Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Morning All. a Happy New Yeaar to you all..

For one moment, I thought I'd woken up on another planet in a time warp..it is no longer 2021, the skies are BLUE and the Sun is shining....

I rubbed my eyes to check if I really had been time warped to another time and upon reopening, things became real again..

Stratus, breeze from the SW, AH and rain..and very mild.. he nightmare had returned

BUT for an instance in time, maybe it did just happen!

Capture.thumb.JPG.881622a65746aec9a0191bcf9859f6ae.JPG

PS. A new year, any chance of a new thread, to remove the ghosts of the year past, and hopes renewed for any interesting weather year?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
1 hour ago, kevvo said:

Grey dull and raining. Never seems to change.

Maybe the Weather Gods haven't heard the phrase "New Year resolution" time for a change?

• Like 1

Posted

Decent on the way to Sandbanks earlier. IMG_20220101_094316013.thumb.jpg.ad69f9549ab092404a7c2ae619751cc1.jpg

Kept an eye on the radar and got out the way as this lot arrived.

IMG_20220101_110703757.thumb.jpg.645b7ffc53b1c1983a4992bc6303c53d.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Same start here, Dorsetbred.  Rain came across about half nine, produced one faint rainbow and then the sky went grey.  Promised brighter afternoon has not materialised.

P1060391 (800x717).jpg

Posted
4 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Maybe the Weather Gods haven't heard the phrase "New Year resolution" time for a change?

Ha! The forecasting headaches of late certainly haven't changed...(epitomised below)! 

ps2png-worker-commands-594449f76f-xkd84-6fe5cac1a363ec1525f54343b6cc9fd8-VzjP9S.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Dull, but very mild. The birds, out back in the trees that border our back garden and the school fields, are singing away, as the light fades, as if it's Spring

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Traditional NYD walk done, and boy did it feel like those muggy SWerly days in October and November. In fact this whole period has been much more typical of that time of year. Anyway, at least this coming week we start to see synoptics more akin to December. Perhaps by midmonth, we might actually see something resembling January...? 

• Like 1