Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
24 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Just noticed it to my NW in the distance.

Edit: In fact, just behind our garden; it's crept v close in last 10 mins

Shows up nicely on the Satellite image

image.thumb.png.424f63adc29e2e76a5c94fd6bdf9ab97.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Doesnt seem to be making any progress to here though; obs prefers SE Wales

Yep I'm in Thornbury and nothing here. Oh well potential for some cracking storms later in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Oh my!!  Met office have issued an amber warning for extreme heat.

• Like 1

Posted
On 17/07/2021 at 18:25, Dorsetbred said:

Making the most of the sunshine from the beachcam...

image.thumb.png.63648c913abce312013d9952b0348239.png

Question: Is it as convenient to take the BCP parking fine, for a day's parking at a convenient spot when going to the beach. THink about it... You park where you want in a convenient location of your choice, you don't pay the exorbitant car parking fees, and you have an a convenient walk back to the car at the end of the day...I wonder! OK so you have a fine to pay, but think of the covenience AND the fact you would have paid part of the fine in parking fees..

So BCP made oodles of cash from the heat...

image.thumb.png.d85508689fabf14150fad27cb52336cb.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 hours ago, nettie said:

Oh my!!  Met office have issued an amber warning for extreme heat.

Not good, average temp in this room today has been 33c, 34c at a max, so oppressive! I like very warn weather even hot but not for this amount of time! Honestly can't wait for some fresher air to come along! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

So close but NO prize....29.7°C at: 13:35...

29.9°C at 16:10

I had a look in the data file, and the Davis actually reported 29.944... so close!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi smartie,   must admit I have never liked it to hot  .  Now the tablets I'm on means I can't go out in the sun for too long if I do I have to be completely covered up, which in this heat isn't much fun .  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, nettie said:

Hi smartie,   must admit I have never liked it to hot  .  Now the tablets I'm on means I can't go out in the sun for too long if I do I have to be completely covered up, which in this heat isn't much fun .  

Hi nettie!

Have you still got an aquarium running?

Posted

Hi Mapantz,  unfortunately  we had a few technical issues a while back.    so we are in the process of starting fresh. 

I do miss watching the tank full of life not much fun watching an empty one. 

• Like 1

Posted

How can peoples rooms get to 33 to 34c when it’s less than that outside? One way to mitigate that would be to open doors and windows (if you can) before the sun gets up.

As an example our lounge was 25c at 6am. We opened the patio doors and by 8.30 it was 22c in the lounge ready to rise again. Curtains shut from mid morning, doors open when we were at home, max lounge temperature around 28c compared to 30c outside.

I realise everyone’s situation is different.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
19 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

How can peoples rooms get to 33 to 34c when it’s less than that outside? One way to mitigate that would be to open doors and windows (if you can) before the sun gets up.

As an example our lounge was 25c at 6am. We opened the patio doors and by 8.30 it was 22c in the lounge ready to rise again. Curtains shut from mid morning, doors open when we were at home, max lounge temperature around 28c compared to 30c outside.

I realise everyone’s situation is different.

Well that's easy to answer, electronic gear that gives off heat, quite surprised how warm the tv is to the touch, router is running around 60c, yamaha av amp gets warm when running, laptop too when it's in use plus this is an upstairs room so heats rising from downstairs. Got three temperature monitors in the room, readings right now as of 22:20 one reading 31c, other two 32c & by dawn with all windows wide open it only drops to around 27c.. 

I'm also careful with opening doors & windows during the day as I have a budgie & don't believe in keeping birds locked in a cage all day but in this heat I'm beginning to crack lol. Might close him in for a few hours to open them but if you think about opening doors & windows during the day is just letting the hot air in from outside, that's why I leave them open overnight instead. 

Posted

Morning All, clear blue skies to start the day off, after an overnight low of 13.9°C at: 05:36 (slightly down on yesterday) currently 16.8°C and RH90% with a 1.1mph "breeze" in from the east..

The morning satellite pass shows how clear the skies are over the UK this morning..

image.thumb.png.737e5a609e1311e877a2c0ca71a6703f.png

Whilst the early birds pick their place on the beach...

image.thumb.png.5daac3bdbee91cdc85e95a41d78d19d4.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Meanwhile GFS is going for this little slow moving puppy for Friday in to Saturday, some welcomed rainfall I hope the garden is looking a tad wilted....

image.thumb.png.d222a19e04e61a1a19030d0e0691a790.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

How typical to have day after day of sunshine and then the day I have a BBQ outside planned, rain is forecast...! That would really give this month’s rating a nosedive

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, MP-R said:

How typical to have day after day of sunshine and then the day I have a BBQ outside planned, rain is forecast...! That would really give this month’s rating a nosedive

Is that Saturday? First official day of the school holidays round here and for the first time ever we’re hosting several 4/5 year olds for my boy’s birthday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

I'm guessing those echos on met office radar near us must be flying ants.

Seagulls were going nuts last night at football over at Saltash.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny. 23c Humidity 69% Rh. Pressure 1021 hPa.

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Is that Saturday? First official day of the school holidays round here and for the first time ever we’re hosting several 4/5 year olds for my boy’s birthday!

Yes that would be the one

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

30C here in Taunton , looking at the netweather radar it seems to be picking up rain near Exeter way , I thought though that storms and rain etc were strictly for the SE . 

Or has the radar had a bit too much heat and and malfunctioning? Lol .

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

I have an outdoor party planned for Sunday for Sophie's birthday!