Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yes places like Whitstable and Herne Bay next in line for some pastings as the convergence line is strengthening on its Eastern edge as it sinks NNE-SSW. Might even get some Thundersnow on the North Kent coast over the next hour or 2

Really drying up now in SE Essex might get the odd flake in the wind but a pleasant afternoon, look east though and its black as night over there

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

The emotions of the streamer! 

Got excited as that big lump was coming straight for Maidstone only to change direction at the last moment, I can see the snow over the valley but the streamer is moving south now, aaargh! (Haha)

That's streamers for you, you either get it or you don't!

The cold spell will be ending soon, so make the most of it people, much better than last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, The Whiteman said:

I apologise to those people who have very little snow or none at all. But wow!! That is insane! My car is covered again and my road. All the trees are being covered nicely as it's not getting blown off them! Nit sure 2018 snow was as heavy as this!! Isle of sheppey will be cut off if it's windy?

It was insane light now but loved it I do hope we get more today and tonight I know being greedy lol. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes places like Whitstable and Herne Bay next in line for some pastings as the convergence line is strengthening on its Eastern edge as it sinks NNE-SSW. Might even get some Thundersnow on the North Kent coast over the next hour or 2

Already had thunder snow this morning! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Started snowing here, about to hit properly I think. It's very noticeable how the streamer has already shifted South - how confident are we that this will stabilise for a while and not simply keep sliding South?

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Really drying up now in SE Essex might get the odd flake in the wind but a pleasant afternoon, look east though and its black as night over there

Where will it exit Paul  Hythe, Folkestone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Area of interest for later! Snowing again here, but not as bad yet as further west :)

- Nice to have thundersnow this morning though

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Neilsouth
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

The emotions of the streamer! 

Got excited as that big lump was coming straight for Maidstone only to change direction at the last moment, I can see the snow over the valley but the streamer is moving south now, aaargh! (Haha)

That's streamers for you, you either get it or you don't!

The cold spell will be ending soon, so make the most of it people, much better than last year

Where are you then. I'm near Studios and it's throwing down! Must have had 2cm so far its that heavy

Posted
6 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

@Paul Sherman do you still see Canterbury in the firing line later? Thanks  

Canterbury to Ashford probably 2-4pm for best chances 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Eyebrows raised at the predicted minima of -9c on the bbc website. However this will probably be based on the background model showing snow cover over the area.

Models showing temperatures generally around the -5c mark tonight. Colder over the snowfields in eastern parts of the region.

Oh yeah.. I am definitely not envious of the epic “torrential” downpours of snow over Kent, whilst I watch another dregs of the North Sea effort here that produces a few light flurries.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, RJM said:

Where will it exit Paul  Hythe, Folkestone?

New Romney to Newhaven probably a safe bet, need the streamer on the east side of the eastern end of the North Downs for it too slide into the Channel. As Stu London says the North Downs really takes it out of the Showers.

When the ENE Streamer 12 years ago hit, the north side of the downs was plastered, the south side had a lot less so the hills really impact these

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold
21 minutes ago, The Whiteman said:

I apologise to those people who have very little snow or none at all. But wow!! That is insane! My car is covered again and my road. All the trees are being covered nicely as it's not getting blown off them! Nit sure 2018 snow was as heavy as this!! Isle of sheppey will be cut off if it's windy?

Don’t apologise (although it’s appreciated!) 

although it’s frustrating when it doesn’t happen here, I’m happy for people who are! Xx 

• Like 1

Posted

Just looked a thee metoffice video forecast for tonight. Showed a curved  streamer setting up right up the Thames affecting most of London Essex and Kent. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

New Romney to Newhaven probably a safe bet, need the streamer on the east side of the eastern end of the North Downs for it too slide into the Channel. As Stu London says the North Downs really takes it out of the Showers.

When the ENE Streamer 12 years ago hit, the north side of the downs was plastered, the south side had a lot less so the hills really impact these

Do you think those showers could clip shoebury/great wakering, paul? Thanks 

Posted

Lol just hints in the last 30 minutes the steering flow might be changing a bit at this end of the Estuary, last 30 minutes my Weather Station getting more easterly element into the wind, and would you believe it after all that snow slipped to our south - Hahaha this snow chasing is worse than Upslope Flow trying to tempt a Supercell off the mountains, sometimes it can take 5 hours for them to leave the mountains.

I will be livid if the winds go more ENE in the next few hours after that Sheerness and Medway Towns snowstorm has slipped by us

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Snowing again, sensible flakes this time! Would love to be under this for a few hours (wishful thinking)

Posted
2 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Just looked a thee metoffice video forecast for tonight. Showed a curved  streamer setting up right up the Thames affecting most of London Essex and Kent. 

Would be nice to get one more covering here.!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 minutes ago, john mac1 said:

Hopefully.. That must must be the twig?