Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

The Met Office app is hilarious. For the last 3 days it’s shown mist for first thing this morning. Yesterday evening it changed to fog for this morning.

This morning comes complete with mist and now fog. The app has been showing clear sky, says it’s currently clear sky and then sunny from 8.

• Like 1

Posted

A very misty start to the day has now lifted as the suns burns it away, after an overnight low of 7.3°C at: 04:37 and currently 13.4°C with RH83%

image.thumb.png.6c297c6cd7f92b2488d8d5d6cf9cb81e.png

And the sat image showing things to be relatively clear but the western coasts seems to have a fair amount of sea mist / patchy cloud this morning

image.thumb.png.509182550f084a65d89b86bfdd1901ed.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

A new low here of 6.1c. Weather on repeat. Another sunny day. A few clouds floating on by. Sitting around 19.4 right now was up at 20.7c.

I must admit despite totally loving this weather I am starting to want to see some storms with wind and rain come in! I know I know there is plenty of time for that yet. So i'll hold out til October. Come October the 1st I want a big one! P'nar P'nar!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Surgery in the castle?

Duck doctors in the castle! Sounds like some mystery for the famous five to sort out ...

Posted

I've had to move the Davis rain & solar/uv sensor, whilst I wreck (transform) the garden, removing pergola, getting rid of the greenhouse and replacing it with a poly tunnel, any advice on this sane/insane move welcomed. So the point is (apart from checking my sanity in doing this), the solar sensor, looses the sun around 3pm, due to the damn tree next door which the neighbour wont trim back, the graph below shows what I mean whilst in this temporary position, now I just need to figure out how to reach branches 18 -20ft off the ground overhanging my property!

image.thumb.png.5c0e16183f3dcd2e4ed79414ac3a4c23.png

Another misty night, I wonder, local taf is already suggesting mist..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

For the first time since June it dropped to single figures last night followed by another warm, sunny day. Reached 19.4°C

Posted

Morning All, before I begin

I have a question which I hope being a varied group of people you can help me please.

Every night I am being plagued by a fox in the garden, that comes to the dogs play area is and it decides to c**p there every night and right outside my back door. I have tried everything I can so far, vinegar, ammonia, and FOX spray(a supposed deterrent) all to no avail. Anybody got any advice on how to deter a fox, please message me off this thread to avoid clutter, or next is an electric fence! Appreciate any help, it's getting annoying now...

Apologies I appreciate it's not weather related BUT

This morning feels a tad bit fresher this morning with the breeze and temperatures still to move well in to the mid teens. Anyway the overnight low of 8.3°C at: 02:51has slipped away to the current 12.3°C with RH87% and a 5mph breeze in from the WNW. However we are under blue sky yet again as the beachcam shows...

image.thumb.png.e6fc312293ff6f0e00b486d3d69d3691.png

And the sat image shows the early cloud to the west whilst eastwards a lot clearer and fortunately along the coast looking good at this time 

image.thumb.png.bbcec7ce80040bf7ac807357c874bba8.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
14 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

I've had to move the Davis rain & solar/uv sensor, whilst I wreck (transform) the garden, removing pergola, getting rid of the greenhouse and replacing it with a poly tunnel, any advice on this sane/insane move welcomed. So the point is (apart from checking my sanity in doing this), the solar sensor, looses the sun around 3pm, due to the damn tree next door which the neighbour wont trim back, the graph below shows what I mean whilst in this temporary position, now I just need to figure out how to reach branches 18 -20ft off the ground overhanging my property!

Cherrypicker! LOL. I can relate to the tree troubles! Only for us next doors willow tree was too close to our fence and the roots were pushing our new fence over! It was only about 3 years old. So I wasn't happy. They have had it cut down but it's sprouting out again but they won't cut it back and says that if we don't like it we can go in and cut it ourselves. Which is fair enough but I don't want ot be maintaining someone elsese garden besides our own!! upgrade to a polytunnel!! Wow I am impressed ... Do show us pictures. I dont even have a green house anymore the wind  wrecked mine last year so had to throw. (Was a walk in plastic one) Waiting for garden men to come in and put a harrdstanding patch down for a shed and then I re-evalate the space left and get a greenhouse! As for foxxies i'm clueless sorry! Just keep them away from my chickens! Do you have anything in the garden to attract them? Leaving dog food out? Although i'm sure you've been there done that ...

Cloud fest here today but I don't mind for a change. This helped to keep temps up for school run this morning so instead of 7c it was 14c today. Much nicer to go out in!

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted
14 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Cherrypicker! LOL. I can relate to the tree troubles! Only for us next doors willow tree was too close to our fence and the roots were pushing our new fence over! It was only about 3 years old. So I wasn't happy. They have had it cut down but it's sprouting out again but they won't cut it back and says that if we don't like it we can go in and cut it ourselves. Which is fair enough but I don't want ot be maintaining someone elsese garden besides our own!! upgrade to a polytunnel!! Wow I am impressed ... Do show us pictures. I dont even have a green house anymore the wind  wrecked mine last year so had to throw. (Was a walk in plastic one) Waiting for garden men to come in and put a harrdstanding patch down for a shed and then I re-evalate the space left and get a greenhouse! As for foxxies i'm clueless sorry! Just keep them away from my chickens! Do you have anything in the garden to attract them? Leaving dog food out? Although i'm sure you've been there done that ...

Cloud fest here today but I don't mind for a change. This helped to keep temps up for school run this morning so instead of 7c it was 14c today. Much nicer to go out in!

Hmm, not sure how I'd get a cherry picker  near it but...good idea.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.
15 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Hire a pole saw. 

• Like 1

Posted

Whoa, things started off so sunny this morning and have rapidly gone downhill as Knocker noted with the dying front, a fair degree of cloud..

image.thumb.png.a18a30511af07d3b6d6758fdbff4a793.png

And the temperature as fallen back to 17.6°C 

2 hours ago, mike5900 said:

Hire a pole saw. 

Mike thanks, I have a 4m Wolf tree lopper but the branches are higher than that.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Right in the north of our area its the same as Dorset mentions a lot more clouds  fluffy wuffy's than yesterday although the temps are holding up well I think it is going to be a bit of a shock to the system when autumn temps kick in.

I must confess to looking to Winter now and what we may have in store, if anything.

Posted

After a cool, cloudy, breezy morning the sun has broken through and we now have a mixture of sun and clouds. Feeling warm in the sunnier intervals. Temp up to 19c.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
25 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

Right in the north of our area its the same as Dorset mentions a lot more clouds  fluffy wuffy's than yesterday although the temps are holding up well I think it is going to be a bit of a shock to the system when autumn temps kick in.

I must confess to looking to Winter now and what we may have in store, if anything.

Oh no no Rich! These aren't little fluffy wuffy puffys! LOL! They are big sheet clouds! Little fluffy wuffy puffys are the little ones you get on a summers day that just puff on by lol.   *Gets cloud mug out to find the technical terms*   Anyone else got weather related mugs?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.
40 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Whoa, things started off so sunny this morning and have rapidly gone downhill as Knocker noted with the dying front, a fair degree of cloud..

image.thumb.png.a18a30511af07d3b6d6758fdbff4a793.png

And the temperature as fallen back to 17.6°C 

2 hours ago, mike5900 said:

Hire a pole saw. 

Mike thanks, I have a 4m Wolf tree lopper but the branches are higher than that.

A scaffold tower. 

• Like 2