Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Signs of Spring 2021

Azazel

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I don't think Daffodils are flowers we have to worry about as they arrive at a time of year when there are frequently frost's. It's more of a problem for the mid to late spring plants which are not as hardy (Tulips for example seem to really hate more than one or two cold nights).

Posted
14 hours ago, CreweCold said:

We'll only see what damage has been done in the next day or two. Penetrating frost causes plant cells to freeze and burst which sees fluids seep out of burst cells when the thaw sets in. 24-48 hours later the plant is effectively dead.

No signs of that at all here, have just walked past the daffs at the end of my road and they look ok.

To be honest although there was a bitter wind in this spell, there weren't any extreme temps around here. Daffodils are pretty well adapted to hard frosts when they are coming out. We didn't go any lower than -5C and only on one night. Most of the nights were in the -1 to -3C range due to the breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Snowdrops are out here now,later than many years of late.I have also noticed in a couple of the wet autumns and winters of late that also makes the bulbed flowers late just as much as a lot of frosty weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Really starting to notice the days getting longer. Still light by nearly 6PM! 

• Like 2