Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Upper front seems to be overrunning the cold air much more emphatically than modelled. Wasn’t forecast to close in on here until mid-afternoon yet it’s doing so mid-morning!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

I did wonder how much would be reaching the surface under that leading edge - will be some evaporation on the way down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

I have heard of the Warminster Thing, not Flap.

Offerman, do hope your footage doesn’t include the father and son pilots who fly stunt planes from the Deverills airfield late evening in the summer!

Andy , such a great point.

i’m the one that was trying to convince Somerset standard that these were not UFOs as I could clearly see these using my Nikon P 900 super zoom camera ,  clearly see these were  planes. 

and yes I listened to the father and son on the radio talking about what they do and they do it for weddings and allsorts of occasions , I’ve been filming them for ages when all of a sudden people from Stonebridge area were filming them saying they were UFOs I told them that they weren’t and I just got shot down for it . 

I said look I am into the subject and I wish they were but they were not they were pyrotechnic planes firing out fireworks I’d actually seen Nice from Heaven’s Gate right across Longleat as well before but I also film them from way over here and can still get in clearly showing they are planes.

so rest assured certainly no my footage are these planes. i’d rather try and think of explanations or be very rational before jumping to the UFO conclusions. 

they would often go out and practice over Corsley area and people gave such a good response to them in the frame standard that they carried on over these areas but they also go to other towns practice over there as well.

i’ve also filmed them from Stourhead before and also when I was over in Wiltshire ,Pewsey I saw them from there once as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

We actually have light snow here. Not very common on low ground in East Devon with a wind off the sea like this.

Webcams in North Devon show rain or sleet in the heavier stuff there so must be borderline with warmer air aloft, 850hpa temps are near 0C (surface temps no warmer than here).

Not settling but nice to see blowing in the wind.

Temp 2.6C, Dew -1.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, warmintim said:

Sorry I think you’ve been led astray. I’m fascinated with all things Fortean, but have never seen anything remotely weird, to my lasting regret. My aunt claimed to have seen a ghostly woman crossing the road at dead maids (A36) but we only saw a barn owl. My wife and I became convinced we were watching an ABC in the field next to our house. Closer inspection  revealed a domestic moggy that foreshortening had made look bigger. Living in Warminster I of course find the whole ufo thing iNteresting, but I’ve never seen anything. Tbh I think no one else did either, just an endless stream of mis identified flares, distant car headlights, satellites and so on. Cradle hill Would certainly be an eerie place at night, and if you were hyped up and expecting to see something then I am sure it was easy to believe that you had. Growin* up here I’ve seen military flares all my life, but to an outsider? At least one of the accounts in the literature sounds exactly like a string of flares, with more being shot up as they fade giving an illusion of movement. I even have a picture somewhere of flares that could pass for ufos.

Apologies if you were expecting better, and please don’t be offended if you hold a different view.

Hi Warmin, 

thanks for your correction of my misinterpretation of your original post.

completely respect your point of you and everything you’ve said there , and completely take on board everything you said no offence taken whatsoever. I appreciate everyone’s point of view and feedback.

I certainly never preach to people ,what I do is just show /present what I have caught on camera which is truly spectacular as they are invisible to the human eye , many of them anyway. 

I can understand what you mean about some people if they are hyped up and and see something they can then get carried away in the moment I get that ,I’ve even been with people that have done that and then I’ve brought them down to earth a little and explaining what they actually see.

but the stuff I have filmed it’s invisible to the human eye not all of it but some of it is. 

and the speeds at  which they move and the manoeuverability is truly spectacular. 

I did a small presentation a few years ago at a village and the 17 people in attendance were blown away as they really didn’t expect to see what I presented to them .  It was nice to get positive feedback.

to be honest I can completely understand any scepticism because of technology with photo shop and it’s so easy to fake things these days out there on the Internet and so some people attending a presentation wilould  be just curious but expecting just planes birds being mis-identified things like that . 

anyway I’ll leave it there but just want to say thanks for your reply no offence taken at all and respect all of what you’ve said there.

back to the weather, let’s hope we get a little bit of snow out of this front coming in and it doesn’t fizzle out too quickly. 

Then roll on spring as I’m tired with the cold wind chilled weather with no snow I’d rather just have it milder 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

After a morning of spits and spots of rain and sleets heavy ppn has arrived. I've wondered up to a height of 300 metres and its heavy sleetvsnd rain. I suspect the higher moor 600 metres above should get a good dumping

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

EuGYfXNWYAE9yJz?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Blizzardof82

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Radar showing the ppn a little further east than forecast? 

Some more intense stuff around the Severn estuary, hopefully it can hold on as it moves up the vale.

034A454E-EFAF-4DF8-8CF8-4E07E52DB8FA.thumb.png.50ac86805c2049dd76f588c175f12fb7.png

• Like 2

Posted

Biting wind, minus 1c, bone dry. Ideal conditions for a slider to give, but, alas, nowt and by tom morn it'll be 8c. The cold spell that could've given, but didnt.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I was meant to add, Matt Hugo on Twitter saying the front has more legs than models predicted so may end up further East before fizzling out.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Odd flake in with the sleet now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Light snow falling

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Think I just saw a flake lol...

• Like 1