Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Here you go, @Azazel... Rubbish so far, innit!

Edited by General Cluster

Posted

haha thanks guys!

Quite mild today, but looks trending cooler and more unsettled - really hope high pressure re-establishes itself by mid-month.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any warmth again until April however - In recent years, we almost seem to flip from winter straight into summer in April.

2018 - The glorious summer started in April - I remember going to someone's birthday party and we had some elevated storms in the evening (the only storms I saw all summer).

2019 - We had the freakishly mild spell in February but I recall being away in Cardiff for the Easter weekend and it got very warm.

2020 - I have a picture of me having a BBQ in the heat on April 4th last year - so I'm guessing it also switched around the start of April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Worst start to Spring in years, even 2018 was better with the interest of the beast from the east. BS ugly cold north sea garbage and 3-5C rubbish here for the entire first three days of the month. Diabolical.

Posted

Indeed, it might be spring now but we're colder than much of winter was at the moment! Max temps so far:

1st 4.7C
2nd: 4.8C
3rd: 3.8C (so far)

No sight of the sun yet either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Pretty uninspiring start to spring, chilly grey and dull!

That said at least its not constant rain just yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Been a chilly few days here in Prague, with some proper pea-souper fogs. The fog didn’t clear all day today and is back with a vengeance. Very quiet out there. 

Posted

Cold and foggy all week so far but I can’t complain too much. It’s only early March and spring rarely gets going until the equinox.

• Like 1

Posted

If Feb had 31 days we'd still be calling last 3 days winter.. first half of March often a hangover from winter, indeed many a year every bit as cold as what winter had to offer.

Spring rarely settles into groove until the equinox. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Glad everyone else is moaning about the first few days of March too!

We also got way more rain than was forecast here late yesterday. It absolutely threw it down for a good 3 hours when only showers were really forecast. Radar showed a quite organised and intense are of ppn slow moving.

Quite a mundane spell of weather coming up as the PV rebounds after the pasting it took all winter. It probably stops any deep cold becoming an issue, but could also see a period of wetter and windier weather. Hopefully a short lived affair. I'll be looking for the first 21c day now spring is here anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

March so often seems to take people (including me sometimes) by surprise. Meteorologically it's now spring, so we condition ourselves to expect springlike weather... but the early weeks, at least, are really late winter. I think I remember reading that early December is on average milder than early March. The only definite advantage is the now noticeably longer daylight hours.

Another chilly, grey nothing of a day here: barely above 5 °C and only the briefest glimmers of brightness. Yes it's too much to hope for a repeat of last year's spectacular spring weather, but I hope we don't have to wait until April for some more cheerful weather with sunshine and temps well into the teens at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

The current weather conditions certainly isn't unusual for March, let alone early March. Yes it is a little disappointing, but you can't expect the weather to flip straight to warm and sunny conditions as soon as 1st of March arrives; the same with September but in reverse. We'll get there. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Well this high pressure (that we've waited for, for so long) has lingered about like a bad smell. So typical of this climate that it would be stone overcast every single day. 2021 to set a new precedent for dreadful weather? After last year's dullest summer on record at the local official weather station.

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 2

Posted

Funny how hard it is here to get clear cold nights during cold spells these days. Yesterday was clear but too breezy so dawned at +2C while part of Devon & Somerset were -5/-6C. Last night it wasn't too breezy, but has turned cloudy. -5/-6C again a bit further west in Devon though.

Last year for instance we had -4.0C on the 26th March following 12.6C the previous day, and that day then reached 14.7C, the 2nd highest that month. Yet we can barely get colder in a mid winter cold spell.

I expect come May when I'm trying to germinate seeds it will be different and it will magically be clear with any northerlies, so we will get nearly as cold as the Feb easterly got here (only managed -2.2C). 

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Abysmal start to spring so far.. I'm longing for sunny, mild days and my plants are in need of it too! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Other than the chilly feel, I haven’t actually minded the start to this March. It’s so often Atlantic dominated during this period (although that looks set to be the case from midweek) that it’s been nice to get out and about in the semi dry. 

Everywhere will be a mud bath again by the end of next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Not a bad start here, not warm but plenty of blue sky days and a few frosts so far, not complaining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Back to the usual old garbage this coming week , but thankfully it doesn't look to be for very long.  High pressure ,and sunshine does me just fine. After the year we've  all endured , a good Spring ,and Summer would be just the job.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a beautiful, sunny weekend here, it’s back to winter this morning 

897E858C-3182-4DD2-AFAD-E9DCE4D9F6EA.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

After a beautiful, sunny weekend here, it’s back to winter this morning 

897E858C-3182-4DD2-AFAD-E9DCE4D9F6EA.jpeg

At first glance it just looked like you had a very clean terrace and table haha.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

At first glance it just looked like you had a very clean terrace and table haha.

Haha, I’m afraid I’m not that tidy Snow didn’t last long; no trace of it left now, all disappeared within the space of an hour!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I'm ready for spring warmth now. Don't want any more snow or cold days. Bring on the warmth now!

would agree normally, but as I'm in quarantine until 12th April, bring on the wind/rain! warm and sunny can wait until lockdown over