Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just picking smallest up from nursery, we had a good 3-4cm overnight here and then continuous little flakes all day, temps -2/-1 ish and the compacted snow although great for sledging has made the roads very exciting.  cloud broke at about 4.30 and now we’re back to a bit more substantial snow, altho still little flakes, the big chunky ones are yet to arrive here. I probably need to step away from the radar for a bit, don’t think it’s what my second work screen is actually for....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Watching snow accumulate has certain similarities to watching grass grow -- the more you watch it, the slower it builds up? But even an inch overnight can make all the difference!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Snowing moderately here on the Essex coast, a lot of convection to the north east which BBC forecast earlier didn't show but it is a case now of radar over graphics.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

For my location I'm going to have to name this spell the least from the east. It has been poor throughout... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Popped out to put the rubbish out and found this on my car ! Bless my 8 year old neighbour  Making the most of what I have x

IMG_7145.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Just had a look at the lamppost out front, and can confirm that it has started snowing again here too

• Like 2

Posted

You won't get streamers if any setting up till later in the night the band over the se of east Anglia is the last of the warm front. That's why is fizzling as soon as it moves inland. Highest chance of streamers for London south will be from the early hours throughout tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Starting to come down heavier now, the very beginning of the big blob of snow just starting to hit me.

Yh tracks in the road again nice to see should be a decent evening and nice to see the gaps between showers as well proper convection here 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Yh tracks in the road again nice to see should be a decent evening and nice to see the gaps between showers as well proper convection here 

Sounds good dude, fingers crossed for a full evening of snow!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
7 minutes ago, Howie said:

Just had a feral cat crying for its life outside my house , it ran away before I could bring it inside, hope it's ok

Pop a bowl of warm water and some food outside: maybe a box with a blanket too if possible. If you can pop it somewhere safe but a little way away from you door/ window it may feel brave enough to come back.

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Bayley said:

That's what I have my eye on. Waiting for it to disintegrate but seems to holding for now.. If it did make it i wouldn't expect more than a dusting / cm or two (if lucky). Better than nothing i suppose!

Looks to be making inroads from when I last checked! As to whether the intensity will weaken I don’t know 

Posted
30 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Hello Bromley from Orpington - the blob out over  Sufflok looks great and is back bouilding of the coast, my concern is that once it gets to north Essesx it appears to shear of southwards or just stops.... if you can please play radar and see what you think?

Looks alright to me. That big green bit looks too far north for us, but who’s to say it won’t build? The stuff south of it coming into the estuary could be good if it peps up a bit. I think we have more chance of proper heavier stuff from streamers and convergences highlighted by Met4Cast above.

Edited by jamesgold
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, WheresTheSnow said:

Looks to be making inroads from when I last checked! As to whether the intensity will weaken I don’t know 

Fingers crossed. Painfully slow, but that's good if it maintains intensity and hits us! The recent intensification over Norwich is good

Edited by Mark Bayley
  • Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, maplesyrup said:

Most of Gtr London looking good for that band coming through North Essex. Hope the intensity remains or builds. Anyone under it now that can confirm conditions?

Alternating between moderate and heavy. Filling in the gaps on the pavements and roads. been going for about 30 mins.

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 1

Posted

Still light snow here along the a12 between Chelmsford and colchester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
24 minutes ago, A Wintry Mix said:

Anyone noticed this little fella?

Screenshot_20210208-174420.jpg

I believe it's anaprop. A radio wave anomaly that pops up in that location regularly. No precipitation unfortunately

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, North Easterly Breeze said:

Save some for Benfleet Paul... !!

On there way to you next then Medway by the looks of the trajectory until the ENE swings them further west 

• Like 2