Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Weather having fun and games here very heavy hail showers thunder booms 3mins then all quiet again very puzzling as to what to expect as forecasts seem all over the place

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

Just had a clap of thunder here in Benfleet, Essex

Showers are missing NW London today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

cracking...literally.

was waiting at Preston Park Station just north of Brighton  and saw a CG bolt to the north across the Sussex countryside. 

Posted

As with @lassie23, the storms are dodging us, but some lovely cloudscapes from cells to the north and east. 

IMG_20210519_175516.jpg

IMG_20210519_175356.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
21 hours ago, Mesoscale said:

Had a very heavy shower with one clap of thunder, the clouds look very weird though.

Very weird clouds indeed Mesoscale. I took these pics in Hertford Hertfordshire at 20.05pm yesterday Tuesday 18th May 2021.

38EC8D41-F7B3-4662-92A3-7F8D4C87EB54.jpeg

EC7D4693-3EB0-4FA6-A693-68E5FBCAB4E8.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yeah bug all weather, not even a drop of rain. Got wind. 

Posted

Some more thunder here, cant see any lightening though.

Edit, ah now I see the lightening

Edited by Blazerblue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Hammering down here currently with hail the odd flash of lightning and rumble of thunder...it's either dry as a pharaohs sock or too wet for ducks nothing in between.

• Like 3

Posted

About 6pm lovely storm at last only short lived but heavy rain hail and flashes of lightning accompanied by loud crashes of thunder even lost the tele signal for a couple of minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
3 hours ago, Dami said:

yeah bug all weather, not even a drop of rain. Got wind. 

Eww, glad im not sharing the bed with you, windy pops 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
10 hours ago, jasonuk said:

Eww, glad im not sharing the bed with you, windy pops 

i make my own weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Some pictures I took the last few days had some good rumbles of thunder from a few storms and had lightning that was really close, just behind the trees when I was playing football yesterday so about 30-50 Metres at its closest as the trees were quite close. 

IMG_20210519_155703.jpg

IMG_20210518_170129.jpg

IMG_20210518_123133.jpg

IMG_20210519_174316_BURST008.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

While the weather presently looks gloomy, I had a cracking rainbow 2 days ago incredibly vibrant.

5345657C-E198-437F-AA61-B63D8511EAA3.thumb.jpeg.a5a64062de42ba4e00491233a270951d.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

What happened to the sun, was lovely and sunny when I woke up, put some washing out, and the sun has gone. Chilly now too, feels quite depressing, at least with the showers we got sun in between. Wet weather incoming later on and then the wind gets here and its back to autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Wind is now picking up a bit and has been grey pretty much since I woke up. I managed to get out yesterday afternoon and enjoy a relatively rain free few hours enjoying the skyscapes. Now it's time to batten down the hatches and bring the delicate plants back inside.

PXL_20210519_153956273.thumb.jpg.376af2ae4e65fb49cf2dc44efa0a95a4.jpg 

PXL_20210519_162843921.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

☹️grey murk here now after an earlier bright sunny start, also quite windy and hear we are in for strong winds and temps on the low side for several days. Little greenhouse has been secured firmly and row of bricks placed around base is this late spring? or time shifted to early autumn

• Like 2

Posted

I had to plant out a lot of mature seedlings last weekend because they had become pot-bound and stopped growing. Not hopeful there will be anything left  of them thanks to these gusts - and the fact that my plot is on top of an exposed hill. If I'd have known how tricky allotmenting would be this spring, I'm not sure I'd have bothered this year.

It's just 10.c here too, I've known warmer December days. I can't be the only one longing for fine, warm evenings?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
18 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

I had to plant out a lot of mature seedlings last weekend because they had become pot-bound and stopped growing. Not hopeful there will be anything left  of them thanks to these gusts - and the fact that my plot is on top of an exposed hill. If I'd have known how tricky allotmenting would be this spring, I'm not sure I'd have bothered this year.

It's just 10.c here too, I've known warmer December days. I can't be the only one longing for fine, warm evenings?

You've just reminded me about the courgettes, I really want to dig them up and bring them in again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Thunderstorms, Wind

I'm already pretty surprised by the strength of the wind and it won't peak until tomorrow morning/lunchtime. Already some branches down and with the recent rainfall and the trees in leaf could be some damage tomorrow?

Posted
22 minutes ago, SouthLondonCold said:

I'm already pretty surprised by the strength of the wind and it won't peak until tomorrow morning/lunchtime. Already some branches down and with the recent rainfall and the trees in leaf could be some damage tomorrow?

Using rule of stick your finger (not thumb) up in air ,the low pressure is 62miles quicker than predicted by GFS and approx seventy nine further south ,going by radar returns ...with implications down the line for us ,maybe maybe not ,but I'm not overly sure about pressure ,lower or higher? best look at Dublin airport I guess then we will have our formula to predicted wind ,cor that was long winded (if you could excuse the pun)

Posted
2 hours ago, TN9 said:

Using rule of stick your finger (not thumb) up in air ,the low pressure is 62miles quicker than predicted by GFS and approx seventy nine further south ,going by radar returns ...with implications down the line for us ,maybe maybe not ,but I'm not overly sure about pressure ,lower or higher? best look at Dublin airport I guess then we will have our formula to predicted wind ,cor that was long winded (if you could excuse the pun)

Well ,now all had changed ,pressure is 985 at dublin airport and has stayed like that for couple of hours but the centre of low has now changed about 80 miles to the west ,that's why I think pressure has stayed 985 for that long ,im trying find how  this affects here ,over all in forecast ,you'd think ide have better things to do ,wouldn't you lol

Posted

If you ask me the weather is rubbish didn’t see a peek of sun today and with 4 weeks till longest day this is unacceptable.