Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Turning out not bad here, unsure what the actual temperature is but I would guess to be about 16c? Not clear blue skies mind, there's a high white haze and some lower clouds to my SW but nothing to stop the sun.

NW suggests we could get some Saharan Dust floating around tomorrow, I guess that's why the forecasts are showing more cloud around despite similar temperatures, then of course we pick up the northerly winds come Thursday, seems to remain sunny, although, I could be reaching for the jacket again. 

Edited by magicpatch

Posted

lovely outside been doing some gentle gardening ie weed disposal, seen ladybirds and butterflies as im a chilly mortal for me to be outside without a jacket it must be warm

Posted

Its hot and sunny blue skies, perfect afternoon to sit in the garden and enjoy, soak up some Vit D, so what do the one of the neighbours decide its time to do, yep, spend 3 hours (so far) hammering the tops of their fence panels! No sitting in the garden for me, given up even leaving the patio doors open to try and escape the relentless noise. Try again tomorrow, which looks like might be as warm as today and likely the warmest before we plunge back into the ice box for a few days. Still managed to clean the fish tank out and use the water for the plants.

Posted

think you have encountered sds law but i can honestly say my gardening was very quiet and sorry but i am a fish phobic dead alive frozen or cooked, the fish i mean.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
7 minutes ago, Tornadotitan said:

Caught this UPS Cargo plane passing the worm moon last night 

Screenshot_20210330_130921-01.jpeg

That is a brilliant picture ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

22c reached here today. Lovely day, shame I have been in work since 1pm.

close to 25c in the capital and with tomorrow looking a little warmer, maybe, just maybe the record March temperature could be under threat.

On another note, a separate shout out to our usual station of Santon Downham. A low of -2c last night and a maximum well into the low twenties. High diurnal ranges are most likely at this time of year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

My time-lapse of 30th March 2021. Fantastic Spring Day!☀?

Got up to 21.0°C here in Northants and 24.5°C at Kew Gardens making it the warmest March day since 1968!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

My Son Antony, will be cremated at Beckenham Crematorium, on the Kent/S.E. London, later this Morning.

Antony lost his 17 Year battle with Huntington's Disease, on 24th February, which he inherited, from his Mother, my first Wife.

He leaves a Family totally devastated, by his passing. None more so, than the little Lady next to him, in my Avatar photo.

As well as being my Daughter Hayley's, big Brother, he was also her best friend.

They both had a very difficult childhood, seeing their beautiful Mother, Jackie-Lee, destroyed by Huntington's Disease, and then having to live with the knowledge, that they had inherited the HD Gene, themselves.

They had a very special bond, forged during that very difficult childhood.

This incredibly strong, Brother/Sister relationship, is very evident, in the following images:

image.thumb.png.ff71259ce2b9e7dc23b97fc76a441f5f.png  image.thumb.png.6e00a5d0a78e019859c3254870f38fbf.png

image.thumb.png.85ad7ecc3534adbbbfd0321180319bd0.pngimage.thumb.png.c9f133687f7650ba6f5cf554fcfe8e16.png  

Nothing can harm you now Antony, you're with your beautiful Mum, Nannies and the Angels.

image.thumb.png.541cde762f8050931e312e49d0c3a0fe.png

image.thumb.png.ffc733bc1736d9b128cafbb161ba1bfa.png

R.I.P. Son. 

Our little Sparrow with a broken wing, will forever remain in our hearts.

Regards,

Tom. 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

My Son Antony, will be cremated at Beckenham Crematorium, on the Kent/S.E. London, later this Morning.

(Snipped)

Oh dear. What a very sad day for you and your family Tom. Thoughts and prayers are with you and Collette.
Sincerely, Malcolm.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Temperature at 9am was 17C... RAF Lakenheath! If things carry on as they are, the March record could be obliterated?

Posted

An interesting chart showing the date of the first 20C (or higher) temperature recorded at any East Anglian station over the period 1981 to 2021.

Whilst there are some notable differences between years (1983 date was late May), the average date over the period in this region is 13th April. But the key message from the chart is how this is trending earlier, by ~5 days per decade.

783329158_EastAngliaFirst20CDay.thumb.jpg.7e23bbe2008c40b35b878fbb6e787a9d.jpg

Chart/stats courtesy of Dan Holley, WeatherQuest. Twitter @danholley_

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
10 hours ago, Iceman2606 said:

My time-lapse of 30th March 2021. Fantastic Spring Day!☀?

Got up to 21.0°C here in Northants and 24.5°C at Kew Gardens making it the warmest March day since 1968!

I remember that time in 1968. I was at school in Essex at the time.  Friday 29th March that year was so warm and sunny, but on Tuesday 2nd April, we were in an Arctic airstream with lying snow, and I fell off my bike delivering papers that morning or the following morning.

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Oh dear. What a very sad day for you and your family Tom. Thoughts and prayers are with you and Collette.
Sincerely, Malcolm.

Also my thoughts and prayers are with you and Collette at this time. 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, cloud has filled the sky over the last hour or so, it's still bright, and the sun appears now and again, but you would probably say 'sunny intervals' is pushing it. It's still a warm day and you feel if the sun did make an appearance for a longer period of time it would warm up considerably but the forecasts do seem to be trending towards a cloudier afternoon now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

Is there a storm coming? Cos it certainly has that feel about it today. No blue skies and feeling very muggy.

My son was born during a thunderstorm (following a max of 23C) on April 5 1982 -- by the end of the week, it was snowing!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Harry's House said:

I remember that time in 1968. I was at school in Essex at the time.  Friday 29th March that year was so warm and sunny, but on Tuesday 2nd April, we were in an Arctic airstream with lying snow, and I fell off my bike delivering papers that morning or the following morning.

May be history repeating, more or less, at least the cold is coming, just like after the last time.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Disappointing amount of cloud streaming up from the SW so far today and the satellite suggests more to come. Some bright periods and the odd sunny spell, but not wall-to-wall sunshine like yesterday. However, the thin cloud cover doesn't seem to be denting the temperature. Yesterday's max here was 20C and outside it's currently 19C (at 13.00).

Cloud cover 13.00: 1328780882_Satellite31Mar13_00.thumb.jpg.7a4e47a4ad835719e7448a582021c8bf.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Disappointing amount of cloud streaming up from the SW so far today and the satellite suggests more to come. Some bright periods and the odd sunny spell, but not wall-to-wall sunshine like yesterday. However, the thin cloud cover doesn't seem to be denting the temperature. Yesterday's max here was 20C and outside it's currently 19C (at 13.00).

Cloud cover 13.00: 1328780882_Satellite31Mar13_00.thumb.jpg.7a4e47a4ad835719e7448a582021c8bf.jpg

Indeed,humid and grey most of the day.

Posted

Rain around on the radar, anyone have it reaching the ground yet? Gotten cloudier by the hour this afternoon, disappointing after yesterdays sunny day. 

Blimey just seen the beebs forecast for monday, early light snow showers! Heck.

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
34 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Rain around on the radar, anyone have it reaching the ground yet? Gotten cloudier by the hour this afternoon, disappointing after yesterdays sunny day. 

Blimey just seen the beebs forecast for monday, early light snow showers! Heck.

Yes,trained a little near Gatwick earlier and again near Sidcup as I drove up from Brighton.

Certainly not in the forecast!

Posted

Had a few tiny drops come over whilst out on the evening woof walk, not enough to wet anything, seems to have just cleared the east coast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

So disappointing today! Yesterday was beautiful but couldn't take advantage....hey ho.

Tom, I hope today went as well as it could and you were able to say goodbye in your own way x

• Like 2