Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Broxbourne, Herts
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
  • Location: Broxbourne, Herts
    31 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

    has anyone else got very very fine snow?? It’s been coming down for at least an hour, tiny little pellets, nothing on Radar!

    I can see we had some overnight...... you can virtually see every flake on the ground!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 6.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Well blew work out and got some fun in the Snow at last  IMG_3041.MOV

    So surely there are no posters who say the Amber wasnt warranted now ?? I know not every area in the Amber got what an Amber warning deserved but plenty of places did. When Storm warnings are Issued n

    My 76 year old father snow blading today in Newnham, Kent.  They’ve had around 4” over the last 24 hours. Temp is -0.8 there right now  V jealous indeed as I look out over green fields in th

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    9 minutes ago, Icebox said:

    Probably needed that after last night... 😛

    I was sooo blootered, last night, I can't even remember! I take it, we lost?:drunk-emoji:

    Ah... and what a game for the fans, had there been any!👍

    Edited by General Cluster
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.
    2 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

    Just been on a 2 mile walk over Cherry Orchard Park so luck to have this a few hundred metres from my house. Saw a Barn Owl and Green Woodpecker but they were too fast for my camera skills. Closer inspection is about 5cm on grass. 

    IMG_20210211_080414.jpg

    IMG_20210211_081059.jpg

    IMG_20210211_081244.jpg

    IMG_20210211_081506.jpg

    IMG_20210211_080340.jpg

    Western Approaches looking dicey mate! 🤣

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: st albans
  • Location: st albans

    The cloudy skies and fine snizzle type snow which people are mentioning is good for keeping the very patchy covering in place with no clear solar input although it’s beginning to sublimate 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.

    Lovely finish to the cold spell last night in Southend. Some real heavy showers early hours depositing another couple of inches. Certain I saw the odd flash of lightning as well out in the Estuary. Could of been the overhead lines on C2C though I guess. Proper finale though and proper convection at last. Shame the whole spell couldn’t of been like that, but no complaints from me. On we go to the end of Feb. Can we squeeze one more cold spell in... 🤞🏻

    Edited by Southender
    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ramsgate,East Kent.
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
  • Location: Ramsgate,East Kent.
    39 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

    We got about 5/6cm last night. Ended with 12/13cm which is a good total. 3rd highest I have seen here! 1st being 2010 when we had around 30cm and 2018 when we had 18. Hopefully one more cold spell which would be fab. I would love to do that one day in America! Hopefully we can get some cracking storms this summer!

    It's been a good spell.

    Cold and longevity (wth few days to go)

    8/10

    Depth of snow 6/10 (combined totals probably close to 18cm, wth inbetween slight thaws)

    Days wth falling snow and snow cover  8/10.(5 days falling snow , 5 days laying snow wth possibly couple more days to come)

    One to remember but at the age of 48 I've seen a some  better ,(84,87,91,10,13) having said that no complaints after 3 years wth nowt I'll take it..

    It's fun guys,  happy chasing for nxt time.

    Current temp -0.2c 

    Sunny.

    20210210_151649.jpg

    20210211_082112.jpg

    20210211_084125.jpg

    20210211_084132.jpg

    • Like 5
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Isle of Canvey, Thames Estuary
  • Location: Isle of Canvey, Thames Estuary

    Interesting how subtle little wind changes had such an impact for many. Just a 10 degree change meant make or break for a number. In the early hours for here that was ‘position A’ from what was available, an easterly with perhaps just a couple of degrees southerly to it.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Maidstone in West Kent
  • Location: Maidstone in West Kent
    3 minutes ago, craigore said:

    It's been a good spell.

    Cold and longevity (wth few days to go)

    8/10

    Depth of snow 6/10 (combined totals probably close to 18cm, wth inbetween slight thaws)

    Days wth falling snow and snow cover  8/10.(5 days falling snow , 5 days laying snow wth possibly couple more days to come)

    One to remember but at the age of 48 I've seen a some  better ,(84,87,91,10,13) having said that no complaints after 3 years wth nowt I'll take it..

    It's fun guys,  happy chasing for nxt time.

    Current temp -0.2c 

    Sunny.

