Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Made it to double figures today thanks to a decent morning and early afternoon, but the grey sheet returned after lunch and there have been a few spots of rain this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for most of the day and just about made it to double figures here too. Reached 10.1°C, currently 7.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny most of the day and a max of 11.8°C.

Just got back from a bomb around on the MTB. Currently 6.9°C.

Posted

Morning all, after a below zero overnight low of -0.1°C at: 06:19, its warmed nicely to 9.3°C in nice bright sunshine with a breeze now picking up from the SW.

Just one brave beachgoer this morning on the beach webcam..

image.thumb.png.080a13d054cf3f8f56d1c02174536d28.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sunny with scattered cloud, a fairly light breeze. 10.8°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Some nice cloudscapes this morning.

P1050985 (800x553).jpg

IMG_0933 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0937 (800x600).jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Peaking at 11.6°C at: 12:41 a fair degree of patchy Sc cloud, is causing some warm and then cool parts to the day, still plenty nice enough to hit the garden and spread the horse compost, to encourage the raspberries to do their "thing"..

The beach has enticed a few more brave souls..

image.thumb.png.21cea5d5931f60a76d78b7abbf553c48.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Not obvious earlier but there was obviously Ci/Cs above the Sc associated with the cold front. Became noticeable when it cleared here around1430. Not that obvious in the photo

2021040812.03808.skewt.parc.gifPPVA89.thumb.gif.efe85cba5bdc468e86b93622a2109de8.gifcirrus.thumb.jpg.0bd1b391e812a35e3efd64e0dad9855d.jpg

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning all, after a below zero overnight low of -0.1°C at: 06:19, its warmed nicely to 9.3°C in nice bright sunshine with a breeze now picking up from the SW.

Just one brave beachgoer this morning on the beach webcam..

image.thumb.png.080a13d054cf3f8f56d1c02174536d28.png

I love your beach cam report LOL

• Thanks 1

Posted

Whilst digging a shrub out this morning I came across this, 3' in to the stones & soil, there it was still hiding..fortunately I didn't harm it in anyway, I picked it up and moved it on after having a chat and passing the time of day!...

It was a fair size about 10inches (25cms in new money) long, and I managed to pick it up and then move it on to place I wasn't planning to dig. Love these little surprises, as these are so rare, and yet every year we do manage to see at least one...

20210409_113447.jpg

Shows how stony and sandy our "soil" is here!

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 08/04/2021 at 08:19, knocker said:

The cold front tracking south tomorrow and stalling in the Channel Saturday does not bode well

ecmwf-deterministic-uk-precip_12hr_inch-8012800.thumb.png.1cfa75384fdbcbee7d07320da0366489.pngecmwf-deterministic-uk-precip_12hr_inch-8066800.thumb.png.6be5e6fa0b7c54d68e9131d0e2479f52.png

Knocker what's your thoughts on this one, as the cooler air really doesn't appear to be overly potent, and the rain over north of France seems to be wandering around more to the east than initially expected?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Whilst digging a shrub out this morning I came across this, 3' in to the stones & soil, there it was still hiding..fortunately I didn't harm it in anyway, I picked it up and moved it on after having a chat and passing the time of day!...

It was a fair size about 10inches (25cms in new money) long, and I managed to pick it up and then move it on to place I wasn't planning to dig. Love these little surprises, as these are so rare, and yet every year we do manage to see at least one...

20210409_113447.jpg

Shows how stony and sandy our "soil" is here!

Love slow worms!

I get quite a few in my garden as there's plenty of good places for them to safely bask in the sunshine.

I don't know I mentioned it, but last Summer I was doing a little work on a small pond which sits above the bigger pond, and a 3, maybe 4' grass snake just appeared out of nowhere swimming across the water. That was a first for me!

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Knocker what's your thoughts on this one, as the cooler air really doesn't appear to be overly potent, and the rain over north of France seems to be wandering around more to the east than initially expected?

As far as I can see the front has really decayed and as you say the air is not that unstable so i'm thinking a few showers mainly in the east of the region, albeit not that warm.

Posted

Pleasant morning here with a Sc sheet and little wind. Further to the above it looks like being dry and fairly sunny here but the decaying occlusion could well bring some wintry sghowers to the east of the region, which as we  know covers a large area

PPVE89.thumb.gif.9252c2859e1716c1a08d6ba074eca11a.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted

Is there any more frustrating place to be than literally on the edge of a front?

Pimply/drizzly while clearer sky is visible to the W/NW.

There had not been a drop of rain this morning until I was putting washing on the line but now I wonder if it was worth the effort! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Reached 12.2°C yesterday.

Cloudy this morning, 5.7°C

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of  3.2°C at: 06:51 currently 5.5°C with a light breeze in from the NW, and Sc cover. Radar suggests the smallest risk of some patchy rain, but I think that'll disappear as it moves eastwards..

The litter pickers are out and about on the raked beach this morning

image.thumb.png.fff287a698093d565b3205e8454ec583.png

• Like 1