Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Afternoon All, with temperature just hovering above single digits last night at 10.3°C at: 02:07, currently 17.4°C with RH80% and a 13mph breeze in from the SE. Some sunny spells but in the main it's patchy cloud

image.thumb.png.1b1b20fb41ae5a47bc05688f3c43518d.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Oh lord this weather! The cloud is so thick, it's so dark. Feel like I need a light on in here! I'm not ready for lights on indoors yet! Not had any summer!! De-pres-sin'!

Posted
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What date do the winter people arrive? I'm bored of Autumn ... As it everyone it would appear!

Oh I would think as soon as people begin reading the Strat & Polar Vortex thread (which is currently in throat slitting mode)

OR

take time to read,

polar-vortex-returns-north-hemisphere-wi
WWW.SEVERE-WEATHER.EU

Polar Vortex returns for Winter 2021/2022, together with a strong easterly wind anomaly high above the Equator, impacting the Winter season

OR

have read the "Have you turned your heating on yet thread.."

Damn, now I've gone and done it, the winter crew will soon be along now.. 

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Right, I've just put out all my water receptacles in readiness for any rain, that should see it off

Mind you tiz a bit cloudy now..what's this ..white horses, not seen those  for a while

image.thumb.png.85483374a27b32a5d02ca2d0e6d8f25b.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Yet another thunderstorm yellow warning for all day tomorrow here. I doubt though that anything will materialise. That is around 28 warnings  this year that haven't come to fruition. 

Posted
42 minutes ago, offerman said:

Yet another thunderstorm yellow warning for all day tomorrow here. I doubt though that anything will materialise. That is around 28 warnings  this year that haven't come to fruition. 

I'm not aware of any thunderstorm warnings for tomorrow

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2021-09-14&id=a26ed67e-c074-4513-88d3-374e591101a0

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

CBA275C1-A9E4-401D-B45E-7B41BFA4316B.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

13CC0B81-F3FD-4113-ACAD-CE304B36A5C7.thumb.png.3af17a59cc6deec4cf655ac0da6e36e4.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy all day with the odd sunny spell, didn't feel that warm despite creeping up to 20.2°C.

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

That's a forecast from Meteogroup I think, quite different to a warning from the Met Office. 

Thank you Paul. 

Why are they all very different ?  Which would you say is the more reliable out of METOFFICE v METEOGROUP

Thanks 

Posted
44 minutes ago, knocker said:

Stratus now cleared with plenty of blue sky

Enjoy! Some torrential downpours in this part of the region (not overhead yet but expecting it by school walk time!) and very misty too.

Posted

I knew it, placing all the buckets out yesterday would "kill" off the rain, a meagre 1.8mm of rain in total.

The overnight low of 12.9°C at: 03:23 has clawed it's way up to 13.6°C under complete St cover and no breeze at all..

Scattered clouds at a height of 400 ft
Broken clouds at a height of 600 ft

The sat image this morning shows one final pulse of rain to our west but given the NE movement of the feature it wont add to the rainfall total

image.thumb.png.08875ac4c2928dcb3f252316afeae4a5.png

image.thumb.png.db6f330a48135b78f453af254cf8d4a7.png

Looking grey and gloomy..

image.thumb.png.866ae26feb229248cfd2a908604fe821.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning All,

Well we had some rain last night, fell asleep to the sound of it with the window open.

Seems to have stopped at the moment, seems a little cooler than of late.

"Oh I would think as soon as people begin reading the Strat & Polar Vortex thread (which is currently in throat slitting mode)"

I have to confess to taking a peak in there the past couple of weeks, and came back out again 

Edited by Rich_Clements
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Overcast and damp. Just 1.2mm of rain.

Can someone please explain why the Met office have added places further South (inc me) to the rain warning? It makes absolutely no sense!

Posted
35 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Overcast and damp. Just 1.2mm of rain.

Can someone please explain why the Met office have added places further South (inc me) to the rain warning? It makes absolutely no sense!

Nope, I certainly can't. Their yellow warning says:

"Reason for update

Warning area pulled southeastwards (removed from parts of northern and western England but extended to more of the south and southeast). Suggested impacts reduced to reflect the lower rainfall amounts , which are now expected. Clearance time brought forward."

Not sure I really understand how 2mm of rain requires a new yellow warning especially as it had already passed us WAY before the update was issued.

Another credibility black mark..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1