Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Snow pepped up a bit here (as shown on the radar) and have a dusting.  Cheered me up a little after the poor-ish model runs today!

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Be very careful outside over the next few days, it's really icy, went to get the dog in from the garden and slipped on ice from where I had cleaned the patio and path off.

Luckily only my pride and buttocks hurting, think I'm going to feel that in the morning!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
4 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Im in that zone, in northiam, there's nothing I can see falling

Scrap that, snowing now, interesting

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Be very careful outside over the next few days, it's really icy, went to get the dog in from the garden and slipped on ice from where I had cleaned the patio and path off.

Luckily only my pride and buttocks hurting, think I'm going to feel that in the morning!

I did that in December 2010 and yes I did feel it the next day!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I done that on dec 7th, straight on my front, im a big lump as well, fair bit of timber felled on icy decking, result was 5 ribs smashed to bits, 3 on the left, 2 on the right, still not properly healed lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Need a miracle for snow tomorrow.

got a feeling we might get some dandruff 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, Don said:

I did that in December 2010 and yes I did feel it the next day!

Smashed my knee on the ice on some station stairs in the 1990s some time . I still have knee issues now when aggravated. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Half hour change shows signs of this light precip378AF98D-E274-46ED-BDC4-3A6A34F2C16C.thumb.png.172c7e2759a04faaa7b257d8ee418e86.png

BEF89E79-34EF-46EE-99EE-AB06197717D5.thumb.png.22b083b81db23558dadec03ac3e73dd9.png

I was just thinking about going to bed, but suddenly my interest is back, i'll give it a while, and see what happens, still very light, but heavier than 5 mins ago

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Smashed my knee on the ice on some station stairs in the 1990s some time . I still have knee issues now when aggravated. 

Also fell and twisted my ankle in the snow in December 2017!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
3 minutes ago, jamesgold said:

Very orange sky to my south, weird. Must be some snow falling at higher levels and not getting down or what?

Means everything has suddenly switched and we are in for a pasting in south london

if only

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I guess the feature I pointed out is doing what I expected nice. Let's see what happens now.

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

I guess the feature I pointed out is doing what I expected nice. Let's see what happens now.

Great call mate

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, snowbob said:

Means everything has suddenly switched and we are in for a pasting in south london

if only

We can dream  On a serious note it does look like it’s going a little more NE wind so I reckon it’ll be better when we wake up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Last chance saloon here tonight, the wind will veer more north easterly and straight off the Wash, hopefully the heavier showers could be pulled this way for a while until they die out during the day tomorrow.

Temperature hovering between -1/-2c

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, jamesgold said:

We can dream  On a serious note it does look like it’s going a little more NE wind so I reckon it’ll be better when we wake up

Hope so mate

looking like last chance for our region tonight

thats if the wind plays ball 

it may not 

hasn’t done us any favours the last 48 hours has it

we have been to south to east 

what next

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Will it or won't it?

Screenshot_20210209-235959_Chrome.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Hope so mate

looking like last chance for our region tonight

thats if the wind plays ball 

it may not 

hasn’t done us any favours the last 48 hours has it

we have been to south to east 

what next

Given the amount of snow we've seen it could have been so much better if those ground temperatures were lower.  The amount of hours with falling snow has been huge in this area but never huge intensity.  I suspect we've done better than many with the exception of parts of East Anglia and Kent.

• Like 2

Posted

The way I see it Wednesday has best chance of delivering from this cold spell hopefully ground temps will be sufficiently cooled tonight, many models don’t turn things out fully dry till Thursday afternoon. The FAX has a convergence running in Estuary in morning interesting for SE London, NW Kent, South Essex / Surrey ect.

10504B81-8995-4A85-96BE-318522BF710B.thumb.png.aeab01958b5489cae150ae2f0c0fa66b.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

On non-snow related matters, the cold weather should last until at least Saturday (all 4 of those days could provide ice days in places).

Once the showers clear away there should be mostly sunny skies for Wednesday and Thursday and the potential for sub -10c minima in places (widely down to -5c). Friday and Saturday will likely see more cloud due to a decaying warm front (no precipitation over our region). There will also be an increasingly brisk south easterly wind that will feel rather perishing. Sunday could be breakdown day, or at the very least where a more active front tries to push east. Too far out for details though.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Just in from work and roads much better tonight in fact I was surprised by how clear and dry they were obviously side roads still a bit slippery but main roads were weird, snow piled up on roadside but no wetness in the kerbs - night night people in my phone

• Like 2