Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold, & sunny & warm

First post for a week as not a lot to say! Rain has been wet, wind has been very windy at times and the temperature has been consistent mild mush the whole week. In short boring and not used friendly at all.

This morning's dog walk was very wet underfoot, bog like at times, mild, rain in the air with a cloud base around 900'.

Current temperature 9c, ugh

Posted

Right on the edge of the rain this morning, so it should clear from here on in.

The French sat image gives me hope for a smidgen of brightness later. ?️

Posted
25 minutes ago, jtay said:

Right on the edge of the rain this morning, so it should clear from here on in.

The French sat image gives me hope for a smidgen of brightness later. ?️

Talking of being on the edge, check my place versus the rain...I reckon if I go down the road it'll be dry...

image.thumb.png.beca49b46ffbf3b761da8b807ab8f989.png

10mins later and

image.thumb.png.f11dbeced36f0c5683af81bd1bd5f799.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Wednesday COULD be the warmest day of the year so far for some of us.

Overnight extended UKV shows temps widely into the low - mid teens;

1994799324_viewimage(4).thumb.png.6b3578fe75536dc323b203e33e1175ee.png

Also supported by the overnight EC ens;

IMG_20210221_110741.thumb.jpg.668921e5d4601c95e5df9d59f4e20a13.jpg

Taking into account the likelihood we can add a couple of degrees into the above forecast temps, for favoured areas, due to topography & local environmental affects, then it's not unreasonable to assume some local values in the region of 16c/17c could be recorded.

Cloud cover will obviously have a part to play too.  Currently looks rather cloudy but that could well change at this stage.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Good afternoon, mostly cloudy and up to 11.4°C after a low of 8.6°C at: 07:08

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Afternoon all,the big yellow thing in the sky is making the odd appearance.....about time.

Currently 12.2°C and dry after 5.6mm of rain earlier 88%RH and a very light easterly wind.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Glenosnow said:

Afternoon all,the big yellow thing in the sky is making the odd appearance.....about time.

Currently 12.2°C and dry after 5.6mm of rain earlier 88%RH and a very light easterly wind.

Well you did better than us, I managed a mere 2.2mm of rain..

• Like 1

Posted

Really thought the brightness might break in to sunshine, but not to be our best today has been 11.5°C at: 14:13, some chances this week of some warmth. Noticing the MOD thread has almost switched off until the summer storms begin to appear... that is apart from the ever hopefuls, of some deep cold in March..I'm not there with that I have to say right now...

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, AWD said:

Wednesday COULD be the warmest day of the year so far for some of us.

Overnight extended UKV shows temps widely into the low - mid teens;

1994799324_viewimage(4).thumb.png.6b3578fe75536dc323b203e33e1175ee.png

Also supported by the overnight EC ens;

IMG_20210221_110741.thumb.jpg.668921e5d4601c95e5df9d59f4e20a13.jpg

Taking into account the likelihood we can add a couple of degrees into the above forecast temps, for favoured areas, due to topography & local environmental affects, then it's not unreasonable to assume some local values in the region of 16c/17c could be recorded.

Cloud cover will obviously have a part to play too.  Currently looks rather cloudy but that could well change at this stage.

Some light relief from the heating bills..

Posted
12 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Really thought the brightness might break in to sunshine, but not to be our best today has been 11.5°C at: 14:13, some chances this week of some warmth. Noticing the MOD thread has almost switched off until the summer storms begin to appear... that is apart from the ever hopefuls, of some deep cold in March..I'm not there with that I have to say right now...

I would personally like some deep cold in March as I haven't had much snow this winter, considering in what has been one of the colder ones of recent years.  However, the chances of deep cold and snow next month are pretty slim now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Some brightness earlier but it’s remained mostly cloudy. Reached 12.7°C, currently 10.8°C

Posted
1 hour ago, Don said:

I would personally like some deep cold in March as I haven't had much snow this winter, considering in what has been one of the colder ones of recent years.  However, the chances of deep cold and snow next month are pretty slim now.

We've had none, BUT time comes and you gotta move on, mother nature doesn't want to play ball this winter, (thanks Global warming!) so SPRING is a must now..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

Really nice weather today tbh ideal for a garden tidy and a dog walk. Maxed at 12.3c

just watched the film ‘Day after tomorrow’ again got me wondering what the reaction would be like on our forum if such a thing happened. 

I guess the Mad thread would be looking for a breakdown at Day 10 on the GFS models

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry and mostly cloudy again but with a lighter breeze making it feel pleasant. Reached 11.3°C, currently 8.3¯C

Posted

Morning All, as noted another wet and overcast start to the day, again with a trickle of rain rather than RAIN, after 0.8 mm  since midnight, annoyance rather than rainfall...temperature wise we are at the overnight minimum of 7.5°C at: 08:07..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning All,

A rather wet start today the rain was heavier than the Met Office app suggested for this location, although it has started to get brighter and the rain seems to have stopped.

Being honest I am looking forward to be a bit of warmth and dryness now, I am not sure if it is my imagination but this winter seems to have been wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

What a difference this afternoon, now its feling like spring with the bright sunshine and mild temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry but still dull at the moment with no view of the clearance further west at the moment. 10.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, Rich_Clements said:

Being honest I am looking forward to be a bit of warmth and dryness now, I am not sure if it is my imagination but this winter seems to have been wet.

It feels like it doesn’t it but actually it’s not been that far off average here at least. There have been a number of rain days but never excessively wet, just regular light to moderate falls.

Today however has been stunning since late morning. Actually sat outside for half an hour and felt lovely and warm in the sun.

• Like 1

Posted

OK so what went wrong with the weather, it's morning, it's sunny, and no rain, there are a few clouds around but nowt special... As noted there's a moderate breeze this morning, in from the SW. Overnight low of 3.7°C at: 00:00, currently 9.1°C, and the beachcam showing choppy conditions this morning.. catching the COTENIN as it departs this morning..

image.thumb.png.eddcd8090845a2b992142deb502b6507.png

Meanwhile Anthem of the Seas still wanders around in the channel, here's the recent track whilst sat in the bay..it may look to be in the same place but clearly it wanders around in the prevailing winds..

image.thumb.png.319de02dbb847228d7f388665ec2b925.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Spring looks like it's sprung (well, for the foreseeable future anyway).

A quick visual of the 0z Ens paint a dry and fairly warm week ahead;

render-gorax-blue-004-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-XxTvnD.thumb.png.f553774218fd6c648bacb4ecbf796aef.png

Some rain around later tomorrow into Thursday, but otherwise we are looking at rather fine and dry conditions for he upcoming week or so.

Still possible for some favoured areas to get into the high teens tomorrow too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sky has a slightly plumey look about it this morning. Sunny again at least.