Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Since the convective stuff dissi[pated through the morning it's been a cracking day with plenty of sunshine

Knocker you have been lucky cloud has been the order of the day here, and further east as I was in Southampton, this morning, no different, cloud cover..

Posted

Currently 5.1°C after a high of 7.1°C at: 15:45..noticeable how the pressure is remaining almost constant at 1024.7 mb..with the lightest of breezes swinging from the the SW to the NW..

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Knocker you have been lucky cloud has been the order of the day here, and further east as I was in Southampton, this morning, no different, cloud cover..

I noticed on the sat images that Cornwall was poking out of the cloud nicely and now it is a cracking evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of -2.3°C with some sunshine to start with. Mainly cloudy throughout the rest of the day, with some bright spells. Temp maxed at 8.3°C.

Posted

The temperature snuck up to 7.1c in a few sunny spells this afternoon. It’s been the coldest April day for just over 8 years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A high of 7.0°C, remarkably cool and cloudy

Posted

Morning All, a cloudy night kept the temperatures up, an overnight low of 0.2°C at: 01:28, has risen to 1.8°C, albeit with St cover..

Posted
On 06/04/2021 at 15:08, Thundery wintry showers said:

I'm moving from Exeter to Lincoln this Friday so wondered if this northerly would give me a rare snowy farewell to Exeter, but overall it's been pretty standard fare for Exeter with a bit of rain, sleet and graupel.  The dry air mass is limiting showery activity though, and it's probably a case of the dry air and the wind sucking out some of the precipitation, so less falls near the ground than is suggested by the radar.  It might have snowed here if the showers had been heavier.  I had to wrap up warm when out and about, but in the sunny intervals and out of the wind it was fairly pleasant for walking in.

Edit: someone who lives locally confirms that it did snow in Exeter at around 7am (though it didn't settle).  I set my alarm for 7:15am and woke up just after it had passed over, so I didn't see what the shower fell as.

I wondered if you had snow from that shower around 7am on Tuesday. We just caught the edge of it here with nice fluffy flakes falling slowly, starting with a temperature of -2.6C. Just to my west had more with about 1cm on Aylesbeare Common.

Temps were then mostly about 6-8C during the day, with sleet/graupel showers. Then it dropped to -2.8C overnight, though 8 of the last 14 Aprils have had -2.7C or lower so it wasn't as noteworthy here as some spots further east. Cloud stopped it falling lower.
Yesterday was mostly cloudy with a max of 8.2C. 

Mostly cloudy this morning too. 4.4C currently after a min of -1.1C at 11pm last night.

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of 0.2°C at: 01:28, things have risen nicely to 9.8°C at: 11:45. The breeze now in from the SW has picked up noticeably this morning, but away from that breeze, it's pleasant in the sunshine..The beach has a few brave souls this morning

image.thumb.png.1e0c1d731bb919336678ef2935ff6f9f.png

Posted
3 hours ago, knocker said:

The cold front tracking south tomorrow and stalling in the Channel Saturday does not bode well

ecmwf-deterministic-uk-precip_12hr_inch-8012800.thumb.png.1cfa75384fdbcbee7d07320da0366489.pngecmwf-deterministic-uk-precip_12hr_inch-8066800.thumb.png.6be5e6fa0b7c54d68e9131d0e2479f52.png

Those suggested rainfall figures don't look large though Knocker..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Much brighter today thankfully and less cold.

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Those suggested rainfall figures don't look large though Knocker..

I would agree Dorset. I suspect Saturday more a cold and dank day, perhaps brighter and more showery sunday, at least in my neck of the woods

ecmwf-deterministic-uk-t2m_c_anom-8056000.thumb.png.cce2822c57971ebfc7ef8a6ddae4e384.pngecmwf-deterministic-uk-t2m_c_anom-8142400.thumb.png.f75966c0301512eeaea2d8cd82c4b48c.pngecmwf-deterministic-uk-total_precip_mm-8185600.thumb.png.d557c5b035638d4d9c200e5e5f10474b.png

Posted

After what started out as an overcast day, it's turned out really pleasant, sat out in the garden with an afternoon tea of scones, jam and cream and the juices of the apple(!), very nice...Even at 10.6°C at: 13:48, it's really warming in the sun...nice..

Posted

Decent day out there.

Finally got the back doors fitted, after breaking them on Xmas day. 

They're now wide open so I can listen to the birds. And get rid of the smell of sealant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

Lucky you. It’s been cloudy all day keen wind and 11.7c as of now. I reckon the trees are about 10 - 14 days behind on last year. 

Posted

Well we hit double digits, just!, with 10.6°C at: 13:48, the sun is still hanging around so still some pleasant garden time to use...