Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There was 30 minutes of sunshine this afternoon and the temp crept up to 15.7°C. Didn't last very long, though.

I haven't even reached 19°C yet this year, extremely poor.

• Like 1

Posted

Some breaks here earlier this afternoon, but since then a 100% cloud, keeping my eye on the imports across the channel, hoping for some more rainfall from these...

Capture.thumb.JPG.5db54c8aeaa37f9a9c12b2e4aebd948c.JPG

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

There was 30 minutes of sunshine this afternoon and the temp crept up to 15.7°C...

Wow you got lucky best we have reached is 12.8°C at: 14:18..was out in Strouden Park and some sunshine for a while, but as the below shows a peak and then hardly anything...

Capture1.thumb.JPG.c5f72bf0e1546d76c439cc46e8237a06.JPG

Posted

Well since the snow never really happened this winter it's time  for storms instead. Not for our neck of the woods though unfortunately but some of our kent and surrounding areas might see a good light show. Let's hope in the months to come we get out fair share as well.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, camturbo said:

Well since the snow never really happened this winter it's time  for storms instead. Let's hope in the months to come we get out fair share as well.

Can it get any worse? A cR@P winter overall, and a really boring April, has taken to us May, whence ...... well let's keep an open mind but the SE still look to have something to sing about..It is what it is, so taking each month/day as it is mother nature RULES...

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Can it get any worse? A cR@P winter overall, and a really boring April, has taken to us May, whence ...... well let's keep an open mind but the SE still look to have something to sing about..It is what it is, so taking each month/day as it is mother nature RULES...

Very true that is,very true!! Bit of drizzle here again. Things are coming alive over the channel,but looking gloomy here 

Posted
7 hours ago, Mapantz said:

There was 30 minutes of sunshine this afternoon and the temp crept up to 15.7°C. Didn't last very long, though.

I haven't even reached 19°C yet this year, extremely poor.

I'm sooo drepressed over the temperatures! It's a god damn awful year! Don't want to live through this again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Somehow I've reached 20°C here once this year and that was back on 30th March when it reached 20.6°C. Hardly been anywhere near that since with 17.2°C being the closest on 1st April. Most days haven't really even been what I'd call pleasant, even today which was supposed to be warmer just about crept up to 14.2°C which I guess isn't too bad compared to lately but it still felt cool.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Good morning, a showery start with a breeze in from the SSW but brightening up now with blue sky above. 10.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Shower on / shower off type weather today. Maypril showers strike again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good afternoon some beefy showers passing here this morning 

20210510_120217-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

The latest shower/monsoon was accompanied by thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Just had a sharp downpour which was accompanied with a few rumbles of thunder, sun back out again now and some impressive cloudscapes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day with blue skies, almost perfect but still feeling a bit on the cool side, especially in the breeze. Reached 14.2°C, currently 12.9°C

Posted

It’s been a beautiful if windy afternoon and evening after a very showery morning, max of 13.9c . Clear overhead  as it’s getting dark but can see the tops of the shower clouds miles to the NW/N.

Looking at the various charts/fax somewhere in our region could get a real soaking Wednesday/Thursday.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

A request.....I have a friend who lives between Chipping Campden and Broadway and is interested to know how much rain fell in the area from the system that went through on Saturday and Sunday.  If anyone can provide a figure for me from that area, I would be very grateful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Max of 14.3°C yesterday afternoon.

Sunny skies this morning with scattered cloud and a light S’ly, 11.9°C