Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Reasonable here, sunshine and patchy cloud. The low cloud has tended to lift into cumulus than fully break up. Currently 23c and very pleasant back home in the garden.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Just nudged 26c that's what happens when the winds are offshore. My warmest day of the year!

Posted

Reached the dizzy high of 18c here, quite a blustery breeze this afternoon too, sun is trying to break through the clouds but not making much progress. Happily enjoying this cool windy day with the patio doors wide open, because I know sooner or later that heat and humidity will get here and I wont enjoy it  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Pleasant summers day here in the Surrey hills but it has been disappointing how cloudy it has been ! Steady north breeze means it’s a good day though to get some washing dry outside almost impossible most days for the last month !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

well from my previous comment from this morning, it has turned into a nicer day with the cloud breaking up allowing the sun to make an appearance and making it quite warm and humid, more of that please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Yet another gloom feast here in Norfolk, the poor spring summer appearance of sun in short supply…clouds just now breaking up….only few days of sun looks now likely until Tuesday when average temp and the cloud returns ugh 

Posted

If we don't hit 30C in mid-Essex this summer then it'll be the first year not to do so since 2009. (Mid-Essex being either the Andrewsfield or Writtle stations.)

I posted something similar a year ago and then we had 7 days of >30C temperatures; 6 of them in a row!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 hours ago, h2005__uk__ said:

If we don't hit 30C in mid-Essex this summer then it'll be the first year not to do so since 2009. (Mid-Essex being either the Andrewsfield or Writtle stations.)

I posted something similar a year ago and then we had 7 days of >30C temperatures; 6 of them in a row!

I'd rather not hit plus thirty lol. Too hot. 

Posted

Blue skies, sun and a lovely cooling breeze this morning. I really hope this northerly breeze sticks around as the temp rise this weekend   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Early sunshine has gone, the forecast slab of cloud has unfortunately arrived. So it is unlikely to be as warm today (Somehow managed a high of 24c despite a northerly breeze).

image.thumb.png.3d608bf9da1a3ae0b94656e8096e5a54.png

Most should hit the low twenties away from the north Norfolk coast area. Mid twenties London southwards.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
17 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Early sunshine has gone, the forecast slab of cloud has unfortunately arrived. So it is unlikely to be as warm today (Somehow managed a high of 24c despite a northerly breeze).

image.thumb.png.3d608bf9da1a3ae0b94656e8096e5a54.png

Most should hit the low twenties away from the north Norfolk coast area. Mid twenties London southwards.

This is literally only the second day this year I've hung washing out (I have an undercover area but there's not enough room for the mountain I'm doing), it's been dreadful. If it starts to spit with rain I will not be responsible for my language.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

This is literally only the second day this year I've hung washing out (I have an undercover area but there's not enough room for the mountain I'm doing), it's been dreadful. If it starts to spit with rain I will not be responsible for my language.....

It's been a funny old year hasn't it, NS?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Another overcast and quite cool day in the Surrey hills , quite a keen northerly breeze …. But it is not raining and the washing is out and drying so not all bad !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Disappointingly cloudy again here in Surbiton, turned almost quite gloomy now. Cloud radar suggests there won’t be much of an improvement for a while ☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

can this cloud just f off it's been a repetitive cycle of sunny morning -> cloudy afternoon -> clear sunset its never been persistent sunshine for so long now  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Very warm 25c here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
2 hours ago, Juan Moorchants said:

July this morning, gloomy November in the afternoon here in mid Suffolk. Boo! This summer is like a mid 80s one. Bright start and cloud later. It'll break by evening no doubt.

The most bizarre summer here for Norfolk and Summer, had very dull and wet, but can’t remember a spring /summer we hardly any sun. It’s only been the start of June that we have seen blue sky, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The height of summer *insert sardonic laughter here"

Washing out for only the second time this year, 8hrs later still damp despite howling N'ly wind. 

Once again dining room looks like Wot No Sun's laundry room and having to use the tumble dryer in July.

I bet we suffer this ******************* weather for the rest of the month. 

Posted

Indeed, disappointingly curious weather today.

A fine start but an increasing N'ly wind during the day - quite fresh this evening. To my south east, threatening clouds but a clearance to the north which has now arrived so hopefully take two for the fine spell to start tomorrow.