Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Morning All, after a clear night the overnight low of 10.7°C at: 01:33 has climbed steadily to the current temperature 16.0°C  with RH97%. The sat image this morning shows the thicker cloud associated with patchy rain to the west of the region

Capture.thumb.JPG.3bbc6c300ade37d82d5625c0acaddf7b.JPG

And the beach looking quiet with the sea mist still to lift

Capture.thumb.JPG.11922440f322e571ff59ed4585aecef1.JPG

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

A clearing of the cloud has resulted in a pleasant day in the garden.

image.thumb.png.e841b74370da33487a78d5dc6c0e4823.png

Currently 21.1°C just under the daily maimum, but really nice out there, do enjoy this time of year..

Posted

Beautiful sunny warm cloudless day here, 23.3°C albeit slightly overegged as usual in  these conditions due to screen heating. The Met Office forecast amuses me, <5% chance of precipitation all day it says yet there's a yellow severe weather warning in force here for rain today. No wonder your average punter using phone apps is confused. I do think a way should be found to be more nuanced about these things near the boundaries of warning areas.

Edited by DaveL

Posted

A crackin' day in the garden, nice warm sunshine , minus a breese (which would have made it perfek)..

So a maximum of 21.6°C at: 12:50, currently 20.8°C....bring it on...lovin it..

Capture.thumb.JPG.2e6053f4cac41e54717cc2f12ced1ba8.JPG

And the cloud (and rain) is very much still to the west of the region

Capture.thumb.JPG.77bf106949b5ede3b32a6915b37083f2.JPG

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, knocker said:

Finally a clearance  of sorts. Mainly Sc now with some Cu out west and some sunshiine

Ah, you've missed a great day (at least from our perspective weather wise)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sunny this morning, clouded over at lunchtime and we’ve had a decent heavy downpour in the last half hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Brilliant day today for tidying up my vegetable garden, quite a few ladybird s about ,saw a couple of young slow worms tucked up under a pile of rhubarb leaves ,there were several large adults about back in early summer ,nice to see .I did do a runner when mid afternoon a sudden cloud burst of atleast 4 spots sent me running for cover , theres more spots on the ladybird s around here , cheers gang .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Managed 23.9°C today.

Just been for a bike ride down to Arne, nice and foggy out there. New bike light makes mincemeat out of the darkness, puts car headlights to shame! ?‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Posted

Glorious! It was perfect in every way. 24.5c but didn't feel that hot. So nice and warm for cleaning out the chickens and starting tidy the garden for winter prep. Lots of washing stuff and leaving it to dry in the sun, and putting dry bags away for winter. Aaah! Luv eet! Shame that's it until next year but all good things must come to an end. Onward to the frosts! ... Or more Autumn until May

Posted

It rained! JUST, a meagre 0.2mm and now all signs of that have dried up, looking like this month is going to break minimal rain figures at this rate quite easily..

Overnight low of 12.6°C at: 07:35 now up to 13.6°C with RH90%, with a 2mph breeze in from the NW.

As reported by the airport

Few clouds at a height of 2200 ft
Scattered clouds at a height of 4000 ft

However blue patches are appearing now as the Sc is thinning which shows nicely on the satellite image AND beachcam right now

image.thumb.png.5441c34784679fa9ab5a7ba3ddfd193f.png

image.thumb.png.011b666eb04d9a460d1c5a9799040bec.png

It'll be watering the garden exercise again later today as any decent rainfall seems a long way away right now, looking at the ECMWF HRES going forward it's over a week away before decent rain COULD happen.

image.thumb.png.8cee202288e5c771debb2cc434fffae6.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Rain during the early hours but again only 2mm.

Bright again this morning ahead of the next cloudband.

Posted

Just crawled up to 21.1c. So lucky to still be having these temps. It took its time though lol! Sun and some cloud so looks like I need to get out and start tidying the garden of the kids toys and things ready for winter.

Posted

Nice, I was just about to get the eelctric saw out to a tree trunk and THEN... down it came..

So I just stood there, lovin it..

Moving my WS as the neighbours tree is growing so large it is shadowing my station. So I might need to adjust things for a while until I move it again. Meanwhile I've ordered a WOLF tree cuttter so I can get up to almost 5m and cut his cr*p branches off that over hang my garden as he seems reluctant to do b*gr all and just lets it grow. The other neighbour has branches 10ft plus overhanging their garden...NOT ME..

image.thumb.png.12bdaf5a179b640652e6c975a957a936.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Hah  alls good with the move, I need to check it as the shorther days come in, as the sun is shielded by the house, so it's a balance getting the temperature sensor at the right height AND ensuring you get enough sun to power the unit...we shall see. Meantime back to the garden reshuffle..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

A nice drop of rain earlier, I had to stop the power tools, but once concluded , a restart.

Meanwhile  the peak today was 19.4°C at: 13:59, now currently 15.6°C with RH78% and 0.6 mm (0.02 in.) at 15:11, yes.... lovin it..

Sat image shows shows no precip to the west..

Capture.thumb.JPG.6d05ad26aa3e86ffd9ecb167a52200e6.JPG

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

After a lovely day this is the sunset tonight.

20210919_191227.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A bit of rain early this morning but otherwise a dry day. Sunny for a time before clouding over again later. Reached 20.3°C

• Like 1