Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Desperate to see some sunshine

This god damn cloud and low temps is the giddy limit for end of May! Yesterday could have come straight from November!! , so awful was it. No fun when working outside for which i normally enjoy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

so much for "drier and brighter" forecast for today  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

At the giddy heights of 13c here...little in the way of sun to heat the conservatory up! surely it's got to get better than this?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

the weather is rubbish. For thunder. 

Don't care, cool weather = i can sleep at night.

Posted

Started of bright and sunny hurrahnow going downhill with cloud looming around, plants on table outside that were rescued from demolished by wind greenhouse their stay in garage seems not to have harmed them. Another casualty from wind lost more fence panels so turned into an expensive spell of windy weather ouch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

My wife and I, middle son, daughter in law and 3 year old grandson went to the National Flower Show at Hylands Park, Chelmsford today. (if the name seems familiar it is where the V festival used to be held. It was an enjoyable afternoon although it was ruined somewhat by the weather. We had just arrived for the afternoon session and queuing to enter when it became very dark and the wind got up. It was accompanied by driving drizzle which made sign in very challenging. The paper tickets which the steward was attempting to scan were becoming very soggy as were we!

The afternoon was interspersed between cloudy and dry and dull and drizzly, with the wind really gusting at times and blowing some of the taller plants for sale over. It also became very chilly in the wind as the afternoon wore on.

Looking at the MAD thread it looks as though later next week the weather may improve. Hopefully that well be the case.

I see the new modern garden features are rusty looking things. Old watering cans and small tin baths at outragous prices and if you wanted a rusty areoplane about 2 feet long with a propellor be prepared to shell out £60. I resisted the temptation. Some of the stuff in all honesty I have thrown out in a better condition!

Edited by claret047
  • Like 2

Posted

Day has started sunny and blue skied, looks to go downhill this afternoon. Hopefully forecasts are correct in getting better from mid-week onwards, as my father is driving up from Cornwall on friday for the long weekend.

Posted

Yes lovely sunny start here as well, sorry BB but temps for us for the weekend not looking great and also throw in nne wind to make things fell nippy this is what is showing on met office charts at the moment, you are allowed to swear or use a few choice abbreviated exclamations on hearing this BB

Posted
41 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

Yes lovely sunny start here as well, sorry BB but temps for us for the weekend not looking great and also throw in nne wind to make things fell nippy this is what is showing on met office charts at the moment, you are allowed to swear or use a few choice abbreviated exclamations on hearing this BB

Im more worried about him travelling in heavy rain, hes 83 this year and its a flippin long journey, although he will be stopping every couple of hours for a break, so a full days journey.  Temps supposed to be around 17 by the weekend and thats fine by me.

Posted
48 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone else just have a hailstorm, I have a covering of pea sized hail.

Yep, in Gerrards Cross.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Yep, in Gerrards Cross.

It looked like second hand snow

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone else just have a hailstorm, I have a covering of pea sized hail.

Quick 5 minute hail shower just now, sun on the way back out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Couple of sharp showers but missing all the main activity (either SE or SW).

Started cutting the grass about 20 mins too late earlier, I have never driven so fast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Lots of heavy showers here today, we seem to be in the firing line - hardly a break in between, and although the sun is very warm there is a coldness in the air. I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting for the pattern change this week so we can get back to normal early summer life, and finally plan some outside stuff to look forward to.

• Like 1

Posted

Popcorn skies to the west of Surbiton. Some of the intense stuff goes over us with plenty going around. Makes a great sound on the attic roof while I'm marking. 

IMG_20210524_162236.jpg

• Like 4