Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 10/02/21

phil nw.
Message added by Paul,

Please ensure you only post about the model output in this thread. 
For local snow discussion and will it snow posts, please use the regional threads
For more general chat please use the chat, moans and ramps thread.

Posted
57 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES said:

Here i am still searching for one more Winters blast before Spring proper arrives next month! What do the ens say? There is still some hope yet for one last Swan song...where is everyone! I feel like the world as been wiped out and I'm using a low frequency radio signal to reach out to some fellow coldies...my message is...there is still hope and salvation out there....follow the signal....it leads to cold

gens-0-1-288.png

gens-0-0-336.png

gens-2-0-384.png

gens-4-0-372.png

gens-6-0-360.png

gens-12-1-372.png

gens-19-1-324.png

gens-19-0-348.png

and do you think it will also come the Highlands lol

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Icon is probably a fair representation of where the high will be in early March, sunny days and frosty nights, if the high moves 500 miles north it will be a different story though

iconnh-0-180 (29).png

As long as it's dry that's the main thing ☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
32 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Icon is probably a fair representation of where the high will be in early March, sunny days and frosty nights, if the high moves 500 miles north it will be a different story though

iconnh-0-180 (29).png

Commendable work being undertaken by yourself, MW and others to feed the hope!

I'm looking at that picture and wondering yet if, against my own expectations, we can still get a development like March 1867 out of this, when the CET for the month was nearly 4C lower than the very warm February that preceded it (3.1C for March , 6.9C for Feb).

How it evolved from 23rd Feb through to 7th March that year.....

677478496_WinterMarch1867.thumb.jpg.3676c1ac6fcb102228b180aaac78b973.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Gem teasing by day 10 again, will be interesting when we get Ukmo in range of early March soon.

I'm hoping for one last snowy blast, then straight into warm sunny days by March 29th and a heatwave by 12th April for pub gardens

gemnh-0-240 (9).png

Edited by Battleground Snow
  • Like 7

Posted
5 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Gem teasing by day 10 again, will be interesting when we get Ukmo in range of early March soon.

I'm hoping for one last snowy blast, then straight into warm sunny days by March 29th and a heatwave by 12th April for pub gardens

gemnh-0-240 (9).png

// etc etc... 

gfsnh-0-252.png

Edited by Griff
  • Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

I would go along with that, another cold shot in March but then some pleasant outdoor weather for when pub gardens open in April!

• Like 8

Posted
2 minutes ago, Don said:

I would go along with that, another cold shot in March but then some pleasant outdoor weather for when pub gardens open in April!

Yes, I think we can all agree that 12 degrees and rain is boring, and is the weather we get for 6-7 months of the year.

The OP with a powerful northerly blast at the end.

gfsnh-0-384 (3).png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
43 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

gemnh-0-240 (9).png

Your not asking for too much than mate!!

Knowing our luck it will be snowing for the opening of those beer Gardens...and we will all be on radar watch.

Edited by MATTWOLVES
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
54 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

2018 is a good template. I think we hit 28 or 29 degrees around April the 18th, if I remember correctly

I think the switch to warm will be sudden, but I expect it to be earlier this year than 2018, similar situation for the NH, strong SSW, effects now nearly over.  Not so positive for colder spells here, but I expect once the effects of the SSW are finished, a warm settled spell should soon take hold.  Last week in March or first week in April for me.  

On the 12s, i notice the idea of the high migrating north is not completely done away with, the GEM makes a decent fist of it.

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, Battleground Snow said:

That should a raise an eyebrow. Especially the para.

ECH1-216 (11).gif

ECH1-216 (10).gif

Increasingly amplified and seems to be shifting the high to the West... 

• Like 4

Posted

ECM T240:

F98D9598-1651-435E-BFCA-571A90846231.thumb.png.548e14383cec6292351e733df221df56.png

Looks likely that the route from there would be a high moving towards Scandi.  Still some work to do to get the cold to UK even then, but interesting along with GEM and GFS // tonight.

• Like 9

Posted

ECM clusters in the extended T264-T360, well pick the bones out of that:

361AC904-B396-4E9C-BBC1-7C2DC8E1E251.thumb.png.9c686630888498e8d6b4f79ca32c6a4f.png

Well I guess clusters 1, 3, 6 look best for a bonus cold blast in early spring, but the range of options is large on that!

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, MATTWOLVES said:

Your not asking for too much than mate!!

Knowing our luck it will be snowing for the opening of those beer Gardens...and we will all be on radar watch.

Don't get me wrong, snow wouldn't stop me from being in the beer garden!  The problem is, I most likely would be on my own! 

Edited by Don
  • Like 4