Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Day started out quite nice, but further into the dog walk early on the cloud started to roll in and its been on/off drizzle since. I dont mind the cloud or the breeze, but the light drizzle that makes you soaked through but doesnt do much else is flipping annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A sizeable area of our Region enjoying a very pleasant afternoon, thanks to the cloud breaking in the lee of the Brecon Beacons, Wales. You can see the same effect to the east of hills/mountains all the way down the eastern side of the UK (although the Cheshire Gap leaving the cloud to stream across Norfolk). Very nice after the grey, cloudy dross of the last couple of days. Temp now at 21.2C at 14.20.

Satellite 14.20: 513125911_Satellite18Aug14_20.thumb.jpg.bb38a8b6401eb241c37c0df6ff576ec0.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

High of 23.1C this afternoon, didn't feel too bad.

Weekend looking a bit soggy!

Posted

Dull and drizzly again this morning, still comfortable temps for me, so not complaining  although less drizzle would be better. Beeb app showing the good old storm symbols for sunday, never gonna happen but proper rain might be had rather than the useless drizzle.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A little bit of sunshine yesterday, especially so in Huntingdon where I work. Temperatures at least crept over the 20C mark.

Already some cloud breaks and a subtle difference in the clouds as the flat monotone sky has been replaced by some actual convection (Albeit still low level based).

Posted

Well, to rub salt into the crappy summer we're enduring, my escape to Florida next month has just been cancelled.

Not. Happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Another summer Saturday morning and again cloudy start to the weekend. Cloud cover come quicker then forecast…I have only recorded 5 clear sunny Saturdays this summer with one more to go next week…After this weekend weather looking dry, but what has summed up this summer lots of cloud stuck in this part of EA yet again midweek.

I think this “stuck in the rut” pattern is here to stay for many weeks yet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

today looks wonderful looking at the radar 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Today is flying ant day down here, don't quite know why they've waited so long, thought it happened months ago elsewhere.

Posted

What an awfully depressing month the amount of cloudy days this summer is ridiculous, worst summer since 2012 in my part of London perhaps even 2011 as August 2012 was pretty reasonable. 

Posted

Wheres all the forecasted rain gone? Nothing here all day, even with the radar showing light rain, nothing has reached the ground! Sceptical about the rain warning from 12am - 6am, where is it supposed to be coming from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Wheres all the forecasted rain gone? Nothing here all day, even with the radar showing light rain, nothing has reached the ground! Sceptical about the rain warning from 12am - 6am, where is it supposed to be coming from?

Thinking that myself….can anyone shed some light?

Posted

It is funny how fickle our weather is. So thinking back to 2020 the 9 months of coronavirus. We couldn't go anywhere had one of the driest springs on record. This spring when things started to upon up and return to some sort of normality.... rain and sun all the way through. One outbreak of heat in summer 2021. A good 4-5 weeks of decent hot weather. Don't consider this a good summer its been pants. Staycation in the summer have been horrendous. Let's get this damp squib of a summer done and back concentrating on the snow hunt. At least that is exciting watchtingbthe North in less expectation of it happening 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

We had a real powerful storm in Faversham around 5ish this morning. Took me by complete surprise and is one I’ll remember just for the sheer power of it. The house shook with every rumble and it sounded like someone was kicking in the front door. The storms we usually get are a few flashes and rumbles but this was a little beast. It went on for around an hour so slow moving. Had a good bit of rain too. Back to feeling muggy now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

A few pretty cloudscapes from yesterday evening’s walk along the coast 

0BA8BF5D-2D90-4974-8520-1D285270D7E1.jpeg

413420C3-3505-492D-8990-197C65ED8B65.jpeg

D1D54E19-4815-4276-ABB8-38DEEB7EEA66.jpeg

62E91275-42CD-47F9-8F6E-677A358C6F58.jpeg

22B7E619-D130-4435-A116-76796F5F61E8.jpeg

8152F71B-91F7-4D52-9ECD-32D3A162E278.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Well no rain overnight, murky humid morning so far.

much the same here even now but with an odd shower, next week we seem to have the cold northly wind to spoil what could be a pleasant week.

Posted

Typically as it wasnt forecast, we've had light rain on/off for the past few hours, seems to be clearing through now. Cold northerly you say, yes and please, hopefully get rid of the humidity thats been hanging around for days now.