Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Dan Clow said:

I have got the DJI Mavic Mini so can take off from the back garden now too!

I have one too! Combo pack. Perfect little drone!

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Yeah great drone! Was out on a boat Saturday with it. The new Mini 3 is coming out this year! I skipped the 2, but apparently the new one coming is going to be epic. So selling the Mini 1 Soon. This is me on Saturday just gone...

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

Will have to time it right with the winds or rain though, but hoping for some decent footage as it comes up from France! I have got the DJI Mavic Mini so can take off from the back garden now too!

Don't get excited it will be the usual Kent clipper ...

Posted
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Don't get excited it will be the usual Kent clipper ...

Got a good feeling this time, think pretty much anywhere has a chance! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

Yeah great drone! Was out on a boat Saturday with it. The new Mini 3 is coming out this year! I skipped the 2, but apparently the new one coming is going to be epic. So selling the Mini 1 Soon. This is me on Saturday just gone...

Great video. Did you take off at Wytch? You can see a lot of my fishing spots.. At 1:34  Redhorn point on the right. And on the left, closest to the chain ferry is Gravel point. A good place for  bait digging on low tide.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Wow! 
Hi Mapantz

That’s exactly the one I have too with the combo pack as well.  Fantastic Little drones.

going to get my batteries   charged right now as I was flying it at the weekend over some fields in Wiltshire

I had kept reading that the storms would be Dorset eastwards and then that kept shifting more east so not sure what the latest forecast is but let’s keep our fingers crossed for us here in the west 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Great video. Did you take off at Wytch? You can see a lot of my fishing spots.. At 1:34  Redhorn point on the right. And on the left, closest to the chain ferry is Gravel point. A good place for  bait digging on low tide.

Yes, we were moored up by Wytch, got some good footage of the oil works not seen in this video but also didn't realize on the island opposite there is also an oil well in operation I caught on camera that's hidden by a luxury house.

Posted
Just now, Dan Clow said:

Yes, we were moored up by Wytch, got some good footage of the oil works not seen in this video but also didn't realize on the island opposite there is also an oil well in operation I caught on camera that's hidden by a luxury house.

Hi Dan I was down in Pool Harbour at the weekend. 
even though we left at 8 o’clock satnav went awry I’m rather than go the usual rate it’s sort of sneaked across Dorset Wiltshire into Hampshire then on the Ringwood Road to Bournemouth which was a complete nightmare by the time we got there the parking spaces at sandbanks that we know of were taken we nearly quit and came home until we found the very last one but I had to walk quite a distance and only had 6 inches spare to each end of the car but I managed to get it in there. 

your footage is absolutely incredible and also no juddering of the video and no wind warnings as well brilliantly edited and put together fantastic job mate was a pleasure  watching it. 

The only problem I have at the moment since I’ve been trying to fly my drone with my iPhone 12 my range is absolutely awful only a few hundred metres before I get weak signal warning and that’s with using yagis.

do you use auto channel select or manual channel. Does seem to bounce around on the channel sentence between red and green.

also I was struggling to swap it from 5.8 to 2.4 ghz as I always found 2.4 would be smoother and fly further previously. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Can I ask a maybe silly question but if some really good thunderstorms move in midweek is drone footage possible from a height for spectacular footage..

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, emmett garland said:

Can I ask a maybe silly question but if some really good thunderstorms move in midweek is drone footage possible from a height for spectacular footage..

Your thinking 50,000 feet LOL!

Posted
28 minutes ago, offerman said:

Do you use auto channel select or manual channel. Does seem to bounce around on the channel sentence between red and green.

also I was struggling to swap it from 5.8 to 2.4 ghz as I always found 2.4 would be smoother and fly further previously. 

If I'm in a busy area I use auto with the Yagi yeah, just make sure you use the correct version Yagi as there are 2.

I'm quite new to video editing so hopfully will improve the more I do it.

2.4 is for better range but I find when over water the 5.8 is better for me. No idea why!

The new Mini 2 has so much better range with the ocusync 2.0 but I've heard it "could" be upgraded to 3.0 which will be amazing 

Posted
32 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

As long as the winds remain reasonable andno driving rain. Will have to time it coming in. Can legally go 120m high so a good height to see.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dan Clow said:

If I'm in a busy area I use auto with the Yagi yeah, just make sure you use the correct version Yagi as there are 2.

I'm quite new to video editing so hopfully will improve the more I do it.

2.4 is for better range but I find when over water the 5.8 is better for me. No idea why!

The new Mini 2 has so much better range with the ocusync 2.0 but I've heard it "could" be upgraded to 3.0 which will be amazing 

Thanks Dan for all that useful information. 

The music you are using for your video did you get that in a pack as I’ve often seen on Facebook music packages coming up on adverts

I want to do a presentation most likely next year Covid pending I just wondered where you got your music from.

thanks 

Posted
2 minutes ago, offerman said:

Thanks Dan for all that useful information. 

The music you are using for your video did you get that in a pack as I’ve often seen on Facebook music packages coming up on adverts

I want to do a presentation most likely next year Covid pending I just wondered where you got your music from.

thanks 

There are actually a few sites I use for cinematic music I'm on phone at the moment but will send them to you when I'm on my laptop later. Think one of them is bensounds he has some free ones. Can't think of the names of the others I use till I see see links.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Most of the afternoon was around 21°C with a fairly strong sea breeze but since it dropped less than an hour ago the temperatures shot up to 26.6°C

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

These were taken about 10 minutes ago.

All I can say is WOW !!!

IMG-20210614-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20210614-WA0003.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I have some too!

P1060165 (800x457).jpg

P1060166 (800x600).jpg

• Like 4

Posted

I'm so happy, haaappy, haaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyy!!! And no i've not been on the grape juice. This is just my favourite time of year, favourite and weather aaaaaah!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, partly cloudy start as the beachcam confirms this morning with the tail end of the clearing from the weakening front from last night

image.thumb.png.d34f3dfab43145d8c4e218f5295eee04.png

Overnight low of 11.2°C at: 04:50, currently 14.9°C  with RH69%

Posted

A shift some 60-80 miles eastwards on Thursday nights outbreak, suggesting as a models are doing this is becoming "initially" more of a SE event (this shows possible precipitation) so no complaints, finally some rain to water the plants...

image.png.47917e70d804a477deb678c24122e799.png

Meanwhile shear and CI maps showing a Kent event..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

19.7c. Humidity 59% Rh. Sunny.