    20210210_151649.jpg

    20210211_082112.jpg

    20210211_084125.jpg

    20210211_084132.jpg

    That's great news. Thanet did best in Feb 2012. I was living there. That was a genuine 15 cm. And it lasted a few days too 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Leigh On Sea - Essex & Tornado Alley
  • Location: Leigh On Sea - Essex & Tornado Alley
    21 minutes ago, Southender said:

    Lovely finish to the cold spell last night in Southend. Some real heavy showers early hours depositing another couple of inches. Certain I saw the odd flash of lightning as well out in the Estuary. Could of been the overhead lines on C2C though I guess. Proper finale though and proper convection at last. Shame the whole spell couldn’t of been like that, but no complaints from me. On we go to the end of Feb. Can we squeeze one more cold spell in... 🤞🏻

    Think I filmed it Mate around 1130pm last night? 

    Been out to Belfairs Woods and done some B&W Photography. Stunning over there 

    IMG_20210211_105611.jpg

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Brockham, near Dorking, Surrey. 75m ASL.
  • Location: Brockham, near Dorking, Surrey. 75m ASL.
    9 minutes ago, GSP said:

    Interesting how subtle little wind changes had such an impact for many. Just a 10 degree change meant make or break for a number. In the early hours for here that was ‘position A’ from what was available, an easterly with perhaps just a couple of degrees southerly to it.

    A '10 degree change"?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Brockham, near Dorking, Surrey. 75m ASL.
  • Location: Brockham, near Dorking, Surrey. 75m ASL.

    A very thin film here, as predicted, from flurries last evening, when the slightly heavier snow went just to the south of us.  Snow in shaded areas only now, but the ground is hard.  Mild to come but then possibly snowy again, but I have my doubts about the return of the very cold weather.  Another week on also adds to the insolation values.  

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: SE London
  • Location: SE London
    1 hour ago, Tornadotitan said:

    Icy cold in Witham 🥶

    Screenshot_20210210_202216.jpg

    is that the 'twig' everyone has been going on about? 😄

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.
    12 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

    Think I filmed it Mate around 1130pm last night? 

    Been out to Belfairs Woods and done some B&W Photography. Stunning over there 

    IMG_20210211_105611.jpg

    Yeah around 11:30 I think (Roughly) big old flash to my East/SE. Your vid isn't playing mate?

    I can imagine how stunning it looks over Belfairs.

    Edited by Southender
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: West of Kings Lynn
  • Location: West of Kings Lynn

    2 photos of the river Great Ouse, than runs through Kings Lynn. The photo that shows the river straight and with the electricity pylons is going up to the Wash, and the other photo is in the opposite direction. As yo can see the water is millpond like.

    236F3BA7-CCFE-4615-B4E5-6ED35F9C52E0.jpeg

    AA7B5531-5179-4DD2-890F-3EEFDD1B91DB.jpeg

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: SE London
  • Location: SE London
    8 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

    A '10 degree change"?

    angular, not temperature, me thinks 😄

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: West of Kings Lynn
  • Location: West of Kings Lynn

    Sunset 🌅 over the wash, taken from Hunstanton, before the snow came, it’s the only place you can see a sunset from the east coast.

    13257AAC-DBCC-44F3-9BF2-588DAE731B44.jpeg

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Maidstone in West Kent
  • Location: Maidstone in West Kent
    28 minutes ago, craigore said:

    It's been a good spell.

    Cold and longevity (wth few days to go)

    8/10

    Depth of snow 6/10 (combined totals probably close to 18cm, wth inbetween slight thaws)

    Days wth falling snow and snow cover  8/10.(5 days falling snow , 5 days laying snow wth possibly couple more days to come)

    One to remember but at the age of 48 I've seen a some  better ,(84,87,91,10,13) having said that no complaints after 3 years wth nowt I'll take it..

    It's fun guys,  happy chasing for nxt time.

    Current temp -0.2c 

    Sunny.

    20210210_151649.jpg

    20210211_082112.jpg

    20210211_084125.jpg

    20210211_084132.jpg

    King George park. Lovely place brings back good memories

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ipswich, Suffolk 72asl
  • Location: Ipswich, Suffolk 72asl

    Nice satellite image Simon King has posted on his Twitter feed, shows the snowfall and areas that missed out really well 

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ramsgate,East Kent.
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
  • Location: Ramsgate,East Kent.
    35 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

    That's great news. Thanet did best in Feb 2012. I was living there. That was a genuine 15 cm. And it lasted a few days too 

    Your right and I should of remembered that one. Weve had many dumps of the decades but it's the ones that stay on the ground for a week + that stay wth you..

    I should of added 95 (brutally cold here ).to that list..

     

    Edited by craigore
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...