Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

happens in my location off an easterly! forecast is mostly always sunny, but every time it's grey and cold, even in July/Aug, sometimes until 1-2pm at the earliest, north sea fret/mist

Posted

Incredible how fast the weather can change in this country. Here’s what it’s gonna feel like on Monday, 1-3 for most. A huge shock to the system, after such warm days. 
1F33E252-461A-4B96-AD25-75FCA3121CD0.thumb.jpeg.340e7aa938825926711245f71de224d1.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
20 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

so may I ask what was the forecast please? It was correct for here, not too far from you.

Check the BBC and MetO screen grabs from forecasts this morning earlier in the thread. Both more or less show unbroken sunshine today. In reality a large portion of the S/SE has been under a blanket of cloud all day. 

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful summer’s day here at the end of March. 

Can’t believe the difference between now and next week, will feel absolutely Baltic. I don’t mind cold weather when it’s properly winter with the long nights and cosy firesides. When it’s not getting dark until half 7 it’ll just feel wrong. 

Edited by HellItsHot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, HellItsHot said:

Beautiful summer’s day here at the end of March. 

Can’t believe the difference between now and next week, will feel absolutely Baltic. I don’t mind cold weather when it’s properly winter with the long nights and cosy firesides. When it’s not getting dark until half 7 it’ll just feel wrong. 

At least we won't need the streetlights to see the snow falling in the evenings.

• Like 1

Posted

Warmer by a degree in Dudley today compared to yesterday (22c up from 21c) and plenty of sunshine and hardly any wind either. Looking out the window now enjoying a cider still lovely and sunny. Not looking forward to Easter Monday by the looks of it ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

23.0°C in Sheffield, nice end to March but a cold April on the way, which will be a reality check, mind you April can often be a very cold month in the UK. The last two were very mild so this might provide a bit of balance.

Posted
35 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Warmer by a degree in Dudley today compared to yesterday (22c up from 21c) and plenty of sunshine and hardly any wind either. Looking out the window now enjoying a cider still lovely and sunny. Not looking forward to Easter Monday by the looks of it ! 

seems to bring out the knobends! ones that seem thick, uneducated and shouty and not worked a day in their lives, normally of course males

Posted
9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

seems to bring out the knobends! ones that seem thick, uneducated and shouty and not worked a day in their lives, normally of course males

Not sure if you are having a dig, but for your I formation I have a Bsc Hons degree in Social Policy and Politics, two A levels and 8 O levels. I have also worked all my life. I am Male. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Not sure if you are having a dig, but for your I formation I have a Bsc Hons degree in Social Policy and Politics, two A levels and 8 O levels. I have also worked all my life. I am Male. Hope this helps.

It’s not a dig at you, it’s pointer the finger at the dregs of society, who appear on channel 5 shows( can’t pay or we take it away, or the bbc equivalent ‘sheriffs are coming’).

And yes, they tend to sleep in until midday, haven’t worked a day in their lives, or gave up after working just a few hours into a job. 

Still, they always find the energy to drink beer and smoke a pack of 40 in the sunshine, while the rest of us work to pay our taxes.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s not a dig at you, it’s pointer the finger at the dregs of society, who appear on channel 5 shows( can’t pay or we take it away, or the bbc equivalent ‘sheriffs are coming’).

And yes, they tend to sleep in until midday, haven’t worked a day in their lives, or gave up after working just a few hours into a job. 

Still, they always find the energy to drink beer and smoke a pack of 40 in the sunshine, while the rest of us work to pay our taxes.

So why say it directly to me then.  Sorry I'm not part of the clique . Save your personal attacks for when there is an obvious correlation.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Managed to get up to 23c today in my neck of the woods, and just 2 days ago it was forecast to only get up to 17c. These last couple of June-like days have been very impressive for the time of year. This March has been a true example of 'In like a lion out like a lamb' for many of us.

Posted
57 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

what the hell? not anything to do with you, you not been shouting being nasty etc round Stafford

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

what the hell? not anything to do with you, you not been shouting being nasty etc round Stafford

Ok. No worries. Sometimes you get knobheads on these sites. Actually had few good beer sessions round Stafford following the Wolves on way to Stoke away. No probs mate.

