Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
24 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Thanks Blue...

I'm getting 1996 deja vu ...ironically enough England hosted the Euros that June too..

Quoting in this thread so it’s not off topic in the other.

Wouldn’t mind a repeat of the thundery Friday evening that preceded the opening match of ‘96!

• Like 1

Warmest day of the year here in Bournemouth. Temperatures already reached at least 20.6c at Hurn beating the 20.2c on the 30th March. Could even sneak 22c depending on sea breezes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

I know some people might not like to hear it but the upcoming pattern just has a little feel of Jun. 2007 about it to me... Blocking has been so dominant this year and it wouldn't surprise me if the pattern may revert to a cooler one again after a brief spell of easterly sourced winds... that's just my opinion though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
1 hour ago, LetItSnow! said:

I know some people might not like to hear it but the upcoming pattern just has a little feel of Jun. 2007 about it to me... Blocking has been so dominant this year and it wouldn't surprise me if the pattern may revert to a cooler one again after a brief spell of easterly sourced winds... that's just my opinion though.

Yeah I was thinking that earlier.  I didn't mind the first half of June 2007 though.. it was very wet, yes, but also warm and thundery.  As long as we don't get the descent into atrociously  cool and wet with noahs ark style flooding after that I don't mind. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, 38.7°C said:

Only 17C here and very cloudy, Not a single break in the cloud with any glimpse of blue sky viewing through. But not to worry our first 20C of the year is due tomorrow 

Lovely where I am this afternoon 

Posted

Grey clouds until about 3pm then the sun broke through but still thick clouds around more broken. Got up to 21c here so that means we have got above 20c on TWO days in the 90 days of Spring so far. But hey! Summer is coming and the first bit of June is looking good. Hope it continues. Might find the old  shorts out tomorrow.  Could be 22/23c. I can sense a beer garden coming on!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Aircon on....elecly bill going up, hello the worst season of the year...☹️( for folk like myself. Heaven forbid i was to generalise)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I think June will see an average amount of rainfall with temperatures around or somewhat above average. First part of June is looking decent enough and I reckon that our first plume of the year will be during the second half of that month.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
12 hours ago, markyo said:

Yeah I know it got intense in other countries but come on this is the UK I bet you could count on one hand the number of days over 30°C in Sheffield that summer. 

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Aircon on....elecly bill going up, hello the worst season of the year...☹️( for folk like myself. Heaven forbid i was to generalise)

I was just thinking of you last night when it was still 20°C in my bedroom at midnight with the window open.  Well it's been cold enough Marky boy for too long so you will just have to put up with a few weeks of warm weather. The days will be getting shorter in three weeks time so there's something for you to look forward to.

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I think June will see an average amount of rainfall with temperatures around or somewhat above average. First part of June is looking decent enough and I reckon that our first plume of the year will be during the second half of that month.

I hope you are right. Don't really want a repeat of summer 2007.

• Like 1

Posted

Overcast and a bit damp to start the day, mostly cloudy with a few sunny spells during the afternoon, then back to overcast by late afternoon and early evening with a very brief heavy shower. Feeling warm and quite humid with a nice summery smell in the air.

Posted
6 hours ago, 38.7°C said:

Only 17C here and very cloudy, Not a single break in the cloud with any glimpse of blue sky viewing through. But not to worry our first 20C of the year is due tomorrow 

It's been nice in London though I was watching the anti-lockdown protest on a livestream and it started off cloudy but the sun came out later on it turned into a beautiful day most people in shorts and t-shirts. Not surprising really as London usually gets better weather than Northwest England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Still very underwhelmed with the weather here. There were some (brief) sunny intervals today, which felt very nice, but interspersed with heavy showers (also brief). The freezing wind was back, though. It’s absolutely vile. Temperatures are still quite a bit below average, though looking like a warming trend next week, at long last.

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Still very underwhelmed with the weather here. There were some (brief) sunny intervals today, which felt very nice, but interspersed with heavy showers (also brief). The freezing wind was back, though. It’s absolutely vile. Temperatures are still quite a bit below average, though looking like a warming trend next week, at long last.

Dont worry. Come half way in June you lot will be enjoying none stop 30c heat and we will be strolling around in our coats in 17c very mild weather. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Dont worry. Come half way in June you lot will be enjoying none stop 30c heat and we will be strolling around in our coats in 17c very mild weather. 

I doubt it, but you never know with our climate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Hehe, well people are saying that here, that when the switch flicks it’ll be too hot to be outside. Hopefully not. I’d be very happy with 22-27°C, light winds, plenty of sunshine and frequent thundery showers/storms. Typical continental summer conditions, generally. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A chilly and less than pleasent start to the day, it should clear but that is a large and thick area of cloud cover, was hoping for a brighter note this morning.

Posted

Absolutely stunning here this morning, cloudless blue sky. At long last. How nice is it to see this again?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Scorcher said:

Absolutely stunning here this morning, cloudless blue sky. At long last. How nice is it to see this again?!

Currently a large East West split at moment, it's clearing out from the east though slowly.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Petorious said:

Currently a large East West split at moment, it's clearing out from the east though slowly.

I believe we had more cloud yesterday so it's swings and roundabouts I guess!

• Like 2

Posted

How on earth can the South be at 20c odd when everyone else manages to get to mid 20's - Gaaah!!

1.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Early low Cloud did take longer to clear than I thought.  Was gone by 11 and Now sunny and warm, although there's a thick wad of high cloud to the west and I can't work out which way its going!