Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

0.3mm here and still raining. Me not happy was meant to be sunny today!! Still I managed to get the chickes done when it was only spitting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy all day with drizzle during the morning and a very brief sunnier period later in the afternoon. Reached 18.1°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sunshine at last! Beautiful start to the day.

• Like 1

Posted

A layer of St starts the day, with the occasinal break , after an overnight low of 11.4°C at: 07:13 currently 13.8°C with a RH97% with 2mph SW light breeze.

Sat image shows the clear western areas and us poor souls still covered in cloud

image.thumb.png.c2d744f5d05f91c2549be5b73f7bb4e7.png

With the local taf reporting:

Few clouds at a height of 500 ft
Scattered clouds at a height of 900 ft

Meanwhile some thinning of the St layer suggests some Sc beyond

image.thumb.png.ced58ef5d13e93611818283c6e30e3cc.png

Posted
5 hours ago, knocker said:

Since my earlier post a sheet of Sc drifted across and is now breaking up

I read that as sleet then! LOL!

Posted
4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I read that as sleet then! LOL!

Well, you are so far North it COULD be sleet..meanwhile we sunbathe and drink Latte Coffee sur la plage...

image.thumb.png.704d838b2e4982a25612f05fed4ddc03.png

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Well, you are so far North it COULD be sleet..meanwhile we sunbathe and drink Latte Coffee sur la plage...

image.thumb.png.704d838b2e4982a25612f05fed4ddc03.png

I love your photos they make me feel happy. The sea is my happy place. The sky looks similar here and up at 22.2c. Need to have a shower, get dressed and then get out in the garden for the last nice day of the year.

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I love your photos they make me feel happy. The sea is my happy place. The sky looks similar here and up at 22.2c. Need to have a shower, get dressed and then get out in the garden for the last nice day of the year.

Why bother getting dressed, enjoy the last warm sunny day of the season .....alasti.....in the garden with the chickens..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny and reasonably warm up until it clouded over later in the afternoon. Reached 19.1°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
On 24/09/2021 at 22:37, Andy Bown said:

Lovely balmy evening for the outdoor cinema at Longleat, still above 17c after 22.00! 

@offerman if you have seen strange lights last night, this evening and the next few evenings they have laser beams rotating around.

Yes, I have seen those before over there and here too, so just bog standard stuff really, nothing for me to be confusing the Longleat events stuff to the most bizarre flying objects that I have seen previously on numerous occasions. 

Also, it was me who was being rational ( and proving) when the media and some locals who were obsessing that the two stunt/ pyrotechnic planes flying around were UFOs when clearly they weren’t even though I could prove and provide footage that they weren’t UFOs.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Well that was a wet and windy night compared to what  we have been used to over the last few months. Looking fairly calm and brightening up now the rain band has passed over. Maybe in for some heavy showers later according to the radar.

Posted

Morning All, well that was Autumn heralding a new season last night, with some gusty breeze and at last some measureable rainfall..

image.thumb.png.84acd137a159cf124fd4f5246fab0684.png

Rainfall amount here was 10.6mm, I was concerned that the spiders had taken roost, and the gauge wouldn't read, but having moved the sensor recently, maybe I dislodged them!

Beach is empty this morning, whilst we have blue sky before the possible onset of the Inbound showers

image.thumb.png.e66ae3800dc941f188dfa87df950839d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning all,

As others have said plenty of rain overnight and its now feeling a lot cooler than I am used to   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
On 27/09/2021 at 09:49, Dorsetbred said:

Morning All, well that was Autumn heralding a new season last night, with some gusty breeze and at last some measureable rainfall..

image.thumb.png.84acd137a159cf124fd4f5246fab0684.png

Rainfall amount here was 10.6mm, I was concerned that the spiders had taken roost, and the gauge wouldn't read, but having moved the sensor recently, maybe I dislodged them!

Beach is empty this morning, whilst we have blue sky before the possible onset of the Inbound showers

image.thumb.png.e66ae3800dc941f188dfa87df950839d.png

I do enjoy your morning Beach photos

• Like 1