Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
32 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

Lovely bright start to the day 7am blue skies loads of sun, going downhill now still have sun but lots of heavy cloud around luckily my front room has 2 big windows so have warming effects in here from early morning till early afternoon unless sun goes in of course. quick update my other half is home but slow progress with antibiotics reducing swelling and infection plus still a lot of pain as well, he is pottering around insisting on doing his cooking as well im rather unsteady with hot pans etc 

Hope things get better for you and hubby now SL. Once the weather warms up that should help

Posted

Same here horrible grey and wet from earlier rain, felt very chilly when out earlier at local little farm shop, local shops have been so helpful over this last year so its a thankyou to them lovely folk

Posted

Yup still fine drizzle, horrible stuff. Same here in Halesworth, local shops have been great doing deliveries to those that cant get out, local hoppa bus service taking people to vaccination centre free every day, most people have pulled together in this last year, been nice to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

15.5c here shame it's cloudy otherwise it would feel quite warm. Still, the air doesn't feel cold.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

What's with the gale force winds again, causing my fence to shake badly? Sick of this *** weather

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

What's with the gale force winds again, causing my fence to shake badly? Sick of this *** weather

Spring n eeds to spring asap

Posted

Still a bit windy this morning, cloudy and dull and more rain later apparently, so much for the sunshine the high pressure was supposed to bring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a dreary spell of weather for most of us. That darn High off Ireland just feeding a northerly with day after day of cold, cloudy weather with some rain thrown in for good measure. Later this week the High shifts position allowing a cold NE'ly to develop. Although if Arpege is to be believed, at least the cloud breaks and we see some welcome sunshine. You'll just need to find a sheltered spot out of the chilly breeze to sit and enjoy it.

It's currently looking like early next week before we finally lose the flow off the North Sea and winds switch to more westerly.

High in the wrong place: 449009726_GFSWed17Mar14_00.thumb.png.269108d36fcee4e28fad7aa32f9dbc98.png

High shifts giving Friday sunshine? 394267362_GFSFri19Mar14_00.thumb.png.5a56dd2fb9453cf81ae89a17cabecd81.png334740332_ArpegeCloudFri19Mar15_00.thumb.png.bfb7bec488444b30b3249fbe3ac5e6b6.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Another lame day to come! Anyone else suffering from SAD?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Neilsouth said:

Another lame day to come! Anyone else suffering from SAD?

Well, after two days' in a polytunnel (and heaps of smoked salmon) I'm not; though I do have aches and pains and a touch of sunburn, for my efforts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

What is going on. For a supposedly dry week it is turning out to be pretty wet!!!

Posted

Looking at the bbc forecast they totally underestimated the area of rain now effecting the se. Even net weather on the homepage talked about 'patchy light rain effecting east anglia' i can confirm here in wgc that it is not patchy light rain. ... Another wet day in the gardens...

Posted

Still wet here☹️

Posted

you really didnt have to share that drizzle bb, have heard iceland is expecting a volcano to blow anytime soon, also parts of america getting hammered with massive snow storms and tornados, makes our weather seem very tame at the moment.

• Like 1