Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I'm on a caravan holiday in Norfolk and we've had everything bar the kitchen sink today. A lovely sunny start, showers by mid-morning, thunder and lightening early afternoon and a torrential downpour late afternoon that flooded some of the site pitches. The one bonus has been that some of the skies have been wonderful. This looking inland from Sea Palling:

1523194546_CloudSeaPalling16May.thumb.jpg.8345f1732289d7c431f098494a724392.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

I'm on a caravan holiday in Norfolk and we've had everything bar the kitchen sink today. A lovely sunny start, showers by mid-morning, thunder and lightening early afternoon and a torrential downpour late afternoon that flooded some of the site pitches. The one bonus has been that some of the skies have been wonderful. This looking inland from Sea Palling:

Maybe you should have stayed in sunny Suffolk, BW . . . it's been fine and dry all day, down here!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Maybe you should have stayed in sunny Suffolk, BW . . . it's been fine and dry all day, down here!

Lol. Often the case holidaying in the UK Pete. The weather's better back home!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thunder?

You're definitely not in mid-Norfolk 

One moderate shower mid afternoon after I'd cut the grass and that's it. 

I think people will be looking pityingly at East Anglia, much the same as we looked at the rest of the country in the 80s and 90s!

Posted

Bloody terrible weather lately like October, raining heavily as I type this total for today so far 6mm.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Thunder?

You're definitely not in mid-Norfolk 

One moderate shower mid afternoon after I'd cut the grass and that's it. 

I think people will be looking pityingly at East Anglia, much the same as we looked at the rest of the country in the 80s and 90s!

I've got my touring caravan pitched up at Wroxham but me and Mrs Blessed were visiting friends at Sea Palling when one of a number of heavy showers went through giving T&L. You can see the two strikes captured by the Netweather radar at 14.20. I think the North Norfolk area has seen a couple of distinct lines of showers this afternoon that kept bring downpours through the same narrow areas. And I forgot to mention, we also saw a lovely rainbow.

Radar 14.20:

Radar 16May 14.20.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
37 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

That would be my perfect weekend away !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
7 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

I've got my touring caravan pitched up at Wroxham but me and Mrs Blessed were visiting friends at Sea Palling when one of a number of heavy showers went through giving T&L. You can see the two strikes captured by the Netweather radar at 14.20. I think the North Norfolk area has seen a couple of distinct lines of showers this afternoon that kept bring downpours through the same narrow areas. And I forgot to mention, we also saw a lovely rainbow.

Radar 14.20:

Radar 16May 14.20.jpg

I'm the red dot......!!!!

dot.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Radar 14.20:

Radar 16May 14.20.jpg

I guess, as often happens, the only time I'm likely to witness lightning, thunder, torrential rain and hail, will be at 3 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, when I'm waiting for my bus!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Worst pattern for weather I have seen for a long time in SW Herts, only one bit of sferic activity in the first part of the year. 

Posted

Very low funnel cloud spotted over North London/South Herts a few minutes ago. It may have reached the ground, but can't be certain. Came down and went up in the space if about 12 seconds.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
3 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Very low funnel cloud spotted over North London/South Herts a few minutes ago. It may have reached the ground, but can't be certain. Came down and went up in the space if about 12 seconds.

Pictures or videos? 

Posted

Despite it clouding over occasionally its been a fine dry warm day here, kept expecting a shower to pop up over us but nothing at all.

Posted

Same here  but fair amount of cloud around now. Family in spain on the costa del sol they live there have had 34 degrees, family in portsmouth have had it dire so we are in the middle zone here today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
2 hours ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Not surprised as north west London and southern home counties currently getting a drenching as area of rain pivots....

Posted

Very dull and cloudy morning so far, fighting the urge to turn the heating on as it feels chilly indoors, ridiculous dont normally have any heating on in May, but only been a few days that its not come on at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
50 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Very dull and cloudy morning so far, fighting the urge to turn the heating on as it feels chilly indoors, ridiculous dont normally have any heating on in May, but only been a few days that its not come on at all!

That fact we're still hearing these words in mid may is depressing

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Thunderstorm in the vicinity here in St Leonards on Sea. The first time I've even heard thunder for well over a year. Torrential rain and hail now, frequent thunder and my satellite signal has gone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder
1 minute ago, SenlacJack said:

Thunderstorm in the vicinity here in St Leonards on Sea. The first time I've even heard thunder for well over a year. Torrential rain and hail now, frequent thunder and my satellite signal has gone.

Quiet here in bexhill though definitely just heard one short but loud deep boom x

• Like 1