Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 10/02/21

phil nw.
Message added by Paul,

Please ensure you only post about the model output in this thread. 
For local snow discussion and will it snow posts, please use the regional threads
For more general chat please use the chat, moans and ramps thread.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Great post Matt, you said this kind of thing could happen weeks ago....  

when all’s said and done..well done mate..it’s about to happen..we have cross model support for an exceptional arctic plunge ( by early April standards )...  !..some may not be happy, but you can’t please all the people all of the time can you?  

Didn't WE JUST!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Here it comes! h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png Make it snappy!

• Like 9

Posted

The downgrades both short term and long term keep coming for cold and snow, looks like a northerly toppler now in comparison to a few days back.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Matt Jones said:

The downgrades both short term and long term keep coming for cold and snow, looks like a northerly toppler now in comparison to a few days back.

Huh? Are you sure you're not watching some early December 2020 run? 12z has a slight west correction and brings also back the reload next weekend. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

Huh? Are you sure you're not watching some early December 2020 run? 12z has a slight west correction and brings also back the reload next weekend. 

Missed the 6Z that must have been worse then, the reload is quickly moved away by the High that then sits over us. Certainly cold for this time of year but struggling to see it as exceptional as it looked a few days back.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Who talking of downgrades, Could it Icon is showing Snowfall for first thing Weds morning.....don't tell 

image.thumb.png.72145b73dbcb93c68dedd5a020460851.pngimage.thumb.png.d3e877f62f9665cf55a031d244207ec1.png

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It really depends where you are in the u k, I can’t see any downgrades for the north, specifically Scotland..now, Scotland is a part of the u k and can’t be ignored..good luck to them with this imminent arctic blast   ❄️ ⛄️..it’s one for the books ooop north!  

I get that but downgrades were always less likely to affect Scotland, yes I think Scotland and northern hills will get some snow.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matt Jones said:

Missed the 6Z that must have been worse then, the reload is quickly moved away by the High that then sits over us. Certainly cold for this time of year but struggling to see it as exceptional as it looked a few days back.

It's still exceptionally cold for April. As it is we're talking about a week or so of way below average temps. 12z even has a minor snow event for Central and North England as part of the Northwesterly after the Arctic blast. 

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

It's still exceptionally cold for April. As it is we're talking about a week or so of way below average temps. 12z even has a minor snow event for Central and North England as part of the Northwesterly after the Arctic blast. 

I suppose it depends on what you define as exceptional, I don't see it as exceptional, just taking my location as probably being 5-6C below it's average for 3 days. Those snow events rarely materialise but can't be ruled out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
3 hours ago, Tim Bland said:

Do many people get excited by low dew points Unless it’s going to snow (which for many it looks like it won’t) I’d rather it warm up now! 10th onwards looks good for temps to recover to 15c + just in time for the pub gardens

296CA555-68E0-4B7B-9FA4-06045382FBC9.jpeg

I do especially if it's a rare occurrence for them to be so low at this time of year 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Nae lads, nayyy! Back when ar were a lud (Cue Dvorak's New World and imagine yourself climbing a really big hill, carrying a loaf of brown bread). When I was younger -- much younger than today-yay -- snowfall in April was almost a given...☹️

Anyway, back to the here-and-now -- how warm is it going to get?

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

• Like 9

Posted

A little shift west of main core of instability on latest ECM as did GFS about 30 miles. I think we should see wintry showers quite widely these rather frequent along North Sea coasts.

4DC05C04-7803-449E-8317-2F125CAAC170.thumb.gif.050569577804f28f1f81f0a455f02f28.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

And, talking of Spring and warm-up, the GEFS 12Z temp ensembles are better:

Bedfordshire:  t850Bedfordshire.png    t2mBedfordshire.png

Aberdeen:        t850Aberdeenshire.png    t2mAberdeenshire.png

• Like 5

Posted

Perhaps the most interesting part of tonight's 12Z ECM OP is no return to milder weather in the next 10 days.

As long as heights remain strong to the west and north west of the British Isles, we remain on the cold side of the tracks with winds from a N'ly quarter.

image.thumb.png.daf6875895290129405ccc9309faee80.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just scanning through the Ecm and Gfs and to be honest a Well below average first half of the month ,for temperatures,  a well below average month for precipitation again first half ............really not good for Growers and gardeners and with some extremely low dew points  the humidity will be ultra low as well in fact we have had some extremely dry air of late I can tell by my nose ..great Hygrometer!!!  A very interesting Spring with some snow surprises too.....!

• Like 5

Posted
29 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

And snowy for some? ❄️    

I wouldn’t call it ‘snowy’ for any highly populated areas of the Uk to be honest ??‍♂️ Perhaps a few flurries and something more substantial for Scottish highlands and snowdonia? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

I wouldn’t call it ‘snowy’ for any highly populated areas of the Uk to be honest ??‍♂️ Perhaps a few flurries and something more substantial for Scottish highlands and snowdonia? 

Damn it, but have to agree with this, the setup is too far east, pressure too high convective activity low, away from North/East

awful days Mon and Tue, dry probably quite dull due to weak cumulus spread and cold wind

• Like 2