Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Sunny spells, but not blue skies. Temp did reach 24.3°C.

Same here. We manage 3 days of sun back to seeing clouds again. 24.5 so similar to you today. Yesterday we hit 29!

Posted
54 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

I'm heading to the beach tomorrow evening with a nice deckchair and drone ready to go! 

Make sure you have enough food for 4 days, coz I'm not convinced tomorrow night holds anything of value storm wise here, unless you are prepared to chase it as it goes up country..

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Make sure you have enough food for 4 days, coz I'm not convinced tomorrow night holds anything of value storm wise here, unless you are prepared to chase it as it goes up country..

I don't think we will get anything at all. Rarely do! All sods off East.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Not convinced either but hoping to see something far out to sea at least. Fingers crossed.

Posted
2 hours ago, Dan Clow said:

1644973794_Screenshot_20210615-162136_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.eb36dba83d00e13a4c93abdae70c03ae.jpg

Like the look of that very much in with a shout tomorrow night still! 

WWW.LIGHTNINGMAPS.ORG

See lightning strikes in real time across the planet. Free access to maps of former thunderstorms. By Blitzortung.org and contributors.

At the ready then, if only it were a decent plume, but with your eye in the sky at least you'll see further than most should anything head over the channel before it fizzles out..can we use you as an early warning device?

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Yesterday the Isles of Scilly was treated to a special, and very rare, visit from an Egyptian Vulture. It is thought that the last confirmed UK sighting of this bird of prey was in 1868.

The endangered bird was spotted flying over St Mary’s before being captured on camera perched on the pines on Middle Dow, Tresco by wildlife tour guide, Will Wagstaff.

Will is a tour guide at Island Wildlife Tours and was leading a group on Tresco at the time of the sighting. Prior to the sighting, Will and the group had already spotted a White Wagtail and four Grey Herons. “To say I was surprised to see an Egyptian Vulture appear out of the mist over my head as I was leading my group between the Abbey and Great Pools on Tresco mid morning is an understatement!”

The Isles of Scilly is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with more than 50% of the islands being safeguarded for nature. The islands offer a huge diversity of habitats, and it is not uncommon to spot a wide variety of wildlife. However yesterday’s special visitor has been described as one of the biggest sightings of the century!

https://www.facebook.com/will.wagstaff.94/posts/2347589742042611

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yesterday the Isles of Scilly was treated to a special, and very rare, visit from an Egyptian Vulture. It is thought that the last confirmed UK sighting of this bird of prey was in 1868.

The endangered bird was spotted flying over St Mary’s before being captured on camera perched on the pines on Middle Dow, Tresco by wildlife tour guide, Will Wagstaff.

Will is a tour guide at Island Wildlife Tours and was leading a group on Tresco at the time of the sighting. Prior to the sighting, Will and the group had already spotted a White Wagtail and four Grey Herons. “To say I was surprised to see an Egyptian Vulture appear out of the mist over my head as I was leading my group between the Abbey and Great Pools on Tresco mid morning is an understatement!”

The Isles of Scilly is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with more than 50% of the islands being safeguarded for nature. The islands offer a huge diversity of habitats, and it is not uncommon to spot a wide variety of wildlife. However yesterday’s special visitor has been described as one of the biggest sightings of the century!

https://www.facebook.com/will.wagstaff.94/posts/2347589742042611

Yes I saw that on the BBC news, question is what's the plan to get it home again I wonder as the bird is becoming rarer by the year, and is clearly lost, considering Spain and Northern France is it's home? Staying in the Uk is clearly not an option (for mating anyway)!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Tonight's offering.

P1060170 (800x526).jpg

• Like 8

Posted

I think you've pushed it our way Knocker as we begin with sea mist/fog and overcast conditions..

image.thumb.png.5f59649b255ee4da8aa34b5f319ce364.png

Overnight low of 9.3°C at: 05:41 has now reached 13.3°C currently with RH93%...

An early morning shot showing the approaching trough from the west and the Spanish plume development...collision placing all to play for..

image.thumb.png.047d97d4278f9f8f2ee3093f0496e167.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Clear. Calm. Sunny. 20.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cloudy here. 18.9°C RH 77%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely day again.

Not expecting storms later and hoping for no rain either, unless there are storms.

• Like 1

Posted

Feels like humidity is climbing rapidly here in Canford Cliffs. Doesn't look great for our location for the storms now though but never know we could still get lucky! 

• Like 1