be an error surely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Only 8c on the east coast just to the north of Newcastle. Got to be an error surely!

8AA67356-C463-433A-82FA-D9D87A8203D9.thumb.jpeg.c474ff5e10131381ba3a0546a5638b58.jpeg

Wont be an error, haar already rolling into eastern coastal areas again. Temps drop like a stone when it comes in!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Indeed! High of 21C here today - sun is still beating down.  
Current temperature 17.7C - lovely/fine Spring night.

Big issue with haar/sea fret on many NE/E/SE UK coastal locations.

B3E29477-F609-474D-9E74-2A93CDFCBD05.thumb.jpeg.497e2c26345c3083ebb1e5d011382d94.jpeg

Another great example.

Wow amazing. The North Sea Coast is often plagued by thick cloud and fog when the wind is from the north-east or the east and we have high-pressure while the rest of the country is sunny but you don’t normally see it quite so obviously! My mum comes from Whitley Bay and we last went there in May 2018. Rest of the country was warm dry and sunny but we had a lot of cold and foggy weather to contend with it did get better later on though thankfully.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mb018538 said:

8AA67356-C463-433A-82FA-D9D87A8203D9.thumb.jpeg.c474ff5e10131381ba3a0546a5638b58.jpeg

Wont be an error, haar already rolling into eastern coastal areas again. Temps drop like a stone when it comes in!

I do feel sorry for those north east coast areas when we get high pressure + easterly winds. The people there must get pretty ticked off when they hear that the rest of the country had a warm and sunny day while they were stuck under fog and in single figures. On the other hand they are a lot drier than us over in Northwest England and when the wind is from the west or the Southwest they tend to do better whereas we tend to get a lot of thick cloud and cool unsettled weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Weirdly enough as is the case in the UK! Yesterday in my neck of the woods was mostly a cloudy affair. It was warmer than today by a degree or so . And today was unbroken sunshine.  I'm no expert but suspect it is down to air mass and all that sort of stuff.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
4 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I do feel sorry for those north east coast areas when we get high pressure + easterly winds. The people there must get pretty ticked off when they hear that the rest of the country had a warm and sunny day while they were stuck under fog and in single figures. On the other hand they are a lot drier than us over in Northwest England and when the wind is from the west or the Southwest they tend to do better whereas we tend to get a lot of thick cloud and cool unsettled weather.

It’s swings and roundabouts as you say. The prevailing weather type in the UK is westerly, so eastern areas on average will do better for drier weather over the course of time as western slopes wring out a lot of moisture. Can be frustrating, I’m far enough inland so that it doesn’t majorly effect me, but in these set ups it’s still a good few degrees below western areas. 2-3c lower today. 21c and blue sky was bliss though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
19 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It can be both a blessing or a curse, if it's days where other places are roasting at say 25-30C it's nice when it comes off the sea and keeps it cool but it's a notorious storm killer I've seen it many times when storms either look likely to develop but it stops anything happening or storms move into the cooler easterly flow and fall apart

Posted
16 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

It’s swings and roundabouts as you say. The prevailing weather type in the UK is westerly, so eastern areas on average will do better for drier weather over the course of time as western slopes wring out a lot of moisture. Can be frustrating, I’m far enough inland so that it doesn’t majorly effect me, but in these set ups it’s still a good few degrees below western areas. 2-3c lower today. 21c and blue sky was bliss though!

Reached about 21°C here too. Not a cloud all day.

Posted

Very normal for the west to be the best temp wise under high pressure set ups in the early part of summer, when centred to the NE, N Sea still very cool and light onshore breezes keep eastern parts cooler, by July the effects are diminished more.. more northerly centres highs tend to produce higher temps in the west than the east in first part of summer, south and east tend to need more of a continental flow.. second half of summer on average most set ups bring warmest weather to the south and east except a NE flow..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Reached 21.6c with mostly sunny skies today, the exact long term average for June. It actually felt hot at times after the last 8 weeks of well below average rubbish.

Forecast looks like typical late July temps for the forseeable future, 23-27c. A good start to set about undoing the damage that April and May have done to the annual average.