Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Back to the here and now, the M4 snizzle machine is approaching the Bath/Bristol area again;

Screenshot_2021-02-09-19-51-14-34.thumb.jpg.16fc2165aae2f60b375ef64ef65645bf.jpg

Some very snizzly conditions likely here shortly, take care that snizzle pellets don't get in your eyes.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 7

Posted
40 minutes ago, jethro said:

Evening all, just watched Fergie's forecast, his advice is take everything with a pinch of salt for the foreseeable. Might get milder at the weekend, might not, might snow, might not, currently no clear way forward.

Personally, I'd be surprised if the cold caves into the milder weather from the SW without putting up a bit of a fight. Deep cold is usually quite difficult to shift unless there's a large push from the Atlantic and what's currently seen as incoming from that direction isn't a big, strong low pressure system.

Strange that he is moving away so much from the forecasts that are being  put out by the Met Office, looks pretty much nailed on change from Sunday onwards. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 minutes ago, AWD said:

Screenshot_2021-02-09-19-44-09-04.thumb.jpg.f6abced274b1632d32672ef4b216c211.jpg

Crikey - Look at Thursday.. could be 13 or 14°C in parts of the SW if it were to come off like that. Doubtful though.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, AWD said:

Back to the here and now, the M4 snizzle machine is approaching the  Bath/Bristol area again;

Screenshot_2021-02-09-19-51-14-34.thumb.jpg.16fc2165aae2f60b375ef64ef65645bf.jpg

Some very snizzly conditions likely here shortly, take care that snizzle pellets don't get in your eyes.

Thoughts on Saturday? Met office accumulation chart shows around 15-20cm for SE Wales, is that a load of rubbish?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold, ice, frost, thundersnow,
Just now, AWD said:

Back to the here and now, the M4 snizzle machine is approaching the  Bath/Bristol area again;

A bit more oomph to the snow further east. Falling moderately at the moment in NE Hampshire, and beginning to accumulate to more than just a dusting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Mostly cloudy today apart from some brightness in the afternoon. Cold again with that windchill... reached 0.7°C so not an ice day today.

Currently -1.6°C DP -4.9°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, AWD said:

Could be dry, could be wet, could be cold, could be mild, could be snowy, could be cloudy, could be sunny, could be windy.

However, it's not looking like there is going to be any thunderstorm activity nor is there going to be a heatwave.

I think that just about covers it for now. 

Id almost put money on less than 1cm of snow for most of west country this cold spell.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.

Our Snizzle on the radar has gone from looking solid to quite fragmented in just 10 mins ❄️?‍♂️ I give up 

3D838BC4-6C8F-486C-AB7A-8507EAFDCE01.jpeg

E9A4BA83-0738-4492-86A5-6DF56E11A5CC.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, AWD said:

Undeniable agreement in 12z Ens for a return to nearer average conditions from Sunday onwards now, for my area at least, (May differ in timing for other areas).  These are for Bristol;

Screenshot_2021-02-09-19-44-09-04.thumb.jpg.f6abced274b1632d32672ef4b216c211.jpg

Good chance we will go out with a whimper according to the ens too, with only a few offering something wintry on Saturday, before milder air arrives.

That ICON run earlier seems a long long time ago now.  I think there is more chance of Trump being re-elected than that coming off.

A long time ago? It was released at 3pm.  A few hours. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CentralSouthernSnow said:

It was a figure of speech mate. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CentralSouthernSnow said:

Probably why he said “seems like”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Going off BBC graphics the first precipitation to reach us is Sunday and its rain, I know its off one run and subject to change.

image.thumb.png.5ab90904c6d79ed4f963fe08f583ef7d.png

image.png

image.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Latest MetO forecast posted 2 hours ago mentions snow risk in the SW on Friday. Although I think that risk has to be for the far SW? I don't think any model has the PPN pushing very far inland at all. (Could be wrong though.) One to keep an eye on for the most snow starved maybe?

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Latest MetO forecast posted 2 hours ago mentions snow risk in the SW on Friday. Although I think that risk has to be for the far SW? I don't think any model has the PPN pushing very far inland at all. (Could be wrong though.) One to keep an eye on for the most snow starved maybe?

I think they do it for click bait!  No better than the tabloids at times! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold, ice, frost, thundersnow,
1 hour ago, sukayuonsensnow said:

A bit more oomph to the snow further east. Falling moderately at the moment in NE Hampshire, and beginning to accumulate to more than just a dusting.

Think I may have jinxed it, the M3 streamer seems to have died. There is some moisture over Buckinghamshire and around London, might transfer SW later (if it has any energy left by then).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 minute ago, offerman said:

It’s snowing here pellets gruples

658DB823-61A1-47D2-8588-5131A68BE144.jpeg

I’m off for a ciggy to do a lamppost vigil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Thought this was quite apt....and true for us lot at the moment made me lol while scrolling through Tiktok, and instantly thought of Netweather

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Thought this was quite apt....and true for us lot at the moment made me lol while scrolling through Tiktok, and instantly thought of Netweather

IMG_4920.MOV 29.67 MB · 6 downloads

I was thinking more of the lines of this

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Latest 18z ICON consistent in giving Devon some snowfall Thursday night into Friday morning.  Won't bother posting all the charts, here is a couple below as a snapshot;

iconeu_uk1-42-59-0.thumb.png.186b6d3bd494364f7ba3695643aeb6b5.png

iconeu_uk1-42-60-0.thumb.png.82c379febc22727b85f4339d0d6927bc.png

Actually brings it slightly further NE into Somerset too.  Mainly light snow but nonetheless, something for snow starved Devonshire members to keep an eye on (and possibly Somerset folk here too).

• Like 5

Posted

Im not looking at the models this even but thought I'd look in and have a quick look at some comments then noticed someone called Jimbob saying 15oC in the south. I did have to chuckle at that one.  

• Like 1