Posted
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Ok. No worries. Sometimes you get knobheads on these sites. Actually had few good beer sessions round Stafford following the Wolves on way to Stoke away. No probs mate.

Not on here I wouldn't think! for decent folk like us, non educated adult chavs would never enter a weather forum

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Thundershine said:

23.0°C in Sheffield, nice end to March but a cold April on the way, which will be a reality check, mind you April can often be a very cold month in the UK. The last two were very mild so this might provide a bit of balance.

Can someone tell nature to start balancing January out then please?!  Give us 30-odd cold ones in a row to balance out most of the mild dross we've seen in that month since 1988!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Yes and better than forecast for the Manchester area- was actually sunnier than yesterday overall

I agree, was expecting cloud today but turned out to be warmer than yesterday. 

• Like 1

Posted

I like April, clocks have gone forward, easter often happens, and the longer term prospects of summer on the way, and how different in feel things are compared to last April. 

However, it can be a very topsy turvy month one minute summer, next winter again.. doesn't know where it wants to be.

I find May far more amiable in this respect, yes can bring cold conditions but often fleeting and the sun is nearing its max strength, indeed here it can be sunnier than June, and often along with April our driest month, no summer humidity either.

Best point of year for me, the last week in May, the start of summer... whit bank holiday doesn't get any better in terms of positive feeling and prospect of summer ahead. Love May overall though.

Posted
32 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I like April, clocks have gone forward, easter often happens, and the longer term prospects of summer on the way, and how different in feel things are compared to last April. 

However, it can be a very topsy turvy month one minute summer, next winter again.. doesn't know where it wants to be.

I find May far more amiable in this respect, yes can bring cold conditions but often fleeting and the sun is nearing its max strength, indeed here it can be sunnier than June, and often along with April our driest month, no summer humidity either.

Best point of year for me, the last week in May, the start of summer... whit bank holiday doesn't get any better in terms of positive feeling and prospect of summer ahead. Love May overall though.

I agree about this time of year. A few weeks ago, early March, still feels like a winter hangover even if the days are getting milder. The last week or March and into April, feels like a proper switch to spring. The whole feel of things change and the darker days between late October and early March have faded. 

April is still on the cold side, especially mornings and evenings, but can be pleasant at times. Usually by May, like you said, it’s when things seem more balanced.

The real heat usually arrives, and by late May summer heat and storms are almost a guaranteed, even in most years. It’s also the peak of the year, along with June, in terms of daylight and long sunny evenings, if like 2020 and 2018 with cloudless sunshine. 

It’s also that period before we reach the midway point, and usually not as humid compared to July and august. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree about this time of year. A few weeks ago, early March, still feels like a winter hangover even if the days are getting milder. The last week or March and into April, feels like a proper switch to spring. The whole feel of things change and the darker days between late October and early March have faded. 

April is still on the cold side, especially mornings and evenings, but can be pleasant at times. Usually by May, like you said, it’s when things seem more balanced.

The real heat usually arrives, and by late May summer heat and storms are almost a guaranteed, even in most years. It’s also the peak of the year, along with June, in terms of daylight and long sunny evenings, if like 2020 and 2018 with cloudless sunshine. 

It’s also that period before we reach the midway point, and usually not as humid compared to July and august. 

A high pressure overhead in second half of May is equisite, probably the best conditions we can have at any time in the year, usually brings mid 20s, blue sky, little haze or humidity. I'm not a fan of notable heat, mid 20s does me fine. May 2018 was superb in this respect, bame me a better month.. can't think of one. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Up until 2016, I found it very hard to believe what some people said about May and perfect weather conditions as, bar the odd few, it had always been a hit and miss affair in my lifetime, oddly more so than April and June - but since then, there have been some fantastic spells of weather in May, particularly 2018 and 2020 which just felt so altogether different to the likes of the pre-2016 offerings. This year I'll be hoping for a sunny May, but not high pressure dominated like last year.

As for this April - well, I just can't get excited about the upcoming synoptics now... such a waste. However, if we do actually get lying snow here it will at least have been worth it, and would make it notable that March had no snow and April did - a particularly rare occurrence.

• Like 1