IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
2 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I think that's just some highish stratus, not sure much precip from that...

That's what I thought until I looked at the radar 

socialshare3.jpg
WWW.WINDY.COM

Wind map and weather forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Snow has changed to ice pellets here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

When does the solar energy reduce enough do we think?

It's Early February and is below freezing with no sun after a frosty night and the snow still doesn't settle. That's why I love snow in December /January. 

• Like 1

Posted

Btw, a good dollop of snow is when you can't see the kerb and you inch out to cross the road as you are not too sure where they are hehe

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Much brighter echoes appearing on the radar, in small bands across London. The streamer effect is moving south.

Posted

Strange old day. 

lovely powdery snow (as you would expect from an easterly) this morning 

Last 3 hours big fat flakes and heavy snow but a very slow melt with temps at -1c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Light snow in Surbiton but much bigger flakes than this morning. Is it just me or is the radar starting to perk up a bit? ????

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp is still minus two in Langdon, DP however has dropped to minus three in the last hour.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

Snowing again in canterbury. Radar says it should be dry. 

I would suggest using the very good Netweather's radar. It will give you amazing ppn resolution and will also show you the previous, current  and in coming ppn within a specified time frame

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
2 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

Light snow in Surbiton but much bigger flakes than this morning. Is it just me or is the radar starting to perk up a bit? ????

Not just you

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

Btw, a good dollop of snow is when you can't see the kerb and you inch out to cross the road as you are not too sure where they are hehe

That's always been my measure of a good snowfall!

Posted
3 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

Im waiting for a juicy thames steamer 

• Like 2

Posted

Snow now falling heavier, which is weird, because radar shows nothing currently here. I tried to clear a path in my garden earlier, dont know why I bothered, now covered again, albeit not with the several inches elsewhere.

Posted

Lightish snow falling again which hopefully will add to the 6cm so far

Currently -2.1C

• Like 2

Posted

The fax charts look interesting for Wednesday with convergence lines showing across the SE (prolonged snow) 

C302E74B-C94B-4743-B3C4-033A9C0056AC.thumb.gif.af786a10d8d4d9311644013738e80bec.gif0D7E2100-3784-4EA5-B5F5-83B079199457.thumb.gif.14050bd2ca2fc5285013ee2ad0e4441f.gif

Today there’s showers popping up anywhere but generally appear quite light. Maybe a chance of heavier snow this evening/tonight/tomorrow. 

What’s surprised me is in this type of set up the medway contingent like @Lauren and @throwoffwould be prime for lots of snow but it seems there’s a snow shield up round those parts at the moment.

Maybe tonight, with talk of a Thames streamer, you might be able to get in on some decent action. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
1 minute ago, Coopsy said:

The fax charts look interesting for Wednesday with convergence lines showing across the SE (prolonged snow) 

C302E74B-C94B-4743-B3C4-033A9C0056AC.thumb.gif.af786a10d8d4d9311644013738e80bec.gif0D7E2100-3784-4EA5-B5F5-83B079199457.thumb.gif.14050bd2ca2fc5285013ee2ad0e4441f.gif

Today there’s showers popping up anywhere but generally appear quite light. Maybe a chance of heavier snow this evening/tonight/tomorrow. 

What’s surprised me is in this type of set up the medway contingent like @Lauren and @throwoffwould be prime for lots of snow but it seems there’s a snow shield up round those parts at the moment.

Maybe tonight, with talk of a Thames streamer, you might be able to get in on some decent action. 

The shield will fall...!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

-2 degrees and the snow is heavier now , been persistent all morning but gradually increasing in intensity.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Definitely at a 3 on the Voldemort scale now in Reigate. I’ve just been out for a walk and it’s absolutely perishing!

Light snow all morning in Horley, giving a dusting. GP, re your earlier post re MetO app temps, the app has shown no snow all morning whilst it has been lightly snowing all morning. iPhone app on the money. Also find that to be a much better trend indicator re temps. As far as apps go of course...

• Like 1

Posted

We were lucky to get hit by that extremely long and thin streamer people were commenting on last night at around 9pm, which gave us the first snow we'd had from this cold spell, and there was an immediate covering of pavements and roads. It was great to watch, looking like some sort of cliched film "blizzard" with plumes of powdery snow flying horizontally past street lights in the wind. Before 10pm unfortunately the streamer shifted slightly west but it was a nice 2 to 4 cm and the snow didn't melt overnight.

Since the morning there has been at least eight hours of constant light to moderate snow, but rather annoyingly it hasn't done anything to add to the snow levels, and despite the temperatures having been below freezing for at least 24 hours whatever lands in places that didn't get a covering from the horizontal snow last night is melting.

The streamer has given a nice base which hopefully might cool things a bit ahead of any further snow on the way, but it's got to be falling much faster out of the sky than it has been today or else nothing is going to happen.