Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
28 minutes ago, AWD said:

Just this from Ian on twitter;

Nice to see the Meto do take into consideration the mighty ICON.  Not a total waste of time at least then.

Oh, the mighty ICON. 

It’s good to see that they do. After its consistency run after run is hard to ignore. Don’t they say you can’t go on just one model run, look for the trend and done just that. Don’t let us down now ICON!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just need wales to be put into warning for snow dome to be complete. Not that I'm bitter.. 

Screenshot_20210210-104928.thumb.png.1a4317404c3f4f6b2590d394ed2142c3.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There was a dusting on the ground at 6am in Exeter but I went back to sleep and when I woke up again at 9am it had all gone, bar a few rooftops that are sheltered from the sun.  I suspected I might have dreamt about the snow, but no, the radar shows flurries over Exeter at the time I remembered seeing a dusting.  Maybe it was one of those that was so thin it quickly vanished despite sub zero temperatures.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes, I'm still not out of it either, Thursday has potential for light snow and Saturday has potential for something heavier, though Saturday looks marginal with an ICONic run giving plenty of snow and others giving little or nothing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Nice snow flurries up in a Cranham village (working up here) giving a sugar coating  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
6 minutes ago, FBR said:

We've had snow flurries here for the last couple of hours. Surfaces are still real cold so saw some lovely flakes once they landed 

20210210_095000.jpg

Yes its been a morning of near constant floaty flakes mixed with the occasional heavier burst of flurries. Quite relaxing looking out the window from my computer

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, Blizzardof82 said:

GFS 6z has us back in the cold by end of next week after a brief drier milder blip, we will see though.

Yeah no real end of the cold spell in sight on this run

spacer.pngspacer.png

Glad to see it looks largely dry, at least.

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, AWD said:

Once you get to mid February, especially in this part of the country, you start to feel the sun's strength/warmth on your skin a bit more and it's very easy to start to look towards the warmer, Spring days ahead (and all the convective weather that brings).

Personally, (and I expect I'm not alone here), I would be quite content with some warmer, sunnier days ahead.  Just don't want lots of rain!  Obviously, if a March 2018 popped up again, I wouldn't say no either. 

That's the beauty of the time of year we are heading into.  You can flip from Winter to Spring (and vice versa) within days.

Yeah definitely. The sun being out today does make me start thinking toward Spring warmth, we had such a good Spring last year I hope that can be repeated, in some respects.

However, like you say, I also wouldn’t mind a March 18 repeat, that gave me the most lying snow I’ve seen and we were very close to the red warning issued by the Met here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

MO forecast for here looks 

32 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Just need wales to be put into warning for snow dome to be complete. Not that I'm bitter.. 

Screenshot_20210210-104928.thumb.png.1a4317404c3f4f6b2590d394ed2142c3.png

I’m either too far east or too far west... it seems

• Like 1

Posted

Intrigued to see that Taunton (half of it anyway) is in the yellow warning for tonight. Thought we were out of the game but maybe we have a chance of a dusting. 

• Like 1

Posted

Met clearly not going for the ICON solution for Saturday. Warning issued Gloucestershire northwards and Wales. Be surprised if that changed. Think that’s our chance of a snow event before it gets mild gone.

Posted

Yellow warning for Thursday and Friday for me now... Realistically, could we get any decent covering? A few weeks ago we were only forecast a tiny bit and ended up getting 3-4cm, which is nice enough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Very light snow flurries here a few minutes ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, Adrian Major said:

Stroud right on the southern edge of the new MO warnings for Saturday.  Still a chance of some snow I reckon

There is literally a warning out for everywhere now except central south and south west.

Splendid.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Good luck guys in all the arming areas. Hope you get loads. 

Looks  predominantly dry on these days up here as it’s too Far East going on those warnings.  Don’t forget you’re pics and vids.