Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Been a right off this summer, yet to get one reipe tomatoe in fact the plants are dying as they think it is October time. Just hoping for an Indian summer but the whey this year has gone there is little hope. Another cool gloomy day ahead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

On the plus side the north easterly winds will come to and end at some point. Probably late Autumn when they produce something more useful…. 

Posted

Most be closing in one of the dullest Augusts on record here in London.

Once again, a cloudy cool start here - not expecting to see the sun today.

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another cool, damp, grey morning, and no sunshine expected before Saturday. It's about as dull as ditchwater!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Bloody hell, this is relentless... At least I now know what it'd be like to live on a miniature planet orbiting Martin Kemp's head. 

Can't see September bringing much in the way of warmth or sunshine either. This horrible pattern seems so entrenched. 

Really need this winter to be bright at least. I have the same kind of sun and warmth cravings I normally have in February... and we're only just entering Autumn!

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, mulzy said:

Most be closing in one of the dullest Augusts on record here in London.

Once again, a cloudy cool start here - not expecting to see the sun today.

I had thought of August 2008 being one of the dullest on record. I don't know how this one compares.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

4:15 on a “summer” afternoon and it’s so gloomy you almost need the lights on. Even a few spots of drizzle in the keen breeze. Absolutely atrocious. Don’t think I’ve ever described the weather as frustrating but this endless gloom is really tiresome now. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, suffolk lady said:

our heating has just been switched on as fed up with feeling chilly.

And heres me with the patio doors open letting the fresh breeze in, I think I was an eskimo in a previous life  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Here is Spring & Summer 2021 summed up for us in the South East/London area-

Number of days over 6 hours sunshine according to Heathrow

May 8th- 29th (4 out of 22)

June 17th- July 13th (2 out of 27)

July 24th- August 30th (4 out of 38)

A very sunny grand total of only 10 out of 87 days (almost 3 months worth) that consisted of 6 hours or more of sunshine. You could easily get more than 10 in any given winter, let alone what is supposed to be the sunniest time of the year. 

In my opinion, this will personally go down as the dullest Spring and Summer in living memory.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, suffolk lady said:

our heating has just been switched on as fed up with feeling chilly.

Yes, heating is on here too and for once it wasn’t the Mrs that pushed me. It’s chilly inside and out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Having a week on the East Sussex coast, very nice place but could do with a bit of sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

It appears the geese are migrating over my town at the moment, is it a bit early?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Another dreadful morning with leaden sky and drizzle in the air. It feels wrong to say it, but roll on the weekend when the Atlantic has stirred sufficiently to bring low pressure and rain to the Region. That introduces an unsettled period, but at least it won't be as boring as the current set-up.

GFS really gets excited way out in la la land, showing an ex-tropical storm getting caught up in the jet stream to bring the UK its first storm of the autumn. It'll be interesting to see if this develops or turns out to be another figment of GFS's imagination.

TS on Sept 10th: 1029306799_GFSPrecip10SeptTS.thumb.png.2eedaf3d81d2c28e5ad7f2542e9980ac.png

By Sept 14th: 693991921_GFSPrecip14Sept.thumb.png.ea0aa557b78c8574272dbc773c635021.png2129282627_GFS50014Sept.thumb.png.de32cd16858a6841c8fdaeb4286d08b2.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

It’s actually trying to brighten up here, thinning cloud and even some patches of blue sky appearing.

But it’s definitely not enough so salvage what’s probably been the most boring and tedious summer month ever. The highlight was probably the torrential thundery downpours in the first week, at least they had some sun in between. Since then it’s just been endless cloudy to mostly cloudy skies, zero hot weather, pleasantly warm at best and just general nothingness. Yawn!