Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Yesterday was a very stale day, completely overcast and only a few drops of rain on the windshield, other than that nothing, at least this morning there is blue skies and sunshine and I hope it lasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
23 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Yesterday was a very stale day, completely overcast and only a few drops of rain on the windshield, other than that nothing, at least this morning there is blue skies and sunshine and I hope it lasts.

Atmosphere is quite unstable now...started off blue here but cloud really building now. A check of the radar shows this heading your way, so expect the clouds to bubble up a fair bit. Being so far south you may escape the showers or the worst of the showers though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

We must have had more frosts this month than we have had in the whole of many winters. Winter 2019/20 failed to achieve any frosts in my neck of the woods from what I can recall. 

I think the weather just does what it likes now, regardless on the time of year.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sat in the garden at the moment and, with a coat on, it’s quite pleasant  Very reminiscent of the first nice days in February lol.

Last night, however, smashed my record minimum to date.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
30 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Sat in the garden at the moment and, with a coat on, it’s quite pleasant  Very reminiscent of the first nice days in February lol.

Last night, however, smashed my record minimum to date.

I think that sums this spring up, favourably comparing it to February haha!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

saw my first daffodil this morning fact is i have never seen any before in Edmonton..was in a front garden just coming into bloom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
5 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Atmosphere is quite unstable now...started off blue here but cloud really building now. A check of the radar shows this heading your way, so expect the clouds to bubble up a fair bit. Being so far south you may escape the showers or the worst of the showers though!

Yep seems like I have, only got very few droplets when I went to the wye downs but now it's just another boring overcast day, there was some interesting unstable clouds (the wavy ones) but other then that nothing interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Monday 3rd May #staysanemonday, had all lockdown, most days were dry or washouts/rain arrived evening/night, now lockdown over washout timed for the day, why every time, going to be very tough day

predicted very wet 2nd half of April, looks like kind of right, just delayed by 3 weeks, now going for one of coldest/wettest May's on record

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

saw my first daffodil this morning fact is i have never seen any before in Edmonton..was in a front garden just coming into bloom

For a moment I was thinking, blimey it must be a late spring in Edmonton, north London...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, andreas said:

For a moment I was thinking, blimey it must be a late spring in Edmonton, north London...

lol i know which Edmonton i would rather live in

• Like 2

Posted

I think after all the cool weather we’ve endured, a hot spell of weather will be coming our way at some point in the next few weeks. 

Im predicting a hot sunny spell sometime around the 15th to the 20th, and temps hitting 27-28c. Some widespread thunderstorm will then move in during the last 10 days of May. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
27 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I think after all the cool weather we’ve endured, a hot spell of weather will be coming our way at some point in the next few weeks. 

Im predicting a hot sunny spell sometime around the 15th to the 20th, and temps hitting 27-28c. Some widespread thunderstorm will then move in during the last 10 days of May. 

This is what happened in 2012, a hot spell in the final 10 days of May that got everyone on the edge of their seats thinking the next 1976 had arrived! Oh how wrong they were.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
44 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

thinking opposite, very cool May, got feeling it could be a cool summer with best warmth coming from Mid Aug to Mid Oct

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
44 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

thinking opposite, very cool May, got feeling it could be a cool summer with best warmth coming from Mid Aug to Mid Oct

The warmest Octobers generally average around 18c here, which would still be poor after a cool summer. Sounds like 2011, which had a terrible summer and a warm September/October.

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yuck, far far prefer warm sunny weather between May and July, than August and October - days are shortening and that period doesn't have the anticipatory feel of late spring/early summer.

• Like 1

Posted

I have a feeling we’re in for a cold and wet May and then a cool, dry June similar to 2015. 

I hope we’re in for a May 2012, where the miserable crap will be in the first half and then a fantastic second half.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

I think we will get a May 2012 and then a summer like 2017 but with a better August (not difficult).

Posted

The problem with May 2012 is the last 2 weeks were the only decent dry sunny spell of the entire 'summer'!  Though I don't feel like this is a 2012 style year, for me more like 2013 but running a little later.  If that holds then we could have a cold start to summer but a decent spell later on, perhaps end of July into August, a bit later than the nice July weather in 2013.  Of course it could all surprise us as it often does!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but bleddy rain

Given how dry it has been, I'm afraid I think we are in for a warm, damp summer. Just hoping they open up foreign travel so I can escape it 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
2 hours ago, MagicOtter said:

Given how dry it has been, I'm afraid I think we are in for a warm, damp summer. Just hoping they open up foreign travel so I can escape it 

I have a hunch, and I freely admit that a hunch is all it is, that this could be one of those summers with huge regional differences even within England. I remember even 2007 was like that to an extent - I spent a week or two that summer exploring SW England, and I think there was only one washout in about 8 days of travelling. If I'd been here in the Midlands it would have been far worse.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
15 hours ago, 38.7°C said:

This is what happened in 2012, a hot spell in the final 10 days of May that got everyone on the edge of their seats thinking the next 1976 had arrived! Oh how wrong they were.  

Yes the hot spell coincided with what was originally the bank holiday, but the bank holiday got shifted back a week which was a washout weekend. P**s-take UK.

• Like 1