Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021 - thoughts

damianslaw

Posted

There is a signs of spring thread, but no actual thread has been started as far as I can see to discuss thoughts on the weather for the upcoming season, which meterologically speaking is only a week away.

Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts and hopes for the upcoming Spring 2021 season weatherwise.

Last Spring was glorious in the main, late March through until late May, bags of dry sunny warm weather.

Always find Spring the hardest season to predict, it is the one season that tends to see synoptics not associated with the usual atlantic westerly. Jet stream is at its weakest, and for western parts at least it is the driest season of the year. Northerlies and easterlies can and often do fight off the atlantic.

I'm non- the wiser as ever with the upcoming season. More experienced forum members may have some thoughts based on drivers how the season may pan out.

I like Spring to bring a bit of variety, here it doesn't usually get going properly until after the equinox, indeed early-mid March can be very wintry still. April is often a very fickle month, then there is May the best month of the year in my book.

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Drier and slightly warmer than normal would be my best guess as a whole.

A good call I feel. Would be surprised if we had another Spring like last year which was wonderful despite the gloomy feeling pervading everything. Spring increasingly seems to be the dry season in the year.

Posted

At this point its hard to tell, but after a relatively cooler winter compared to last year(2019-2020), i would say we will see a mixed spring. Going for an average March, slightly cooler or cold April, and another warm sunny May, but with more thunderstorms thrown in towards the end of May.

• Like 1

Posted

Spring 2020 was amazing, best I've ever seen. After the dire winter, a dry warm spring was welcome. Did make the first lockdown that bit enjoyable. I'd say Spring 2021 won't beat last year's season but I expect a sunny March, average April and May with a warm spell thrown in. A mixed bag