Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Anyone else get woken up in the night by rain hammering against the window? The overnight radar shows some really heavy stuff went through in the wee small hours.

01.35: 215305391_Radar13Mar01_35.thumb.jpg.c7220ee8a74bc60d7ab68afbc322a6bc.jpg

Me and my dog are getting fed up being buffeted by strong wind now. Bring on a nice sunny anticyclone please. Next week shows potential, but for those of us who are now looking for warmth and sunshine rather than cold and snow, we could do with the high shifting a bit further east to avoid chilly winds and cloud off the North Sea.

GFS 0z for Wed 17th: 980856834_GFS50013Marfor17Mar.thumb.png.670c0ce8fee1490695a29cab010480e6.png

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Anyone else get woken up in the night by rain hammering against the window? The overnight radar shows some really heavy stuff went through in the wee small hours.

01.35: 215305391_Radar13Mar01_35.thumb.jpg.c7220ee8a74bc60d7ab68afbc322a6bc.jpg

Me and my dog are getting fed up being buffeted by strong wind now. Bring on a nice sunny anticyclone please. Next week shows potential, but for those of us who are now looking for warmth and sunshine rather than cold and snow, we could do with the high shifting a bit further east to avoid chilly winds and cloud off the North Sea.

GFS 0z for Wed 17th: 980856834_GFS50013Marfor17Mar.thumb.png.670c0ce8fee1490695a29cab010480e6.png

Yes, I'm in Bordon, East Hants and at around 1:00am I believe, my house was absolutely shaking from the wind.  It woke half the street up as when I was looking out my window I could see everyone with their lights on.  On my way to work this morning to Horsham, there looked to be quite a few trees down and branches snapped in the surroundings.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Seemed a lot more wild last night compared with the other night, heavier rain and much stronger gusts. Bright start this morning with blue skies but still blustery, always a deceiving combination of weather blue skies and gales when looking out the window, looks nice and warm but know it really isn't!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Biggest gust so far. Just taken some heavily weighted pots and smashed them, taken a fence panel out and knocked over and smashed our table.

abc. It's done about £500 worth of damage these last few days!

Posted
30 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Biggest gust so far. Just taken some heavily weighted pots and smashed them, taken a fence panel out and knocked over and smashed our table.

abc. It's done about £500 worth of damage these last few days!

Thats not good ☹

Meanwhile Im wondering how much of my washing will still be on the line or if my neighbours might find my undies in their flower patch And of course now its going to rain, stuff it, it can stay out now, hopefully the wind will still dry it after the showers pass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.90de335daf7ac3e493292be27556fe4c.pngimage.thumb.png.7b6b6175f9fe9ed90da186d5412e7f96.png 

No wonder I got a nasty awakening in the early hours. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Freeze said:

Seemed a lot more wild last night compared with the other night, heavier rain and much stronger gusts. Bright start this morning with blue skies but still blustery, always a deceiving combination of weather blue skies and gales when looking out the window, looks nice and warm but know it really isn't!

There where some quite potent squalls around in last night's rain, and wind wise they did pack a punch.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

An interesting satellite image this morning, clearly showing the various low pressure systems and in particular picking up the showers streaming down the Atlantic. Although not an exact match in time and orientation, a comparison with the fax chart helps identify the various synoptics in the image. The cold front (shown over the Low Countries on the fax chart) was responsible for the heavier, blustery rain that came through the Region overnight.

866218556_Satellite13Mar11_55.thumb.jpg.3563c52591c9ab6c5d1febdb1d23b010.jpg252935412_FaxChart13Mar06_00.thumb.jpg.1525b82b0f3b557ee8fb4d2a2c5ea358.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A brisk day with plenty of showers running through.

Out in a nearby wood today, enough shelter from the wind luckily.

ADC5DDA2-C470-4B9B-9428-D84A36E48215.jpeg

7DFCF84D-2B47-4123-8A86-99A7D417F9CE.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

pea sized hail shower, bit windy but nothing like it has been at times this past week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Delka said:

pea sized hail shower, bit windy but nothing like it has been at times this past week

Cor, that's a small shower!:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Cor, that's a small shower!:drunk-emoji:

I had pea sized peas for dinner

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

I thought it was thunder as the wind was whipping through in regular pulses that were so loud I woke up thinking it was a thunder storm. Took me a while to work out it was just incredibly strong gusts and as you say, very heavy rain to boot. Clouds and sunshine today as the wind continues to buffet the trees; plenty of bins decorating the road when I got up.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A brisk day with plenty of showers running through.

Out in a nearby wood today, enough shelter from the wind luckily.

ADC5DDA2-C470-4B9B-9428-D84A36E48215.jpeg

7DFCF84D-2B47-4123-8A86-99A7D417F9CE.jpeg

ive had one lightish shower,and a bit more beefier  [i guess]shower to my south,very strong gusts still  

IMG_20210313_142024.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Keeping my eye on this!

8797F62C-DB9B-4B0A-B8C1-6F0F5F2985FD.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
22 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

I've just seen that on the radar !! Incoming !

Predictably it's lost it's electrical activity en route... If it had initiated just a tad further SE we would've had our first rumbles of the year I reckon!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
20 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Predictably it's lost it's electrical activity en route... If it had initiated just a tad further SE we would've had our first rumbles of the year I reckon!

It did at least deliver a potent hail shower here in St Leonards. The ground was covered within minutes by pea size hail.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Just had a nice little hail shower pass through Surbiton, hail up to pea size! Didn’t last long and very localised looking at the radar. Showers seemed to have perked up over the last hour. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

Just had a nice little hail shower pass through Surbiton, hail up to pea size! Didn’t last long and very localised looking at the radar. Showers seemed to have perked up over the last hour. 

i think the one you had will end up south of me again,but have some showers running to the north too 

this is nw of here ...

IMG_20210313_162448.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I'm getting no work done today!

Firstly I'm a bit excitable after getting vaccinated... freedom is coming! 

And secondly this sky, I am spending most of my time looking out the window at the fabulous display the clouds are putting on today.

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 2