Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
26 minutes ago, offerman said:

Turned out to be fairly turbulent skies this afternoon so far, another funnel cloud , this time not over Frome but Longleat again. That’s three I have seen this summer over there from here. 

11905F88-3ACE-4B4F-B482-E40DD0BDC701.jpeg

A877E899-53FC-4153-B2A5-BC757D03B42D.jpeg

5DC30D7B-A027-4DC4-A6B4-41060C64C8CC.png

2FD12C22-DB68-4E62-B3B6-720B77089884.jpeg

Offerman we saw that as we were driving up out of Longleat! The downpour was ridiculous down by the house etc then we got halfway up the hill and it stopped like turning off a tap! 

I am so grateful it was a fine day until 15.00!

• Like 1

Posted
On 02/08/2021 at 11:26, Jo Farrow said:

Bizarre radar signal today, almost didn't look real but reports now from Isle of Wight of flooded roads. Wider Yellow warning from MO now. 

0802IOWts.png

On 02/08/2021 at 15:12, offerman said:

I noticed on the radar earlier as well that the starting point seemed to be right on the tip on the southernmost point of Isle of Wight. When I playback the sequences it was like a feed directly from that point , this would then stream over towards the east. 
I was scratching my head thinking how can it just develop in one little spot and then feed all the way across. 

61038BE7-8B0F-4710-B289-590CC8D5BC60.png

Local topography around Ventnor must be to blame here. Perfectly aligned convergence zone must've set up here during this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Offerman we saw that as we were driving up out of Longleat! The downpour was ridiculous down by the house etc then we got halfway up the hill and it stopped like turning off a tap! 

I am so grateful it was a fine day until 15.00!

Hi Andy,  wow I was wondering if you were watching it from Warminster let alone actually been pretty much underneath that  actually at Longleat. 

1 hour ago, Dean E said:

Local topography around Ventnor must be to blame here. Perfectly aligned convergence zone must've set up here during this morning.

thanks Dean I wondered how that would’ve set up. 

48 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Thunder and lightning in abundance here at mo, right over head. Torrential rain as well.

please send some of that over here would love to see some more lightning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
On 02/08/2021 at 11:26, Jo Farrow said:

Bizarre radar signal today, almost didn't look real but reports now from Isle of Wight of flooded roads. Wider Yellow warning from MO now. 

0802IOWts.png

Yeah, hearing lots of reports of the flooding and even landslide issues over the other side of the island. Lots of videos and images on social media. Island Visions Photography caught an epic photo of a downburst from the heart of the cell as it pulled out into the Channel. The image is on their Facebook if anyone's interested.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

While Bristol has just been drenched, it’s been completely dry in this corner of North Somerset, although could see the black sky not far away!

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, MP-R said:

While Bristol has just been drenched, it’s been completely dry in this corner of North Somerset, although could see the black sky not far away!

Still raining here, but thunder and lightening have long gone. Can see the bright sky to my south west, and it's been bright that way for last couple of hours.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning All, some channel mist this morning still showing on the beachcam, after an overnight low of 8.0°C at: 06:06 currently 11.9°C  with RH95%

image.thumb.png.fca2582bc25a36d9a2ecaa4ac50a2056.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely sunny day here with cumulus clouds floating around. Nudging 22 degrees.

Posted
23 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Lovely sunny day here with cumulus clouds floating around. Nudging 22 degrees.

Cloudy, few spots of rain and 16.9°C

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Today is nae bad n' all that malarky. More sun than i've seen of late despite the cloud too. And rocking in at 21.2c earlier. More cloud now so 19.9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Wasn't that warm here with quite a cool breeze although wasn't too bad when sheltered. Certainly didn't feel like August. Reached 19.7°C, currently 16.1°C

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a chilly night with a low of 9.4°C at: 02:11 currently 10.9°C  with RH95% and a St cover complete with a few gaps out over the channel

Capture.thumb.JPG.4ee8ddd18a2a13e23cd00f5863dc5389.JPG

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
On 03/08/2021 at 09:40, Dorsetbred said:

Zooming in on yesterdays posted IOW storm image, it looks like a waterspout was also embedded in there...

image.thumb.png.3f6ba7baede15ead753d0146455e46b5.png

I was driving back from Milford on Sea last Saturday and there was actually 3 I saw on the way home all in close proximity to each other! Was very impressive! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

At least it was fairly sunny today but again it felt quite cool in the breeze for most of the day. It did briefly reach 20.9°C which is the warmest day for a while but that's quite misleading considering how it felt. Also noticing how cool the evenings are at the moment. I think we've had 2 or 3 nice warm evenings all spring/summer here. Currently 16.3°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

Today’s 21.4c maximum is the first time it’s got above 20c for 8 days!

Two dry days in a row too!

Turning my attention to the Dorset weather and primarily the Wimborne/Corfe/Poole areas for Saturday onwards! 

Saturday looks terrible, Sunday/Monday shower risk, better for a few days midweek?

@Mapantz @Dorsetbred

Posted
10 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Today’s 21.4c maximum is the first time it’s got above 20c for 8 days!

Two dry days in a row too!

Turning my attention to the Dorset weather and primarily the Wimborne/Corfe/Poole areas for Saturday onwards! 

Saturday looks terrible, Sunday/Monday shower risk, better for a few days midweek?

@Mapantz @Dorsetbred

Andy, welcome to our domain, always welcome a fellow NW forum member to the area. As noted unfortunately the weather isn't looking brilliant by any means, however look at it this way...

image.thumb.png.38b7d6bf459b243f42b0cf840b0df4e0.png

In the rain, the beach will be this empty so you can enjoy the spaciousness of it all!

• Like 2