Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Any streaming going on anywhere tonight

Sadly no.That’s it snow wise now although next 3 nights look like being very cold with sharp frosts providing skies stay clear enough.As Tom mentions above we could be close to starting another cold spell as models looking more encouraging from around 20th February.That is miles away still as still volatility in models as imho still coming to terms with the SSWs in January.

stay safe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I have been following the CFS model for a few months in preparation for this winter and I have been very impressed so far

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
5 hours ago, m1chaels said:

So bbc (ECM) is showing precipitation on Sunday but all rain (at about 3 degrees) - do any of the other models have this breakdown of the cold - ideally with snow?!

Unless you're in Scotland or on Northern Hills and perhaps some other high ground elsewhere (but not in the south I don't think) then no. Believe there is a very real possibility of freezing rain in some central, eastern and northern areas potentially too. I'm not someone that study's models religiously though like some of the gurus on here, but i have checked multiple forecasts for my area and it's all rain here....

Edited by UKSupercell

Posted
8 minutes ago, yamkin said:

I have been following the CFS model for a few months in preparation for this winter and I have been very impressed so far

What's its latest outlook for March?

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Don said:

What's its latest outlook for March?

CFS model output for March is on the cold side at times............Next week is of great interest. I'll post some of the latest runs soon. No guarantee though, but CFS has really done well this winter!

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, yamkin said:

CFS model output for March is on the cold side at times............Next week is of great interest. I'll post some of the latest runs soon. No guarantee though, but CFS has really done well this winter!

Cool, will be interesting to see!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Don said:

Cool, will be interesting to see!

I'll only show a few CFS model runs starting in a week's time and then the others will be in fantasy mode, but it's the trend I'm looking for. CFS model has really exceeded expectations in my opinion ??

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Hotspur62 said:

Sadly no.That’s it snow wise now although next 3 nights look like being very cold with sharp frosts providing skies stay clear enough.As Tom mentions above we could be close to starting another cold spell as models looking more encouraging from around 20th February.That is miles away still as still volatility in models as imho still coming to terms with the SSWs in January.

stay safe

More ice days would be appreciated before spring and of course snow, although here we haven't even managed an inch of snow all winter.

Posted

Interesting CFS model trend for next Thursday 18th Feb. HP setting in allowing a very cold feed to commence (As Always: Subject To Change)

1153823606_01_CFS12ZZ50011_02.2021For18_02.2021_6pm.thumb.png.f88764bd0494319901df0d662772f2f2.png

Following the CFS trend for the 21st Feb, HP is more established with a very cold feed flowing towards the eastern part of the UK (As Always: Subject To Change)

620923911_02_CFS12ZZ50011_02.2021For21_02.2021_6pm.thumb.png.bc8072e329df4c85a0b60e22b1834d9c.png

Continuing the CFS trend for the 24th Feb, HP again is established with a very cold feed especially to the UK's E & SE (As Always: Subject To Change)

1047051918_03_CFS12ZZ50011_02.2021For24_02.2021_6am.thumb.png.8e9abe3a490f1559def5332f2e14bdcc.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, UKSupercell said:

Unless you're in Scotland or on Northern Hills and perhaps some other high ground elsewhere (but not in the south I don't think) then no. Believe there is a very real possibility of freezing rain in some central, eastern and northern areas potentially too. I'm not someone that study's models religiously though like some of the gurus on here, but i have checked multiple forecasts for my area and it's all rain here....

And here, I think the uppers are to high, if temp is 0 or below when front comes through, freezing rain is very likely.

• Like 1

Only down to - 0.9 here overnight due to cloud cover... 

Looks like mild weather is gaining traction now.. How much rain is associated with that is un clear yet.. 

Could be some quite nice weather next week if we get some sunny spells and no rain.. 

Expect a rapid thaw of snow by Monday as temperatures climb to 10 or even 11c in some areas! Positively tropical compared to what we have had this week.. 

Only managed one ice day here I think Monday or Tuesday.. 

Posted
7 hours ago, UKSupercell said:

Scotland,high ground, up north ,it's been nice not to here that for a few days ,I've noticed, and they must used to it, how Iceland when the atlantic gets going how windy it is ,like proper full on near hurricane force winds regular ,they must all walk sideways ...here is a couple of puddle splashes down my local lane 

IMG_20210211_161056.jpg

IMG_20210211_160745.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Currently 0c here, went down to -6 last night and everywhere is solid compacted ice. So many vehicles got stuck in our little close yesterday, its on a small slope half way up, so they couldnt get any traction on the ice. Ive lost count of the times ive gone out to tell them to go back down to the end, which is flat and then build up speed to get up the slope, its hardly everest, but on solid ice, particularly vans, theyre stuck spinning tyres and going nowhere. Small cars, no problems. Cant see it getting any better til the beginning of next week when hopefully warmer temps will help defrost everwhere

Posted

Good morning all,

We now have moderate snow here at Lowestoft, drifting along the roads and of of the roofs.

Looks like a streamer starting to set up on latest radar

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Good morning all,

We now have moderate snow here at Lowestoft, drifting along the roads and of of the roofs.

Having read your post, I thought, no cant be, so checked radar, and yep, looks to be heading this way too! Oh well at least more snow will cover the ice 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Still plenty of encouragement from the Met Office, for those of us still wishing for another shot of Cold, before Spring sets in.

Below, is this Morning's Meto update:

UK long range weather forecast

Tuesday 16 Feb - Thursday 25 Feb

This period begins with temperatures much milder than as of late, with temperatures returning to around average/ slightly about average for most and with some mild spells being seen in the south and west. The UK looks to be split broadly east and west in terms of the general weather types with the west being wet with strong winds at times, and the east being drier and finer. Any snowfall also then most likely becomes restricted to the Scottish mountains. From the weekend of the 20th, there are signs of more widespread settled conditions becoming established - which would correspond with temperatures falling back to below average, and with increased incidence of overnight frost and fog.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Fri 12 Feb 2021.

Thursday 25 Feb - Thursday 11 Mar

Into late February there is a signal for higher than average pressure to expand westwards leading to an increased chance of snow showers redeveloping in the east, for conditions in the north to become generally quite settled and for unsettled weather in the south, with disruptive snow possible. A similar picture continues into March, though milder conditions in the west look more likely to spread northwards.

Updated: 04:00 (UTC) on Fri 12 Feb 2021.

Regards,

Tom.  ❄️

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Morning peeps.

Very cold wind blowing out there this morning 

Just walked dog.

Lots of ice everywhere.

Gardens still have a good layer of snow , so that's the 6th day of lying..

Temp fell to -2.7c

Currently -1.5c

Thin high level cloud , sun breaking through though

Posted

-7.2c last night so not quite as cold as last night but still our second coldest in a very long time! another ice day possible today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
11 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Good morning all,

As Paul Sherman, has no use of it now, as his Radar reading ability is up to scratch, thought I would post up the Dutch Radar.

Buienradar.nl - Buienradar.nl - Weer - Actuele neerslag, weerbericht, weersverwachting, sneeuwradar en satellietbeelden

And they did suggest one or two Sneeuw Showers, working their way down the Suffolk Coast.

Regards,

Tom.  ❄️

• Like 2