Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Burning off now, brightening up quickly

Posted

67388104_Screenshot_20210616-124348_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7cfbe3e2cbb106b7bc3bc13ea0ae672c.jpg

Looking at the cloud direction of travel at the moment on windy. com looks to be much more NNE than NE. If that remained the same I'd be quite happy with that for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Potential??

0E76EA9A-4900-4A7F-AB18-77BE5443CD42.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Completely cloudy now after sunny intervals. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny so far but turning increasingly hazy, feels very warm in the sun even thought the temperature isn't that high. 20.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, fromey said:

Potential??

0E76EA9A-4900-4A7F-AB18-77BE5443CD42.jpeg

Hi Fromey 

I was looking at that one as well.

Posted

Still keeping an eye on that direction of flow. Still looks far more NNE to me especially on current latter frames on windy .com.

I recon IOW area could do okay out of this. Going to get very interesting later!

I'm not convinced the storms are going to go as far East as being shown. Soon find out.

Edited by Dan Clow

Posted
33 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

Still keeping an eye on that direction of flow. Still looks far more NNE to me especially on current latter frames on windy .com.

I recon IOW area could do okay out of this. Going to get very interesting later!

I'm not convinced the storms are going to go as far East as being shown. Soon find out.

Looks like Brighton is in the crosshair...

image.thumb.png.7bdb25b6234106c42ce54b5d9eb49163.png

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Looks like Brighton is in the crosshair...

image.thumb.png.7bdb25b6234106c42ce54b5d9eb49163.png

That's okay they can have the starters we're have the main course later tonight early hours

Posted
42 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

Probaly correct vis IOW......the precise movement of the cold front is importand...........the 700mb wind field for midnight

ecmwf-deterministic-eur-z700_speed-3888000.thumb.png.11c2aaedddd3ed272c0f1b2c0e11b4a2.png

Posted
12 minutes ago, knocker said:

Probaly correct vis IOW......the precise movement of the cold front is importand...........the 700mb wind field for midnight

ecmwf-deterministic-eur-z700_speed-3888000.thumb.png.11c2aaedddd3ed272c0f1b2c0e11b4a2.png

Loving the look of that! 

Posted

An hour ago it was 21.1c, since then under full cloud cover (from 18.15-19.15)  the temperature has risen to 23.4c!!! 

Posted

Decided not to head to the beach with the drone, just don't think it's with waiting around for now. Just feels to cool. Had few spots of rain earlier. Nothing really looking that exciting at the mo is there really. Shame. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

Decided not to head to the beach with the drone, just don't think it's with waiting around for now. Just feels to cool. Had few spots of rain earlier. Nothing really looking that exciting at the mo is there really. Shame. 

Mind you saying that look at Sat North of Cherbourg. Actually now think were in with a shout later! Very fast rising cloud! Also activity towards Jersey.

Edited by Dan Clow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cloudy this morning, but started to brighten up around lunchtime, stayed rather hazy though. Few fleeting spots of rain at around 6ish.. Reached 26.3°C at: 14:06 with a DP of 17°C

Currently 20.1°C and cloudy.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

D5CD0D52-D6CD-40B7-8DBD-B73BF96E13BF.thumb.png.90373b4d54a82ef83747d966f32e456b.png

F9A5C7CC-ED96-4E29-B4FF-B235BCFDC73A.thumb.jpeg.f88c8e9c08a831191d32838f393a31fa.jpeg

Posted
3 minutes ago, mattyj said:

BBC app had rain symbols all night now have lightning ⚡ symbols so has changed from earlier so maybe Dorset will get hit later 10pm onwards is that correct I am new to this

Yes, there is potential showing on Radar coming out of France and Building around Jersey, Also South of Weymouth has already tried to spark. So anything still possible if things can fire up!