Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Well well that was a surprise bucketing down and playing havoc with the Internet. Few flashes and rumbles proper April weather oops in May lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Mostly sunny day with a brief moderate shower early afternoon, reached 12c

Posted

First thunder of the year, albeit distant (Wallingford area by the looks of it) . Fabulous!

I was checking out my allotment when I heard that deep rumble that can't be anything else and my blood ran cold in a pleasant way, here's hoping for some decent storms after this awful Spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Fantastic day today for some! Even heard a couple of rumbles here too earlier on. 

However, an interesting window of opportunity potentially arising Saturday evening and through Sunday! A significant westward correction of that low out west has lead to us being forecasted to be in more of this brief plume that is going to head nearby. It will feel lovely compared to what we’ve been putting up with over the last month! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Had a few flashes of lightning from a shower early afternoon in Huntingdon and drove through a heavy hail shower on the way home. Quite shocking that parts further north saw some snow in these shower today.

It does look like turning less cold as the weekend draws closer, albeit still quite unsettled.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

2 Pictures that roound up today, thundery showers before a more prolonged spell of rain, did see lightning or at lest my friend did and heard Thunder just the lightning was too far away to hear thm together.

1116390078_IMG_20210505_155452(1).thumb.jpg.239cc028cc5aabf1a855d93e4141a073.jpg477104624_IMG_20210505_173501(1).thumb.jpg.2f8407757691229951ca5e2482d7c391.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, LetItSnow! said:

5D22DB58-0ED2-4CA9-A741-4F4E5333D048.thumb.jpeg.81fcf2b26c7b707621aeb25d73cb620c.jpeg

firgive the absolute terrible picture but just had a brief but very heavy hail shower. then to my joyful surprise, a strike of lightning & distant thunder! passed now but the radar shows a very beefy hailstorm to pass through soon. all in all, a very interesting May day. 

Not as bad as the ones I took earlier, had a finger in them all, so hopefully similar sky during tomorrow's school run, and I can try again lol. 

Posted

Another day, another frost and rain now incoming it seems.....again. Beeb forecast for 18c sunday, lets hope they're right   

Posted

We had a fantastic storm just after 8pm at Southwold yesterday evening, some of the best fork lightning and very deep intense thunder i have witnessed for many years.

it was a mix of large hail, very large raindrops and very wet snowflakes when the core passed over, don't know if this can be classed as thunder snow !!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Timbo said:

We had a fantastic storm just after 8pm at Southwold yesterday evening, some of the best fork lightning and very deep intense thunder i have witnessed for many years.

it was a mix of large hail, very large raindrops and very wet snowflakes when the core passed over, don't know if this can be classed as thunder snow !!!

can someone post the radar returns for that time yesterday, must have been a very intense cell when it passed over

Posted
3 hours ago, Timbo said:

Wow, only a few miles from us, yet I didnt hear anything here, although we did have some heavy rain/hail around that time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Had some thunder and lightning just now, to go with last night's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T - Storms, Spanish Plumes and Snow, not all at once.......
2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

Had some thunder and lightning just now, to go with last night's.

No thunder here but ice from the sky halts play on North Norfolk allotment, think I was baking on this day last year. In the sun, not croissants.

WP_20210506_15_47_37_Pro.jpg

Posted

Managed to go out today after the windy days previously which made sitting out having a coffee not appealing, got to Yoxford just after 10am sat with coffee and tea cake with no sun or wind but ok. Left to go to bens market garden at knodishall while driving between there and saxmundham the sky was angry and in the distance we could see sheets of rain falling by the time we reached bens it was an absolute downpour still raining when we got home about 11-15am. At least we had our coffee sat outside while it was dry ☺️ 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

After all the persistent, unseasonable cold it's nice to have a brief visit of some warm air, particularly for the east of the Region. Shame it's a fleeting one-day wonder. The Arpege 850hPa (approx 1,500m) temperature sequence nicely illustrates this, showing the oranges of the +10C air over the east on Sunday. Here's the chart progression from this morning (Fri) thru the weekend and into Tuesday of next week. 

animjwk3.gif

Here's the Arpege 2m temps for 17.00 Sunday. I would think it likely that 20C will be reached in one of the Region's usual 'hot-spots'.

1399691813_Arpege2mtempSun09May17_00.thumb.png.8b44c900c54d122ba63167fdfeccc5bd.png

Source: https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpege.php?map=330

• Like 4

Posted

Dry so far today sun and cloud around also a brisk breeze, sounds like we might get a day or so of better temps but rain to spoil the party. Party spoilers seem to be the airlines who are going to double and treble their fares not nice for those who are desperate or foolhardy enough to go for a holiday overseas. Lots of gorgeous places here in the uk to go and visit b**ger keeping up with the joneses 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Sunny for most of the day but clouded over a bit now ahead of tomorrow's rain, reached 13c but a chilly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I've always loved days like this; days when, after what seems like an eternity of cold rubbish, a southerly winds sweeps in. One can almost smell the warmth!

• Like 1

Posted

Rain is clearing here now after a good 5-6 hour pour. The temperature sensor in the garden is showing 13c, but there's a bit of a breeze! Just cloudy and damp right now, it's not inspiring me to get moving right now! 

Already feels warmer than it has for ages lol temp has hit 13° and looks to continue rising through the afternoon and my overnight low here is 12° that’s sooo much better, if we can get some sunshine this evening it will be a nice warm evening 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That was a useful drop of rain for gardens and crops. Started here in South Suffolk at 07.00 and the main band cleared through at 10.30 having deposited 9.4mm.