Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms
42 minutes ago, Wynn D Woo said:

Well the washing is drying a treat in the sun and steady breeze, silver linings and all that

Love the smell of line dried washing☺️

4 minutes ago, Frosty1 said:

I’ve been under a streamer virtually all morning from 7am here. Mostly light with a few heavier bursts but hardly any accumulation and what has is melting ☹️

It’s frustrating isn’t it. The skies have gone much darker here now but I’m watching it break up over the hills on the radar. More frustratingly is I have to go to work in a min so can’t enjoy it if it does! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Something resembling a heavier, streamer flurry forming to our east.

IF, massive IF, it keeps its intensity, might provide a sugar dusting for Bath/Swindon/Bristol corridor.

IMG_20210209_125301.thumb.jpg.8cb2c9c000a71814506e4dae80e48ca5.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, it's been snowing here on and off all morning, what managed to get below the fence line before being blown who knows where has settled well. Accumulation so far after hours of teeny flakes....2mm.  Looked at the radar, seems to be promising more but reality on the ground here is if it wasn't so cold it would be a drizzly day. 

Easterly's are always a bit of a let down here, the cold promises so much but reality is not a lot makes it all the way across from the North Sea and unless we get lucky with a rare channel low that doesn't bugger off to France, we're stuck in cold no mans land. It's been about what I was expecting from this week. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Snowing here, between snow grains & proper small flakes. 

Yes, tiny tiny flakes here as well.

Thick ice on all the bird baths this morning, didn't feel as cold as yesterday morning as the wind wasn't as strong.

Posted

I'm not sure I can class what we saw in Southampton overnight as 'snow'. I notice the local Daily Echo has a live blog on it, which I found a bit insane.

Struggling to see anything this week for us, just looking for the breakdown and how this pans out. 

Still of the view we will remain in colder air until next week - this is just my hunch though. Only downside of that is it will be bone dry.

It's been a really odd cold spell so far,  impact very, very localised to the eastern extremities. Temps down into minus figures, overcast and grey for the rest of us meaning absolutely no moisture. No frost, no ice, nothing. Just horrible grey cold rubbish.

Still, there's a long way to go. I remember some memorable march events down in these parts.

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, jy said:

A birthday downer,snow In lots of places but no reports from the Cheesepuff,Singularity or Jtay weather centres tell their own sorry tale light dusting,few flakes,might try Godshill wind seems SE to me

Happy Birthday jy. You share a Birthday with our pal's lad. They're in Christchurch and even he had a b'day dusting this morning.

He's only 4 though, so easily impressed.

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, AWD said:

IF, massive IF, it keeps its intensity, might provide a sugar dusting for Bath/Swindon/Bristol corridor.

IMG_20210209_125301.thumb.jpg.8cb2c9c000a71814506e4dae80e48ca5.jpg

So frustrating how close that is to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Wish the onshore wind would pick up a notch or two from the SW, blow that big blob up over us all. All that snow sitting off the coast of Cornwall just going to waste. Wonder if any snow starved Cornish men think 'sod it' and set sail when they see radar pics like that, reckon they'd get quite a covering on their boat if they did. There's a fair chance I'd be off in a pedalo if I saw it.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowboy111 said:

Praying the front over France heads north enough to hit us in Guernsey 

E0C368BA-9CA2-4B48-B132-F89F920CAC65.png

2 hours ago, AWD said:

Surprised we aren't hearing from our Southern Cornish members more.

Quite a rash of snow showers over Redruth/Camborne/Penzance etc.

Looking at web cams around the Lizard, looks like sleet/rain rather than snow, so probably little to report.  Higher inland areas may be doing a little better?

Likewise in France, Clearly showing snow on web cams around the coast such as Roscoff, but no evidence of any of it settling and Morlaix (a few K's inland) only has the the lightest of dustings.  So while looking good on the radar, that front is not really delivering anything significant at the mo.

Edit.

Just to add, lightest of snizzle on and off in Exeter this morning. 

Edited by swebby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !
31 minutes ago, AWD said:

That has produced quite a heavy period of dry snow here which rapidly covered the drive. Shows what could happen if you get stuck under one for a longer period of time. Unfortunately it's back to just the lighter stuff now....PXL_20210209_125605643.thumb.jpg.97b81a5bcccb275733a125019dacada3.jpg

Edited by wiltshire weather
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Snizzle alert for Bristol/Bath/Swindon corridor. 

Screenshot_2021-02-09-13-30-29-01.thumb.jpg.7b7bbe872f2982bfd7f8f294376881ef.jpg

Take care out there in these conditions.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Apart from those flakes of snow I captured on the webcam early this morning, no dusting here. Something I did notice when I popped out for a smoke during that episode, it was melting as soon as it hit the surface. The concrete was wet, it was only the soil which retained a few snow grains.

Currently 0.6°C and breezy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A very small amount of "snizzle" in Exeter this morning on the northern flank of the Channel snow streamer, so I can't claim that I haven't seen anything, but it was so light that it didn't even wet the ground, let alone accumulate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Looks like the one descent chance we had of more substantial snow on Thursday has now evaporated!

The BFTE delivered in 2018 down here and that was in March, but this time around it fails to produce anything of note, very disappointing...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Had a light dusting here this morning which quickly melted despite the temperature barely making it above freezing all day so far. Cloudy and breezy now. 0.2°C

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, AWD said:

To be fair mate, there's not much else to do currently.

Whilst it might not be delivering for many of us, it nevertheless is a welcome distraction away from the crap that is dominating many of our lives currently.  

This thread has been a relaxing, friendly, happy, buzzing place over the last few days.  Regardless of what the weather god's actually deliver, I've enjoyed the chase if nothing else.

Aaaaah!! How Shweeeet of you! And we love you too Mwah Mwaah Mwaaah!!! A little ott??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Radar is a bit glitchy, this was one frame back with precip type ‘on’. Wouldn’t that be good! 
C7F7C6CD-49AC-47BC-A995-A911C9916B8D.thumb.png.726a358b0dc8229196e19011f39714f1.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sun’s out now. -0.1°C

Posted
1 hour ago, Barney2201 said:

Newbie here...

Based in Guernsey and looking closely at the band pushing towards us, will it turn south to France before it makes it......

Welcome!!! You beat the IOW by being the most Southest yet lol! If I was you I would follow French weather? Or do they not cover you?

Posted
1 hour ago, Super_Uwe said:

For the record, Kingsbridge did indeed have snow.

Can of tinned peaches for all important context 

20210209_122436.jpg

He is positively adoreable!!