Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Winds gently starting to pick up now. I can't wait for a bit of activity, and can't wait for rain and hopefully there is a lot off it, the garden desperately needs a water 

• Like 1

Posted

The wind has turned up, but as per usual the closer we get to the event, the further away the rain gets.

Was meant to arrive at 6pm, now 8pm with the percentage reducing as we go.

Desperate for some rain here. 

• Like 1

Posted

I managed to walk 18 miles in training for Trek26 in June from mine to Charing Cross And back to London Bridge. Was breezy later on but not too bad. Got to say London Bridge is a stupidly cold station. Wind is definitely intesifying here  

Posted

Winds really picking up now on and off. To be honest, I was thinking they may have overhyped this, which is often the case. Still sceptical but have lowered the parasol just in case !

Posted
45 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

Still not a single drop of rain all day! The plants and trees really need a drink to help with opening up! The rain seems to be missing us again, I

Current situation. Weather basically moving east

C7858A99-DCDE-4F64-BC01-4C30455BF5BB.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
21 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Winds really picking up now on and off. To be honest, I was thinking they may have overhyped this, which is often the case. Still sceptical but have lowered the parasol just in case !

Met office app goes for 61mph gusts at around 23:00, should be fairly interesting with the partially-leaved trees!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Met office app goes for 61mph gusts at around 23:00, should be fairly interesting with the partially-leaved trees!

I hope so..! It is odd that severe weather seems to lift my spirits  !! I've never been able to explain it.

• Like 3

Posted

Rain arrived around 7pm, winds been picking up slowly since late afternoon, not looking too bad out there at the moment and Ill be asleep before the worst of it arrives, long as its stopped raining by morning Ill be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Wondering where the trampoline will be in the morning!  Really gusty and now heavy (much needed) rain!  What a difference to this time last year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Next door has a gazibo casualty, it ended up wedged between my house wall and garden terrace wall. Thing is it was surrounded by three wall, their house and garden terrace wall, and the wall between us. It literally got lifted straight up, moved east a bit, and then dumped on it's side. Not sure sideways winds can do that . Plus could still hear it roaring when it had moved on. Was a loud gust at the very least.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

A couple of 52mph gusts according to shoreham airport, not too bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Absolutely loving hearing the rain lashing against the windows! So happy it's finally raining properly as so desperately needed here.

Some really big gusts amongst the dull roar of the wind. Love being cosy inside with the woodburner lit. (Might not be quite so happy in the morning if our fence or shed take a battering though!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Can hear the roar of the wind, as I lay in bed, has this system undergone rapid cyclogenisis, wasn't expecting this to be so windy, I've had to check the calender, making sure it's not october. I hope we're all doing well in this wonderful group.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Getting gusts in the 50mph range now.

Posted
9 hours ago, Snipper said:

Might be blossom drifts tonight if my Apple tree is anything to go by. 

B54A76B8-AD99-4B7D-A1A0-27A0C3ACAFB2.jpeg

It's a shame blossom just in full bloom and will all be gone in this wind

Posted

I dont know if it was a combination of rain and wind or just the rain, but it was so loud it woke me around midnight. Just got caught in a shower whilst out walking the dogs, horrible, and that wind is still very gusty, lots of small branches and bits of bushes strewn all about this morning. Looking at the radar, rain is incoming later on this morning. My garden looks like  autumn arrived, leaves, blossom and bits of moss of the roof all around, not sure its worth trying to tidy it yet whilst its still windy out.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Quite some night. A peak gust so far of exactly 50mp/h imby at 21.35 last night, and a total rainfall of 9.7mm since starting yesterday evening. The small but impressive squally line of showers that came through my location at 07.00 this morning gave 10 minutes of really heavy rain.

Radar 07.00: 1336822238_Radar04May07_00.thumb.jpg.d1b8a1f7e7de73352ed9ab791c2db869.jpg

From the Netweather high res radar calculations of rainfall up to midnight last night the SE corner had so far missed most of the rain. I'll post today's radar rainfall totals tomorrow morning.

24 hour rainfall Mon 3rd May: 1106526465_RainfallTotalHiResRadar03May.thumb.png.882cc370baf8e51d98a6ec524036ea80.png

Source: Netweather Extra

Edited by Blessed Weather
Clarified 07.00 was today.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The wind was way worse than expected last night, I thought it was going to rip my fence off!

Posted

Quite an interesting spell of weather at least it has not been boring. Watched tiny finch cling to garden wall then make it to small shrub either foolhardy or brave against hefty wind gusts. Our garden is full of neighbours magnolia blossom petals watched other neighbour out chasing empty bulk gravel sack take off like parachute, as i said not boring weather ☺️

• Like 2